Author Topic: XIII Cabinet locations  (Read 48125 times)

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: XIII Cabinet locations
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2011, 11:26:21 PM »
"King of Fighters XIII is officially up and running at the Galloping Ghost Arcade! Its in a Dynamo cabinet, with a 27" Asus monitor, and brand new Sanwa joysticks and buttons! "

I'll post pics next time I go.  I won the marvel 3 tournament there this weekend and part of the prize was a pass to go back.  If you live near chicago and haven't been to GGA you are missing out.  They have 100+ games and tons of cabs for the latest games.  You pay 15 bucks to get in but everything is on freeplay, and they are open until 2AM EVERY DAY.

yo syxx is that serious for real?  Is it up and running already?

syxx

« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2011, 03:03:22 AM »
according to them, yes.

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2011, 09:51:49 PM »
Canada is getting more XIII love now at Lovegety in Mississauga, ON.

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2011, 02:35:03 AM »
if someone is coming to shenzhen, i suggest him to go to the arcade in nanshan...kof13 on a big screen is something to be seen:

isnt there more lag on a big ass screen like that.

actually there wasnt any different from that setup and the normal lcd cabinet. Now they put ssf4ae in there, so 13 is hosted in two linked Taito LCD...unfortunately now one of the sticks is really too loosy, everytime a go there it just doesnt feel right ... anyway now 13 players seems to have moved to ssf4ae so i think they were just playing 13 cause of the bigscreen appeal (if u where there to play lots of ppl were just starring at the graphics)...this in both the arcades (well in the first one ,KKmall, there werent player before, now it`s the same lol).
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2011, 07:04:07 AM »
For those of us in the midwest. Just got back  from  gga in brookfield, IL    played 13 for about two hours. It everything the rest of the forums have said which is amazing.   Confirmed ver 1.1   the set up and buttons are really nice. Button  Layout is preset to 2x2.   

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2011, 04:41:55 PM »
really interresting, not soo good if you only plan on playing 2 or 3 games before going elsewhere. but fucking interresting if you planned on going to a cade and just playing till you had your fill. in that case, this is the shit.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

syxx

« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2011, 07:57:13 PM »
If you went to GGA where the hell else would you want to go? XD  If you get bored there's 100 other games there that you can play.  15 dollars is cheap considering it's Chicago.  There's a chinese place next door also and the guys that run the arcade are pretty cool and let you bring your food in.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2011, 04:40:16 PM »
Really?!  It'd seemed like Lovegety was reluctant to get on any fighters that weren't easy money like SSF4AE.  Time to start going there again, I guess.  Any confirmation if it's ver 1.1 (or is there an easy way to check)?

EDIT: Confirmed that Lovegety has an english XIII machine.  Address & phone number:

505 Highway 7
Thornhill, ON L3T 7P6
(905) 709-7910

I'll try actually playing on it tomorrow (or wednesday at worst) to check the version.  Figure I can just try to do an HD bypass roll cancel to see if it's 1.1 or not.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:31:10 PM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2011, 07:14:32 AM »
Really?!  It'd seemed like Lovegety was reluctant to get on any fighters that weren't easy money like SSF4AE.  Time to start going there again, I guess.  Any confirmation if it's ver 1.1 (or is there an easy way to check)?

EDIT: Confirmed that Lovegety has an english XIII machine.  Address & phone number:

505 Highway 7
Thornhill, ON L3T 7P6
(905) 709-7910

I'll try actually playing on it tomorrow (or wednesday at worst) to check the version.  Figure I can just try to do an HD bypass roll cancel to see if it's 1.1 or not.

Good to hear KOF XIII is getting some Canadian love, and if you want to find out what version it is, the easiest way is to look at the title screen and you should see a big V1.1 at the bottom right corner. You don't even have to put a coin in.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2011, 01:14:35 PM »
Thanks for the tip, though something tells me I'll want to put a few coins in it anyway ;)
Old man/bad player

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2011, 10:51:01 PM »

505 Highway 7
Thornhill, ON L3T 7P6
(905) 709-7910

OMG... can't believe they finally have it... k i'm for sure going there this sunday... anyone else gonna be there on sunday? i don't have a car and it will be very hard for me to get there by bus after finch station... but if anyone is going there and can pick me up from finch station that would be awesome...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2011, 11:31:04 PM »
OMG... can't believe they finally have it... k i'm for sure going there this sunday... anyone else gonna be there on sunday? i don't have a car and it will be very hard for me to get there by bus after finch station... but if anyone is going there and can pick me up from finch station that would be awesome...

Someone help the guy out!  I'm so glad, slowly but surely, you guys finally get to play XIII. =)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2011, 11:41:05 PM »
Kane - I've been waiting since i first saw XIII footage... This is like a dream come true... A few months in advance... lol...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2011, 11:43:34 PM »
Kane - I've been waiting since i first saw XIII footage... This is like a dream come true... A few months in advance... lol...

I'd imagine you guys waited so long it's almost like..."oh, it's out" and it doesn't really sink in till later.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2011, 11:56:33 PM »
Alright, got to play on the machine at Lovegety today.  Unfortunately, I couldn't do the title screen trick (or I should say fortunately, I guess, since it's because there were other people playing! *laughs* ), but unless I'm just too awful to HD roll cancel, it is version 1.1.  Yay!  Time to start a regional thread...

Someone help the guy out!  I'm so glad, slowly but surely, you guys finally get to play XIII. =)
I might be able to help :) .  See me in the southern ontario thread.
Old man/bad player