Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 2568 times)

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Hello everyone
« on: February 12, 2011, 07:33:32 PM »
Hi, I'm Persona. Introduction, hmm... I used to be a competitive KOF player back in the days but started to get bored after 2002 since everyone only plays 98 so I stopped playing KOF altogether until I gave XIII a chance and found out that it has sparked my interest in KOF again!

Decided to join the forum because there's a lot of gameplay talk over here. :)

Sadly everyone in my country only plays SSFIV AE and KOF 98 so I'm not too sure how long I can last playing KOF XIII but I'm really hoping the online will be good.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:35:06 PM by Persona »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 09:55:27 PM »
Hey it's Persona!  Welcome over here, I see you posting all the time in other forums.  How are you liking XIII?

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 11:13:05 PM »
Bout time Bear!!!

Now start adding your gameplay info since this a good place to do it.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 06:40:10 AM »
Persona the combo maker?  I saw some of yor videos, awesome stuff  ;)
And welcome to DC.

krazykone123

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 04:24:19 PM »
Hey it's Persona, do you still want that Castlevania sig you were asking for? I can try to make you one even though I'm a almost a year late heh.

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 04:40:56 PM »
Kane317: Hmm yeah I usually hang out at other forums but I usually just talk about general gaming since I stopped playing KOF and didn't really know what to talk about regarding KOF anymore. I just stay at those places since I have friends there when I was still playing KOF so it was more of a friends thing than a KOF thing. But since I have most of them on some kind of instant messenger, I felt it was time I moved on.

As for XIII, the odd thing was that they put the game all the way at the back of the arcade while they kept Tekken 6:BR and SSFIV AE at the front so XIII didn't interest me much until I saw quite a lot of people playing so I gave it a shot and it was fun! Wanted to try characters I wasn't so familiar with (mainly any character after 2002) but decided to stick to characters I was more familiar with like K' and Mature since I didn't want to wait for about 15 minutes just to play again if I lost. I guess the main reason I like XIII is because it didn't have any recycling (unless you count XII) yet still played like a KOF game. I got tired of the past games because there was a lot of recycling and it didn't really feel like a new experience anymore. Execution in the game seems much easier. Not sure what characters I'll be using in the end but yeah, I'm liking XIII. :)

Dark Chaotix: I have A LOT of catching up to do so I don't think I'll be posting any info any time soon lol. But I did think up of a few mind games for some characters but I'll have to try it out first to see how effective it'll be. So yeah, I'll be reading much more than typing for now. :)

Delta: Ah yes, I make combo videos, mainly because after I stopped playing KOF, I didn't want to quit entirely so I went for the combo approach since I can do it at home without the need to go out to an arcade. A rather surprising thing about me is that I was never a combo person when it came to matches. I stuck to the basics (light attacks into supers and relied more on mind games) while my friends were the more hardcore combo players. :)

And glad you enjoyed my videos. :)

krazykone123: Ah sure. Do you have any ideas in mind for the sig? :)

Dark Geese

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 08:51:04 PM »
Good to see you here Persona it's been a long time!

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 10:29:59 PM »
Dark Geese: Yeah it's been a long time lol. Sadly I haven't touched KOF in about 8 years so other than past experiences, it seems I'll have to be starting from scratch again. But I guess practicing and working towards the goal is what makes everything fun and worthwhile. :)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 05:38:08 PM »
Welcome.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof