Author Topic: Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 General Discussion  (Read 33615 times)

Cronopio

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 11:53:58 PM »
Experimenting a bit I've found taunt cancelling to be interesting... taunts are instant and they give one invencibility frame when you cancel them, and tehy can be cancelled instantly. If you move the stick to the left, down or right you'll go directly into a C attack, and you'll still get the invincibility frame. Even better, if you do that close to the opponent you'll get a throw.

I wonder if you can use this to do a ghetto trip guard or other stuff, anyone here with macro knowledge willing to test it?

Oh, and people are wrong about this game being a turtlefest at higher levels... maybe getting beat a lot by Kroyal may make you think that lol, but in fact two of the best 3 characters are extremely aggressive (Chonshu, Rick). Also tick throws may not be good but there are some beastly kara throws (Duck, Geese), Bob can outright kill you out of his throw, etc.

ABs can be countered by simply doing an attack that hits low. You don't even need to use a crouching attack, stuff like Rick's j.C can beat even the best ABs (Duck). I'll post more stuff later.

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 11:48:25 AM »
I don't see how it would be useful if not even the Japanese players use taunt cancels. I can probably test it out on the macro emu I use.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 02:49:56 AM »
Also, alfred isn't playable in the Neo Geo right?
No but he's playable if you can debug it. Easier on an emulator though. Just turn dipswitch 8 on, hold BC on player menu and press either A or D (works on any character).

Biggest factors why Alfred easily beats the game though is not only does he have really good attacks, the AI becomes really stupid when fighting him. Kim would just keep dashing and taunting for example, even on highest difficulty.

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 04:10:14 AM »
Also, alfred isn't playable in the Neo Geo right?
No but he's playable if you can debug it. Easier on an emulator though. Just turn dipswitch 8 on, hold BC on player menu and press either A or D (works on any character).

Biggest factors why Alfred easily beats the game though is not only does he have really good attacks, the AI becomes really stupid when fighting him. Kim would just keep dashing and taunting for example, even on highest difficulty.

Oh wow. Well, does anyone play this on Supercade or Arclive?

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 06:20:50 AM »
I would love to play it SUPERCADE

Waifu Material

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 08:48:52 AM »
I would love to play it SUPERCADE

When are you usually on?

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 08:53:29 PM »
I don't know, pm or add me to msn, I never connect to an specific hour, just when somebody ask me to play

Waifu Material

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 05:57:12 AM »
Well, I finally played against AM2, fun matches considering that was his first time against a human and that I hadn't touched the game in some months

Waifu Material

DeadlyRave-Neo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 06:03:27 AM »
im on arclive supercade dont work for me nomore
friends dont let friends use bosses

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 09:29:12 PM »
dope av neo.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2010, 02:16:46 AM »
I feel like trying to do write ups for RB2 characters, namely Joe and Andy. This is mainly because there really isn't much discussion on the Garou Densetsu series, or SNK in general unfortunately. Should I do it? Also, I won't be really up for supercade matches until at least January.  Neo, how did you get arclive to work? I was only able to barely connect for a match of KOF '95. Anyone up for some KOF '95 sometime?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2010, 03:26:32 AM »
Steamwolf is working on an in-depth RB2 section and wiki. If you're wanting to do some write ups, you should coordinate with him.

Do you guys only play online on Supercade?

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2010, 05:43:45 AM »
I've made decent progress, but character write ups would be extremely helpful to me right now. I of course intend to work on Terry myself as well as Krauser. Was also wanting to do Andy, Joe, Kim, Mai, Mary and Tung but I'm not opposed to any help xD

I also play over any available source. GGPO, Supercade, Arclive, PSN, XBL, etc so if anyone wants to play me I'll probably be around tonight for that.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2010, 07:40:48 AM »
Steamwolf is working on an in-depth RB2 section and wiki. If you're wanting to do some write ups, you should coordinate with him.

Do you guys only play online on Supercade?

yep

From experience arclive sucks more

Waifu Material

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 09:17:45 AM »
Anyone here know of any sites that have general Fatal Fury match videos? I'll try Nico Douga, and repost what I can find on youtube. Also thinking of doing BnB combo videos. Will start write up on Joe and Andy soon. may do the rest of the cast and do general gameplay demonstration videos, I wish more people knew about RB2.