Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

New player from South Florida!

Started by Gigantor, September 13, 2011, 08:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gigantor

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to KOF.  I'm looking to learn and not be a scrub anymore  :) .  I've tried playing 2k2 on GGPO to learn....it's not going well though. 

I've watched the tutorial on youtube several times and have been able to practice combos and such on the dreamcast version, but during actual play it's like nothing makes sense and I have no real control. 

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to XIII on console (360) and getting some good matches.

baccano1932

hello and welcome to dream cancel Gigantor it's a pleasure to meet you, and don't worry about being new to the series and i'm sure you'll get a handle on things soon enough and there a lot of knowledgeable people here that i'm sure you'll learn from.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Gigantor

MDK

Do you ever play with option-select peeps at the one LAN center?
"You didn't beat me; v-13 beat me." - nu hater
"Weapon X! It's your only hope!" - some dude circa evo2k4

Gigantor

Zero Ping, I think it was. No, I haven't been there.  I'm not too far from there though.  I was in touch with one of the guys that used to go there back when I started playing SF4.  I just wasn't If they start playing XIII over there, I'll be more inclined to go.  Have you been there dopenhagen?

Mr.KOF

Quote from: Gigantor on September 13, 2011, 08:32:25 AM
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to KOF.  I'm looking to learn and not be a scrub anymore  :) .  I've tried playing 2k2 on GGPO to learn....it's not going well though. 

I've watched the tutorial on youtube several times and have been able to practice combos and such on the dreamcast version, but during actual play it's like nothing makes sense and I have no real control. 

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to XIII on console (360) and getting some good matches.

WELCOME TO DC! It's okay to feel powerless against an opponent with a higher level. I'd recommend you playing a person at a good level that way he can show you what's possible in the game including combos and certain setups that he put you in the first place. Or you can just work on your game at home playing the computer first and bring your A game later  :)

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

omegaryuji

Welcome to DC :)

Like Mr.KOF said (and he's a pretty good person to take advise from ;) ), don't worry about not being awesome right out of the gate.  Things will be daunting and overwhelming at first.  You'll probably take many beatings from better players.  Stick with it, force yourself to think while you're playing, keep on learning, and you'll get better over time :)
Old man/bad player

Kane317

Gigantor: Welcome to DC.  Don't worry about it man, we've all been there before and you gotta start somewhere.

Gigantor

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I look forward to getting better at this game and playing some good matches.

Mr. Kof - I've seen some of your matches on youtube!  Good stuff.  I use them as a reference on how to play Terry.

MDK

Quote from: Gigantor on September 13, 2011, 09:20:42 AM
Zero Ping, I think it was. No, I haven't been there.  I'm not too far from there though.  I was in touch with one of the guys that used to go there back when I started playing SF4.  I just wasn't If they start playing XIII over there, I'll be more inclined to go.  Have you been there dopenhagen?

Haha I'm actually in California, but the OS stream is probably my favorite. As for them playing kof, maybe you can hype it up uhhhhh when it comes out for console.
"You didn't beat me; v-13 beat me." - nu hater
"Weapon X! It's your only hope!" - some dude circa evo2k4