Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

Godhand

Started by LouisCipher, October 07, 2011, 06:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisCipher

I found out it was on PSN and gave it a second chance. It was one of those games that seemed so awesome that it alone would be the reason to buy a PS2. I never did though, I'm mostly a PC gamer. When I got my PS2 emulator going Godhand was one of the first games I tried to get going, and I had two things going against me: The FPS dropping to about 15-20 at complete random, and the brutal difficulty.

Playing it again I'm reminded of the difficulty. On normal difficulty it's brutal, what's more is that after you beat a level you're health is not restored in the next level (unless I'm totally wrong and I missed something). Gameplay-wise it's fun, and I recommend playing it on Easy just because you get access to a lot more techniques early on and it's more fun to experiment.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

The Fluke

Easy? No.. Just not acceptable. I may try it if it becomes available in europe, though i do not know what kind of a game it is i actually recall people talking about it years back and i want to recall them saying that it was good.

Xxenace

Quote from: The Fluke on October 08, 2011, 09:06:01 AM
Easy? No.. Just not acceptable. I may try it if it becomes available in europe, though i do not know what kind of a game it is i actually recall people talking about it years back and i want to recall them saying that it was good.
its a beat um up

Delta

I played it back in the day, and i didn't like it for some reason.

But after everybody saying the game is awesome and after watching some videos being played by good players, i say i might give it a second try.

LouisCipher

The controls are perfect for combat, not so much for navigation but the developers didn't put a lot of emphasis on that.

I've been fucking around, after reading online the best layout for your controls is to put the quick attacks on Square, and the heavy hitters (like that drop kick) assigned to the other buttons. So far I've found a layout that works and performing the combos are fun as hell and make you feel like Desk.

Plus, how can you not like a game where this happens?

God Hand spanking
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Rex Dart

GodHand is the greatest beat-em-up ever made. Honestly, I think it's Capcom's best game from last generation and YES I MEAN THAT. Better than DMC3, RE4 and Viewtiful Joe. Yeah, it really is that good.

@LouisCipher: Your health gets restored between levels, but not between areas. (Each level is broken up into several areas.)

The difficulty changes on the fly depending on how well you're doing. Lvl 1 is the easiest, so if you die a lot you'll be on Lvl 1 most of the time anyway. If you're really, really good, you'll advance to Lvl Die. Which is where mortal players die a lot.

If you choose "Easy" in the beginning, you'll only have access to Lvls 1-2. No matter how good you get, you'll never reach levels 3 or Die. Normal, obviously has access to Lvls 1-Die. And Hard mode is permanently on Lvl Die.

So I suggest sticking with Normal Difficulty. If you die a lot (which is normal, by the way) you'll be on Lvls 1 and 2 anyway. Which is the same as playing on Easy anyway. And this way, when you get better at the game you may be able to get up to Lvls 3, or even Die. It'll be good practice!

EDIT: Had to share this:

Best review ever.

Delta

After watching some videos today (the spanking, the Midget Power Rangers, the Poke of God,etc) i think this game has some funny moments. So i just bought it and it's just downloading. I hope to see more of the PS2 games i missed due to not having a PS2.

GenesisDC

God Hand is one of the best games ever in my opinion, and one of the few games to actually get me to laugh out loud without making fun of it. I love this game, and hopefully they make a sequel.

Sir_Selah

PSN - Sir_Selah (KoF '95 and XIII).

Batman fights the Riddler while I play unfitting music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw4sRegYagA

Supreme Warrior

I Gotta say Godhand is prolly the most unique Beat em up I have ever played, the Games Hilarious, The Character Detail is well done for a PS2 Title, and the difficulty is so high you will be ripping your hair out trying to beat most enemies.

all in all, this gets a 10 from me .