Author Topic: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups  (Read 87855 times)

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 07:41:35 AM »
Looks like we'll have between 6 and 11(or even more if the denton melty players come by, any word on that, oldboy?) people total saturday. Pretty typical. Will have 3 setups even if dark geese ends up not able to come.

Honestly, I find that looking over matches I had with him to be a very helpful tool. It helps me recognize my mistakes so I can work on breaking bad habits. But I understand if this makes other people uncomfortable. I can ask him to not bring his recording equipment if that is what you prefer. I'm sure he's not expecting a lot of competiton, but he likes to teach others so it works out.

On the flip side I got him to play BB for the first time only a few weeks ago. Believe me, whatever he does to us in kof we will have returned upon him in BB.
Oh yeah, i understand that. I wish I had recorded matches of my losses in BB/AH3, and i'd love that for XIII. But 2002um is not something i've really put time into(for various reasons) though its nice for getting used to KOF in general.

But yeah, with regards to that, pretty much what oldboy said. I'm excited that DG is going to be at meetups, that will really help us get good at XIII i feel.

I'll try to make it to the first weekend you guys play XIII since I'm not sure if it'll be the weekend of Thanksgiving or the weekend after. I'm not super great with my execution and I'm still trying to learn the basics so hopefully I'll learn a lot from this experience.
Sounds good! We'll have a good time and help you get better. I'll be hosting either the 25th or 26th, but I wont be hosting the following weekend due to finals crunch time.

Nice to see you signed up on here, mightfo.  Good luck with getting things rolling in Dallas (though it sounds like that's already coming along nicely *laughs* )!  Got a few friends down in Texas, so I might come out there one of these days to get bodied.
Yup, thanks! It'd be nice to get some matches in with you.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:43:12 AM by mightfo »
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 06:33:26 AM »
Copy pasting my shoutouts from dustloop :>

FUCKING GODLIKE MEETUP

SHOUTOUTS TO DARK GEESE FOR BRINGING HIS RECORDING STUFF AND GENERALLY BEING AWESOME
SHOUTOUTS TO ERIC FOR THE FUCKING AMAAZING LITCHI VS CARL MATCHES. THAT SHIT IS EXACTLY WHY I DO THIS. SO GODLIKE
SHOUTOUTS TO AWESOME PLAYERS FROM DREAMCANCEL JOINING THE SCENE
SHOUTOUTS TO COOKIE FOR GETTING BETTER WITH MU
SHOUTOUTS TO DAT DEAD SPIKE
SHOUTOUTS TO MAI ZONING
SHOUTOUTS TO BEING BAD WITH ANGEL
SHOUTOUTS TO XIANGFEI'S AWESOME CD HITBOX
SHOUTOUTS TO "DO KYO-2'S COOL SUPER"
SHOUTOUTS TO DOING THROW OVER AND OVER AGAIN AS MEIFANG
SHOUTOUTS TO USING IORI'S LEAP SUPER FOR ESCAPING
SHOUTOUTS TO BLOCKING A CARL UNBLOCKABLE SETUP(i felt that eric timed it in such a way that the overhead would be slightly earlier, so i blocked high then low very quickly)
SHOUTOUTS TO DAISHARIN FOR BEING THE BEST SUPER EVER. YES, I DO THIS SHOUTOUT EVERY TIME. DEAL WITH IT
SHOUTOUTS TO OLDBOY FOR BRINGING A SETUP AND BEING AWESOME
SHOUTOUTS TO GETTING SOME ARCANA IN. I NEED TO STOP SUCKING AT THAT
SHOUTOUTS TO "NO ROLLS MOTHERFUCKER"
SHOUTOUTS TO LILICA DIVE TRICKS
SHOUTOUTS TO LOTS OF GOOD KOF2002UM MATCHES ALL AROUND
SHOUTOUTS TO ANGEL 214P BEATING DRAGONPUNCHES
SHOUTOUTS TO YOMI ANTI AIRS
shoutouts to screaming when my choices backfire and i am left wide open, lmao

sooo godlike. i'm glad ya'll came and had an awesome time. I'll be hosting the next two weekends(We'll be playing DAT KOF13 on the meetup on the 26th), so stay hype!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 06:38:13 AM by mightfo »

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 06:38:50 AM »
Yea that was really a fun experience and it was nice to meet everyone in person. I can't wait for next time to play again. I forgot to eat the rest of the pizza before I left lol.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 07:27:06 AM »
Also, Taoftw posted this on dustloop, may be relevant to one of you:

Greetings people.

There's a good possibility that I might be moving to Dallas-Fort Worth area after New Years. Anyone there have an open room for me to rent? If so, then send me a PM please. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 07:53:49 AM by mightfo »

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 10:52:25 PM »
DG has already posted some vids of yesterday on his channel. So far he only has the matches between me and him, but I'm sure he'll have the rest up soon.

The very end of the second video has a funny moment where we both do supers and it makes the game slowdown. I'll post the rest when it is up.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 05:39:53 AM »
Haha it was definitely a showdown who will hit first. Ugh I should have use the stick instead of the ps2 controller.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 01:11:21 AM »
More vids from Saturday. This should be the rest of them. Unfortunately the footage of me vs. oldboy is absent. Hopefully DG just forgot to upload them.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 05:48:36 AM »
Hosting again saturday, same time, same place, though IIRC most of you said that next time you'll come is the weekend after kof13, but whatever~

http://shoryuken.com/2011/11/14/levelup-king-of-fighters-xiii-pre-release-stream-event/ !!!

Also, metal, ill pm you some valk info later this week. BTW you may want to link those videos instead of embed them next time, i think it lags the page a bit...

oldboy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 12:35:13 PM »
KOFXIII Benimaru corner throw combo. I already love this game.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 02:58:51 PM »
I'm afraid embedding is the dreamcancel way. But honestly I find the slowdown to be mild, even on my android.

I'm still a bit pissed about those matches that didn't get recorded. Not because I won them (though that is nice), but because they were the best I played all day. My training with DG finally seemed to be bearing fruit.

I know I said I wouldn't come this weekend, but I have gotten hungry for more competition. DG says he'll be there this weekend as well.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 03:09:37 AM »
A few things:

-I WILL PROBABLY HOST BOTH FRIDAY AND SATURDAY 25TH AND 26TH, AKA WEEKEND AFTER KOF13 IS OUT! GET HYPE

-TBF6 added kof13. $5 fee. $5 for venue, $5 for bb and kof each, so should be very reasonable! I will probably go. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/dec-10-2011-ucc-texas-bar-fights-tournament-round-vi-plano-tx.149154/
-Mixed news on KOF13 netcode. On one hand, it uses GSS, which was the netcode base for kof12. On the other, someone with decent knowledge said NGBC also uses GSS(and ngbc imo has the best non-ggpo netcode ever), and damdai(supercade guy) reportedly was hired by SNK To help with netcode. So, may be awesome.

MTMM, if you could ask darkgeese to bring a spare ps2 stick next time, that would be helpful...unless he's someone who got an early copy of kof13. :3

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:27:42 PM by mightfo »

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 03:41:09 AM »
He doesn't use sticks so I don't even know if he has one. I have a couple though so I'll bring one. Might bring my own setup as well.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 06:01:54 PM »

-TBF6 added kof13. $5 fee. $5 for venue, $5 for bb and kof each, so should be very reasonable! I will probably go. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/dec-10-2011-ucc-texas-bar-fights-tournament-round-vi-plano-tx.149154/

I'll see if I can make it to there

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2011, 07:06:48 AM »
just a heads up, metal/darkgeese: not a whole lot of attendance tomorrow it looks like, aside from you and i just 3 maybes from dustloop
 weekend of kof13 is looking good tho
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:13:45 AM by mightfo »

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2011, 05:34:51 AM »
good meetup, only had metal/darkgeese/eric but it was good

no shoutouts this time, mostly played kof2002um, but got in more really good litchi vs carl with eric
did pretty well with kof2002um vs darkgeese for a while but he switched to a large variety of characters and i got blown up especially by his zoners and also goddd pressure from nameless and others.
was good experience though, hype for kofxiii, will be much less scrubby in that hopefully
had some fun light matches with metal in bb after eric/dg left

i had to use a fucking american bat stick for kof2002um though rofl, only ps2 stick they had  but it wasnt too terrible. buttons were weird too though

still, good meetup. really hype for next week. dg will come saturday then. DAT KOF13