Author Topic: In wake of GGPOs death...  (Read 5557 times)

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
  • I want GEESE in KOF XIII!
    • View Profile
In wake of GGPOs death...
« on: May 04, 2011, 12:03:36 AM »
I've finally figured out how to get Supercade installed and working. I must say, it sure seems like the Supercade community and offerings are a lot more involved than that of GGPO.

GGPO apparently has an ace over Supercade...SF III:3S is actually playable on GGPO from what I been hearing from complaints about SC.

Anyway, I like the wider selection of games that SC supports and was hoping to find some KOF 95 opponents to test out SC for a few matches sometime.

Also would like to FINALLY learn to play some RB2 with someone because info and FAQS on the game is so scarce and very few people play it these days!

You down?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:08:09 AM by FameDouglas »

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: In wake of GGPOs death...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 06:38:16 AM »
Might be up for that. Hopefully setting up Supercade won't be as difficult as with GGPO. But also till then, I'll be on ArcLive a lot with different SNK games. Hope the online players can still keep things up between SC and AL.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 07:15:04 AM »
GGPO is dead?

OHH Lord JESUS!

*faints*

Hit up steamwolf if you wanna join in the RB2 battles. :)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 02:15:22 AM »
Thanks Demond.

Might be up for that. Hopefully setting up Supercade won't be as difficult as with GGPO. But also till then, I'll be on ArcLive a lot with different SNK games. Hope the online players can still keep things up between SC and AL.

Supercade IS harder to setup than GGPO but it appears to use the same ROMS as GGPO. That's one less thing to worry about at least. From what I've seen so far on SC, the interface, community and features are so much more evolved than GGPO. It almost feels like being on PSN/XBL or something like that. As far a connectivity, SC has issues with input lag on Capcom games. KOF 95 (my all time fave KOF) ran pretty good. Still not quite like offline but then again...what IS when it comes to fighting games?

DeadlyRave-Neo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 04:08:00 AM »
well i would get on supercade but i keep getting this   

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
   Windows          : 6.1.7600.0 (Win32NT)
   Common Language Runtime    : 4.0.30319.225
   System.Deployment.dll       : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
   clr.dll          : 4.0.30319.225 (RTMGDR.030319-2200)
   dfdll.dll          : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
   dfshim.dll          : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
   Deployment url         : http://damdai.com/Supercade/client/SupercadeClient.application

ERROR SUMMARY
   Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
   * Activation of http://damdai.com/Supercade/client/SupercadeClient.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + Error creating the Web Proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration section.
      + The system proxy settings contain an invalid proxy server setting: 'http://:0'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
   No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
   There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
   * [5/4/2011 10:04:45 PM] : Activation of http://damdai.com/Supercade/client/SupercadeClient.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
   Following errors were detected during this operation.
   * [5/4/2011 10:04:47 PM] System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
      - Error creating the Web Proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration section.
      - Source: System
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Net.Configuration.DefaultProxySectionInternal.GetSection()
         at System.Net.WebRequest.get_InternalDefaultWebProxy()
         at System.Net.HttpWebRequest..ctor(Uri uri, ServicePoint servicePoint)
         at System.Net.HttpRequestCreator.Create(Uri Uri)
         at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(Uri requestUri, Boolean useUriBase)
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
         at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
      --- Inner Exception ---
      System.FormatException
      - The system proxy settings contain an invalid proxy server setting: 'http://:0'.
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Net.WebProxyDataBuilder.ParseProxyUri(String proxyString)
         at System.Net.WebProxyDataBuilder.SetProxyAndBypassList(String addressString, String bypassListString)
         at System.Net.WinHttpWebProxyBuilder.BuildInternal()
         at System.Net.WebProxy.UnsafeUpdateFromRegistry()
         at System.Net.Configuration.DefaultProxySectionInternal..ctor(DefaultProxySection section)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
   No transaction information is available.

friends dont let friends use bosses

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 04:22:47 AM »
Thanks Demond.

Supercade IS harder to setup than GGPO but it appears to use the same ROMS as GGPO. That's one less thing to worry about at least. From what I've seen so far on SC, the interface, community and features are so much more evolved than GGPO. It almost feels like being on PSN/XBL or something like that. As far a connectivity, SC has issues with input lag on Capcom games. KOF 95 (my all time fave KOF) ran pretty good. Still not quite like offline but then again...what IS when it comes to fighting games?

As it happens, after the utter difficulty of setting up GGPO for me, Supercade was less than 15 minutes to setup. Might see you all on SC soon.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 04:56:31 AM »
I have way less input lag on supercade than on ggpo. I tried them both hooked up to my lan and SC won me over.
Just Don't look in the trunk...

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 08:00:42 AM »
well i would get on supercade but i keep getting this   

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
   Windows          : 6.1.7600.0 (Win32NT)
   Common Language Runtime    : 4.0.30319.225
   System.Deployment.dll       : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
   clr.dll          : 4.0.30319.225 (RTMGDR.030319-2200)
   dfdll.dll          : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
   dfshim.dll          : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
   Deployment url         : http://damdai.com/Supercade/client/SupercadeClient.application

ERROR SUMMARY
   Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
   * Activation of http://damdai.com/Supercade/client/SupercadeClient.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + Error creating the Web Proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration section.
      + The system proxy settings contain an invalid proxy server setting: 'http://:0'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
   No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
   There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
   * [5/4/2011 10:04:45 PM] : Activation of http://damdai.com/Supercade/client/SupercadeClient.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
   Following errors were detected during this operation.
   * [5/4/2011 10:04:47 PM] System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
      - Error creating the Web Proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration section.
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Net.WebRequest.get_InternalDefaultWebProxy()
         at System.Net.HttpWebRequest..ctor(Uri uri, ServicePoint servicePoint)
         at System.Net.HttpRequestCreator.Create(Uri Uri)
         at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(Uri requestUri, Boolean useUriBase)
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
         at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
      --- Inner Exception ---
      System.FormatException
      - The system proxy settings contain an invalid proxy server setting: 'http://:0'.
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Net.WebProxyDataBuilder.ParseProxyUri(String proxyString)
         at System.Net.WebProxyDataBuilder.SetProxyAndBypassList(String addressString, String bypassListString)
         at System.Net.WinHttpWebProxyBuilder.BuildInternal()
         at System.Net.WebProxy.UnsafeUpdateFromRegistry()
         at System.Net.Configuration.DefaultProxySectionInternal..ctor(DefaultProxySection section)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
   No transaction information is available.

Thanks for posting everything. Based on what I see, it sounds like an issue with NT Frameworks. I'd see about uninstalling it and reinstalling the newest version (Which would be 4). I'll ask a friend of mine whose more tech savvy than me, and see what his answer is.

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 06:40:56 PM »
Yeah, it need .NET Framework 4 to run. Do a google search for it. You should be able to find a Microsoft link that takes you straight to in the search results.

Feez

• New Challenger
  • feezy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 08:29:31 PM »
I dislike both nFBA and Supercade compared to GGPO. Supercade is actually pretty good though if the person I'm playing isn't too far away. For example, WC<->EC for me hasn't been too good. I'm still down for games though, just hit me up on the IRC channel.
they don't think it be like it is, but it do

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 11:49:33 PM »
Supercade is pretty good for other games, but for 3rd Strike it's terrible.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 03:15:33 AM »
GGPO is back. Real Bout 2 and others (mostly beat 'em ups but also including Matrimelee and DoDonPachi) have been added in the savestate folder. When we will be able to play them? No ETA.

I donate $20 as a thank you... and also to get Kizuna Encounter on there.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.