Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition

Started by Kane317, March 04, 2012, 02:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sibarraz

I had some faith for the best chilean player from here zeroblack, he streams all day and will go to evo

Waifu Material

Diavle

Quote from: a11111357 on May 10, 2012, 04:31:03 PM
Best kof13 player in Taiwan will go to EVO.

Name?

Looks like this EVO will be one hell of a showing for KOFXIII, SNK better send some reps to show support (I know they're broke, just one would be nice).

solidshark

Thanks for this, and all the updates a11111357. Was Taiwan on the list of represented countries at EVO '12 before, or has it just joined now?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

a11111357

Quote from: Diavle on May 10, 2012, 04:44:29 PM

Name?

Looks like this EVO will be one hell of a showing for KOFXIII, SNK better send some reps to show support (I know they're broke, just one would be nice).

Yao Ren Young
Following link is his live broadcast channel.
http://zh-tw.twitch.tv/ryo_ren0624

Quote from: solidshark on May 10, 2012, 04:48:54 PM

Thanks for this, and all the updates a11111357. Was Taiwan on the list of represented countries at EVO '12 before, or has it just joined now?
He will pay for his trip to EVO himself.

Terrastorm

So it seems that the rumors were true and KOF really is #2 in terms of entrants.

Thanks to sixfortyfive of neogaf for the picture

LouisCipher

Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Diavle

Quote from: a11111357 on May 10, 2012, 05:03:23 PM
Yao Ren Young
Following link is his live broadcast channel.
http://zh-tw.twitch.tv/ryo_ren0624

Awesome, I'll have a look through his archives. Don't think I've heard of him before.

Quote from: Terrastorm on May 10, 2012, 05:15:13 PM
So it seems that the rumors were true and KOF really is #2 in terms of entrants.

Thanks to sixfortyfive of neogaf for the picture

Remember when we thought KOFXIII would never pick up in NA and were super grateful for getting shaky cam top 4s on late night streams? Yeah, good times.

solidshark

Quote from: Diavle on May 10, 2012, 05:53:27 PM
Remember when we thought KOFXIII would never pick up in NA and were super grateful for getting shaky cam top 4s on late night streams? Yeah, good times.

Feels like yesterday, and the days are getting better. Just hope a lot of legitimacy for KOF #s doesn't come out of the T-shirts. Although, someone on NeoGaf made an interesting point for KOF at EVO:

"Man... it's like Atlus put forth a pot bonus without actually having to put forth a pot bonus. Fucking geniuses."

Really got to laugh at some people on another thread there saying they might make it to finals with all the T-shirt entrants; this sounds stupid enough to be genuinely hilarious to me.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

4leaf

who needs a pot bonus (mk9)? not only do people walk away with a free t-shirt, the prize pool also grows due to the promo. prepare for lots of dq's and ocv's in the early rounds.

Saitsuofleaves

Well we now have confirmation.  Free shirts sell EVERYTHING.  Aw yeah.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

nightmoves

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on May 10, 2012, 10:26:05 PM

Bitches love free shirts.

Killey

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on May 10, 2012, 10:26:05 PM

Not really a free t-shirt since you have to spend $10 to register for KoF.

Ugh...I hate the DQ process because judges take too long before making the call at least based on my experience with Evo2k10. I'm aiming to at least make top 64 at Evo but I want to do it legit instead of have a bunch of "byes' because people decided to fuck off once they got their t-shirt.

solidshark

Quote from: Killey on May 10, 2012, 10:42:26 PM
I'm aiming to at least make top 64 at Evo but I want to do it legit instead of have a bunch of "byes' because people decided to fuck off once they got their t-shirt.

My only hope from that is that there would be more people interested in XIII after playing it at EVO, even if just for the shirt. A far-off hope, but why not hope for the best.

Just curious too, but does anyone have a list of which countries will be represented at EVO for KOF so far?
-Terry Bogard, 1995

BioBooster

Aaaaaaw Yeeeah

But seriously, we'll see what happens. Could work out for generating more interest than is anticipated.

DarKaoZ

That shirt sucks (IMO), I doubt people are entering just for the shirt itself. lol