Author Topic: Final Round 19 (XIX) - March 18, 2016 - March 20, 2016  (Read 5203 times)

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
Final Round 19 (XIX) - March 18, 2016 - March 20, 2016
« on: December 02, 2015, 06:50:35 PM »

Copy & pasted

"FINAL ROUND LLC proudly presents:

FINAL ROUND 19

Date/Location:

March 18-20, 2016

Hilton Atlanta Airport
1031 Virginia Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30354
Tel: (404) 767-9000

We are back for the 19th year and we aren't stopping anytime soon! FINAL ROUND 19 will be here before you know it. Of course I personally would like to thank everyone in the FGC and the sponsors that have supported FINAL ROUND throughout the years because without you guys there wouldn't be any FINAL ROUND or scene! Online Registration for your games are up now and we are running an early bird registration special right now so get it while you can! ($30 for badge online while it's $0 at the door) We recommend you to register online as soon as possible to take advantage of the "Early Bird" special! You will receive a discount on the badge price based on the schedule below:

◦ $30 Player Badge if you register BEFORE November 30, 2015
◦ $45 Player Badge if you register BEFORE March 2, 2016
◦ $60 Player Badge Emergency Registration at the door unofficially on:

Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 5:00 PM EST to 9:00 PM EST
Friday, March 18, 2016 - 8:00 AM EST to 12:00 NOON EST for games being played on friday and reg closes at 7pm for Saturday games.

NOTE: EMERGENCY REGISTRATION IS NOT GUARANTEED - WE WILL ONLY ALLOW EMERGENCY REGISTRATION AS LONG AS THERE ARE AVAILABLE SPOTS LEFT IN THE BRACKETS - THE ONLY WAY TO GUARANTEE ENTRY TO THE EVENT IS TO REGISTER ONLINE!

$20 Spectator fee. Children under the age of 10 (accompanied with parent) unless they are competing are free to spectate and elderly are also free to spectate. We will also have a lost badge fee of $10 for those that miss place your badge during the event, but you must show PROOF OF PURCHASE to receive the lost badge fee. If you CAN NOT SHOW PROOF of purchase you will have to pay the full emergency door fee of $60 to regain entry to the event. If you are competing in ANY singles/teams/exhibition/side tournament at FR19 YOU MUST GET A PLAYERS BADGE TO COMPETE DURING FR18!

If you don't want to be in that long registration line on Friday please preregister online as soon as you can to make sure you're entered into the game you wish to compete in at FR19. We at FINAL ROUND LLC understand that sometime you don't have the entire amount ready to pay for badges and your games at the same time, so with said you can pay for your badges right now and add the games you wish to play later at a later date before online registration closes. Please preregister at the following link:

https://finalround.wufoo.com/forms/final-round-19-registration-form/

At FINAL ROUND LLC we care about our attendants and we have gotten a reduced room rate for everyone that will attend FR19. To reserve a room under the FINAL ROUND 19 group rate you would need to click on the following link and in the left top side it will say (To get started, choose a guest type) and in the box you should select "Attendee" and the dates you wish to reserve!

2 DOUBLE BEDS=$95 PER NIGHT
1 KING BED= $95 PER NIGHT
2 QUEEN BEDS EXECUTIVE FLOOR= $115 PER NIGHT
1 KING BED EXECUTIVE FLOOR= $115 PER NIGHT

Remember that they will not charge your credit card when you reserve the room online. The only time they charge you is when you arrive to check into your room! Please go to this link to reserve your room today:

https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_gi_new&groupID=53042444

If you that link doesn't work you would need to call the hotel to reserve a hotel room. if that is the case please call the hotel at 404-767-9000 and ask for the final round 19 group rate. They will not charge your card until you check in so don't miss out on getting your room today! Don't call the 1-800 number on the national website because they will not know about the FR group rate.

Here's the list of games that are on the official tournament line up:

Games: (Singles) double elimination.

Street Fighter V (PS4) - $10 (Sat)
Under Night In-Birth (PS3) - $10 (Fri)
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (WiiU) - $10 (Sat)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360) - $10 (Sat)
ULTRA Street Fighter IV: (360) - $10 (Fri)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3) - $10 (Sat)
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (PS4) - $10 (Sat)
Mortal Kombat X (PS4) - $10 (Sat)
Killer Instinct (XB1) - $10 (Fri)
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS3) - $10
Soul Calibur V (PS3) - $10
Super Smash Brothers Melee - $10

All team/Community ran events will be must held on Friday March 18 as this is the only day we have available to run them in a timely manner. All team/exhibitions/community events must get approved by ME to be ran at FR19 period! Any "Community event" will be ran by the communities that requested their game to be played at FR19. Remember that Community event doesn't mean it won't happen. If I allow it at FR then it's a tournament regardless of the label. Hence the name EVENT in the title. We would just need some help with the systems/games and you will have an area to play and run the tournament. All community events registration will be at the door only.

Team/exhibitions/community events that are confirmed as of now are as followed:

SFV teams 3v3
MKX teams 3v3
UMVC3 teams 3v3
GGXrd teams 3v3
TTT2 teams 3v3
Smash 4 Doubles
Melee doubles
KOF13
BB
Melty
P4U2

We will have a BYOC room for people to play casuals during the event that spectators can play also. If you've been to FR you know we always have an arcade for everyone to enjoy as it helps remind our younger generation where this scene came from! With that being said we want to bring back the old school arcade tournament at FR19. Just like the old school arcade scene you will have to register for your game at the event, but you can take advantage of the early bird online pay for your badges.

BAS has registered for FR19 and he wants to run a CVS2 community event at FR19. I told him that's a cool idea, but it would have to be on friday since I DO NOT WANT CVS2 matches to delay any SFV or Umvc3 singles pools on Saturday! I wanted to expand that idea to other favorites in the arcade back in the day. I know everyone runs side arcade events, but do THEY STREAM those arcade events? NOPE, but at FR19 we will stream them thanks to Arturo Sanchez aka nycfurby! You can view the old school goodness on his stream page at

Twitch.tv/nycfurby

Here's the line up:

Street Fighter 2 Super Turbo - on h2h Japanese cabinets (Sat)
Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike - on h2h Japanese cabinets (Sat)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - on h2h japanese cabinets (Fri)
Capcom VS SNK 2 - Japanese cab (Fri)
UMK3- Shock usually brings his supergun/emulator so he would be streaming that game. (Sun)

Please contact me if you have a cvs2, 3s, A2, ST board as we would need at least 3-4 to make sure things runs smoothly.

I really don't want people to forget the origins of the FGC, so having some type of link to the past is important to me and the arcade is where this community came from. Spectators can play casuals in the arcade but not during tournament time .

We will have multiple streams for FR19 for those that can not attend the event to get a small taste of the event. We are glad to have the following streamers for FR19:

Stream #1= Team Spooky - http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
FunkyP - http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp
Kombatnetwork - http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork
SmashStudios - http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios
Arcade room and Salty Auditorium = twitch.tv/nycfurby

During the day we will have an anime movie room in the Salty auditorium during the day playing movies all day until the salty auditorium opens for late night game action! I don't think anyone has had a movie room at their FGC event, so please don't bite my swag guys! We will have a map of the event area coming out soon so you can know where everything is at during this action pack weekend!

This is just the tip of the iceberg as we will have more updates as the months pass by so keep your eyes open for the goodies in future post! For those that was wondering about the cos-play contest we are working on the details to make the cosplay event better than last year. Man how times flies when you're having fun! I can't wait to see everyone and again and hopefully meet some new players in the FGC at FR19. It's on now shawty! See you guys in March."

For those curious I will be running The King of Fighters XIII on Friday (18Mar2016) @ 12PM & will be ran on PS3. IF by someway I cannot attend the event then I will have a substitute for that. Double Elimination, 2\3 sets until Top 3 which will be 3/5. If you have any questions related to KOFXIII, don't hesitate to ask me as I will more than likely have the answer for you and if I don't then I will seek out a source that will, See y'all there. Also you can register for the tournament with the link provided under on here.
NOTE: There HAS to be a minimal of 8 players showing interest for this to be ran, otherwise we will use this time slot to do other things with the schedule so spread the word. If anyone has any KOFXIII related questions, present them here or on the facebook event page.

Final Round 19 KOFXIII Tournament spreadsheet

Copy & pasted from ShinBlanka:
"As the dates get closer I might have more to announce. I can not wait as there's only 2 MONTHS UNTIL THE HYPEST TOUNAMENT ON EURF IS UPON US! Please go to www.finalround.org to pre register today. Also we will have an anime movie room all weekend playing popular series/movies of what people want to see while waiting for pools or are finished with pools. Please don't steal my swag on the movie room guys. Just your own ish! Please share this this if your attending FR19."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:22:20 PM by Malik »
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
Re: Final Round 19 (XIX) - March 18, 2016 - March 20, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 07:48:54 PM »
UPDATED OP
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

takgillo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Final Round 19 (XIX) - March 18, 2016 - March 20, 2016
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 02:10:54 AM »
This may be unrelated to the OP but do you know any local for kof14 in ATL?