Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 119228 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Congrats to all the KOF players and supporters @ EVO 2013, to Reynald for taking 1st place, and to everyone who watched and supported from afar. KOF EVO hype lives on!

And to those inspired by KOF @ EVO and new to this franchise or even new to fighters in-general, welcome. Feel free to interact, ask questions, and enjoy yourselves here.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
... And, to work we go!! Prepare for more KOFXIII!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 11:36:40 PM by Great_Dark_Hero »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
amazing tourney, ridiculously hype. 2014 let's get it.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Congratulations to Reynald! Pretty sad to see Woo take second place after doing so well up until Grand Finals. Woo had a really cool playstyle that I love to watch. I hope he's back next year!

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Woo looked kind of sad before the last couple of games. He did a great job getting that far and he was absolutely good enough to win so i'm sad that he seemed to lose his composure at the end but that's life.

Grats to Reynald.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Woo's situation during GF is a good reminder of how mentality plays a large part of playing fighting games on a big stage.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Comebacks like that can happen a lot of times in tournaments, especially during grand finals. Sometimes you can get mentally fatigued with all that stress on your shoulders...grand finals is pretty much an endurance match to the end.

Overall, Evo finals was really hype. I would've liked to see how things would've turned out if more Mexican players showed (BALA, Koopa, Kula etc) but I guess we will know next time.

"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

meiji_99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Congrats to Reynald Tacsuan for winning KOFXIII at EVO2013 & all top 8 player, 3 hour full of intense & tight match :).

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Congrats to Reynald for winning EVO this year!

My favorite moment was when MadKOF lost to Reynald, therefore, Reynald's Revegeance was triggered.

Grublet

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
I started to feel bad for Woo later on. He looked like he was going to have a heart attack most of GF. Nonetheless, great job to Reynald on winning KOF for America.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
Congratulations Reynald, you were SO HUNGRY and it paid off. Your confidence never seemed to falter even among a sea of killers.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Much hype! ^.^ Kof always has the best showing at EVO.

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
This was pretty hype, but I wouldn't really call this a win for America in the sense that there is a huge gap in skill between Reynald and everyone else in the US. The US very much so need to go "back to work" as the topic suggests.

As for the grand final, as good as Reynald played, it looked like it was the pressure and the crowd that really beat Woo...he was so mentally strong in all of his other matches but the moment Reynald made that comeback in the third match when Reynald was losing 2-0, everything turned around. Definitely looked like Woo was going to get a heart attack.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
KOF XIII EVO 2013 Final results!

1. AS|Reynald (EX Kyo, Benimaru, Kim | Others)
2. Hee San Woo (Ryo, Takuma, Kim | Others)
3. CafeID|MadKOF (King, Shen, Kim | Others)
4. MCZ|Tokido (EX Iori, Mr. Karate, Kim)
5. DM|Xian (EX Iori, EX Kyo, Mr. Karate | Others)
5. CafeID|Verna (Kim, Duo Lon, Mr. Karate | Others)
7. Fox (Ryo, Mr. Karate, Chin | Others)
7. AGE|Romance (King, Yuri, Benimaru)

9. Koukou
9. TC|Chris KoF
9. TC|Yoshi
9. Ren
13. ON|Haregoro
13. ET
13. TD|Ricky Diaz
13. Mr. KoF

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
If anyone has ever deserved to be an EVO champ, it was definitely Reynald. He put in the work, he made it happen. He had a difficult uphill battle, pulling off what MadKOF did last year, and even beating him!

But I think all the players did excellently, and it just makes me more excited to see KoF again at EVO next year!