Author Topic: KOF 2002UM - Hinako Shijou  (Read 17429 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
KOF 2002UM - Hinako Shijou
« on: December 27, 2010, 09:42:18 PM »
Throws:
Tasuki Nage - close, ;bk / ;fd + ;c
Uwate Swimming - close, ;bk / ;fd + ;d

Command Moves:
Harite Sendai - ;fd + ;a , ;a
Harite Nishiki - ;fd + ;a , ;c
Tsuppari - ;fd + ;b,  ;b
Nodowa - ;df + ;c , ;d
Maemitsu Tataki - ;df + ;a
Kakeguri - ;df + ;d

Special Moves:
Tsukidashi - ;qcf + ;a / ;c
Tsuki Otoshi - ;qcb + ;a / ;c
Kote Nage - close, ;hcf + ;b / ;d
Kake Nage - close, ;hcb, ;fd + ;b / ;d
Yorigiri - close, ;dp + ;b / ;d
Shiko Toumi - ;dn ;dn + ;b / ;d
Gorin Tsuki - ;qcb + ;b / ;d

Desperation Move:
Gasshou Hiner - ;hcf x 2 + ;b / ;d

Super Desperation Move:
Gasshou Hiner - ;hcf x 2 + ;b + ;d

HSDM:
Daisharin Nodowa Otoshi - ;hcb x 2 + ;a + ;c
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:21:06 PM by desmond_kof »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: KOF 2002UM - Hinako Shijou
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 03:35:12 AM »
She's one of my favorite characters that I like messing around with. She's really strong and can whip out a ton of damage. I found a couple of cool combos that I will add to this post (and the wiki) in the future.

combos:

0 level

-cr.b, cr.a, df+A, hcf + B/D [5 hits]
-cr.b, cr.a, df+A, qcb + B [5 hits]
-cr.b, cr.a, df+A [1 hit], qcb + A/C, down, down + B/D [6 hits]
-cr.b, cr.a, df+A, hcb, f + B/D [4 hits]
-cr.b, cr.a, df+A, hcf + A/C [8 hits/10 hits]

-cr.b x 3, cr. a, df+A, hcf + B/D [7 hit] *the 3 cr. b's must be done pretty quick, you can substitute a 1 hitting df+A if you like
-cr.b x 3, cr. a, df+A [1 hit], hcf + A/C [9 hits/11 hits]
-cr.b x 3, cr. a, df+A [1 hit], qcb + A/C, down, down + B/D [8 hits]
-cr.b x 3, cr. a, df+A [1 hit], qcb + B [6 hits]

-st.b, hcb, f + B/D
-st.b, hcf + B/D [2 hits]
-st.b, df+D, hcf + B/D [3 hits]
-st.b, df+D, qcb + D, down, down, + D [4 hits]
-st.b, df+A [2 hit], hcf + B/D [3 hits]
-st.b, df+A [1 hit], qcb + A/C, down, down + D [5 hits]
-st.b, df+A [1 hit], qcb + B [3 hits]
-st.b, df+A [2 hits], qcf + A [7 hits]
-st.b, df+A [2 hits], qcf + C [9 hits]
More soon...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:57:40 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 08:44:04 PM »
I started messing with Hinako a day ago, and I'm definitely a fan of the mixup potential she has. I didn't like her initially though. I think its because of her jumps being so low, and she's not physically a big character, like Chang or Maxima.

What are the general grab setups to look out for? I've only played 1 Hinako player (Rogueyoshi), and I was so concerned about the pokes in general, since I wasn't used to fighting her, and to a degree I'm still not as used to her style, but I feel I can manage to "outpoke" her with Joe and Billy...

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 09:06:54 PM »
Watch out for her dp + K, it has invincible startup but the actually throw itself takes a while to connect, so if she has you in the corner and you see it, jump.

Her hcf + K is a blockable throw but its fairly quick, and it can combo out of her st. B or df + A.

Also, she has a stomp which can hit you while you are teching if you set it up correctly.

If you can outpoke her, do that because she doesn't really have anything to answer against except for a nicely timed qcb + A/C which has a LITTLE autoguard.

I started adding her combos on the wiki, I will finished it up and continue soon. I will also start explain the properties of her moves too. http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hinako_Shijou_(2k2UM)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:08:59 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 09:30:40 PM »
Word up!!! I think I might actually be able to out range her with Xiangfei also, even though her options are limited.

I'm liking that Nodowa ( ;df + ;c , ;d ) primarily because its a high / low mixup that can be canceled.

I'm starting to think she has better mixup options than most of the grapplers though, although her range is limited when compared to Maxima or Daimon.

Alucard DX

• Rising Dragon
  • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 10:07:35 PM »
Did you guys know that Hinako comand grab dp kick grabs Omega Rugal DP?

Hinako is a beast i like to use her she is very cute and deadly.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:46:40 PM »

I'm liking that Nodowa ( ;df + ;c , ;d ) primarily because its a high / low mixup that can be canceled.

Yeah, you can also cancel that D back into ;df + ;c , ;d too, then use that as a blockstring loop. The only way they can get out of that if they cd guard attack or guard roll.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 02:26:13 AM »

Yeah, you can also cancel that D back into ;df + ;c , ;d too, then use that as a blockstring loop. The only way they can get out of that if they cd guard attack or guard roll.

Oh snap!!! Didn't know that, I'll probably try some stuff from that loop and see what she can do...

Did you guys know that Hinako comand grab dp kick grabs Omega Rugal DP?

Hinako is a beast i like to use her she is very cute and deadly.

I wonder what else that move beats out...

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 10:21:40 AM »
I made these when the game first came out. I would like to redo a hinako Vs combo tut like the other characters i did but havent gotten around to it (lazy). The below may be of some help

Various Hinako 2k2um Combos

Hinako 2k2um Stomp Tactics (READ DESCRIPTION)

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 09:37:27 AM »

If you can outpoke her, do that because she doesn't really have anything to answer against except for a nicely timed qcb + A/C which has a LITTLE autoguard.

Sorry, have to greatly disagree with this...you almost don't want to be sticking out pokes in neutral against her because her qcb+K has ridiculous invincibility...it's similar to Whip's stand CD in OG kof2k2 except more range (on the D version).

On the opponent's wakeup, it will also beat many many reversal moves, you almost never want to be doing reversals on wakeup.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 06:10:11 PM »

Sorry, have to greatly disagree with this...you almost don't want to be sticking out pokes in neutral against her because her qcb+K has ridiculous invincibility...it's similar to Whip's stand CD in OG kof2k2 except more range (on the D version).

On the opponent's wakeup, it will also beat many many reversal moves, you almost never want to be doing reversals on wakeup.

Can she use that to get out of pressure easily?

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 06:15:05 PM »
Upclose pressure, no...it has some startup before the invincibility starts. Though similarly you can't use Whip stand CD to get out of pressure either. But in neutral if you're sticking out pokes, there's a high chance you will get counterhit with Hinako's qcb+D, which will lead to wallbounce.

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 04:43:18 PM »
A few things missing here...

crouch C has big invincibility frames (probably having no hurtbox at all on a number of frames). While it's pretty slow to anti-air, the purpose is to go right through some jump attacks or even ground attacks. It can really catch some people off guard and if it connects after they land, you can cancel to f+Bx2 for a full combo.

crouch C also moves Hinako forward a good distance...very useful as a kara cancel into some moves. First, whiff cancel crouch C into dp+K gives her a command grab with good range. You can also kara cancel into her qcb+D to make it go even further.

df+C is a decent pre-emptive anti-air and if it hits, you can combo jump CD.

the block string crouch C, into (df+C, D)xN seems to be an infinite blockstring (or very close to it) that is very hard to reversal through. It doesn't do much guardcrush damage but the meter gain is pretty big...if they get hit by the D followup(that hits low), you can do the stomp combo that will hit them if they tech.

Hinako is very hard to alternate guard because she has many dangerous low frame traps. Makes her grabs more useful. Like you can be pretty creative and do something like close C, (df+C, D)xN, f+Bx2(overhead) or just command grab or even qcb+B for additional frametrap that will also eat many reversals.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 04:51:31 PM by Emil_kof »

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 04:56:00 AM »
So this girl Hinako. She's got frametraps, mixups that lead to 20-45% combos and oki, and a cmd grab that takes you straight to the corner. She's got all these options, but you better learn to block well and have a neutral plan. Her only decent ranged pokes are  ;dn ;b , St. ;b , and  ;dn ;d , and they can be cancelled into her command normals, which can be safe on block. She doesn't have a lot of options to fend herself from people jumping in at her. Her delayed grab is ok, and the other defensive options people have put on the thread, but they're still situational tools.

Her  ;df ;a and  ;fd ;b give big advantage, leading to possible throw/low mixups, frame traps, or pressure.
You should experiment to work and see what kind of setups and traps you can do. They're almost unlimited!

Oh yeah, and her Dnx2 + K hits low.

Her Cmd. grab has decent range, but what's weird about it is that it has a blue spark instead of the regular spark other command grabs have, kinda weird.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:01:58 AM by EXWildWolf »

lfrd

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 05:50:55 AM »
On the ps2 tougeki version Hinako's DM and SDM does not work if she is too close against a standing Choi (except at corner) but will connect if the latter is crouching. I'm not sure if these were fixed on the xbla/steam version.