Author Topic: Older kof games...  (Read 2750 times)

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
Older kof games...
« on: April 21, 2013, 05:32:18 AM »
Can someone please host for older kof games? I'm afraid I'm not into xiii. I'm ready to show what I have.
Just Don't look in the trunk...

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Older kof games...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 05:40:59 AM »
You may have more luck just hosting and organizing an online KOF event on GGPO.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 07:56:42 AM »
What older KOF games are you trying to play? On what system? If it's xbox then getting people to show for an event is hard cause most of the players hate the netcode for most of the games. If you just want to get some casuals with players going there are plenty of players looking for matches on there.

GGPO is possible but the community is not asking for the matches in general.  We would probably only have a couple people show.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:57:17 AM by Mr Bakaboy »
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 05:52:22 PM »
You guys are right. I just don't have the option to play online right now. Plus I want a chance to win money or something. I want to travel around and play as well. The older KoF games I'm referring to are 98, 98UM, and maybe 2002/ 2002UM.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 06:53:57 PM »
I like 98UM and 2002UM better than XIII honestly but playing XIII has actually made me run into people that are interested in those older titles and play them as well.

Our next big major in MN (which may be at the end of the year) I will try to run a 2002UM tournament. I will also be at UFGT9, and I will bring my 360 with me if anyone wants to play myself and others in 98UM/2002UM.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 12:09:08 AM »
If I can save up some extra cash I could meet you at one of those events or something. I am terrible at 02 UM though. I would still play it.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 06:02:53 AM »
I have a friend on my xbox list that talks about tourneys in the Cincinnati area (He's across the border in Kentucky). If I can get a hold of him, I'll ask him about tourneys that have the older KOF games. He might know something. I thought I heard of talk about a arcade around you that the owner comes and goes, but when he returns sets up a huge tourney. Memory's kinda fuzzy about it cause it isn't very local for me.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 06:43:10 PM »
That would be cool because I'm close to Cincy, Northern Kentucky. Even if he can't do a tourney or whatever maybe we can play some casuals. Let me know what's up and even tell him to message me or something. I know where the arcade is but they are all about what's new and now. They play XIII but it's mostly SF4 and anime games. The thing that also sucks is that if you don't play SF or anime games people kind of ignore you and act like they are better or their games are the shit. A couple of people are cool but not all.