Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

King Of Fighters Comics

Started by Running Wild, November 21, 2011, 10:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Running Wild

This was the only site I could find with some English translated KOF comics, and most of them are incomplete - http://www.mangafox.com/manga/king_of_fighters/

Some of them are lulzy.

KOF Kyo IMO is the best one.

I know the 2k3 comic had an official english release through DrMaster years ago, but I can't find it. There was an SvC Chaos comic too.

There's also comics for the Real Bout Fatal Fury series which are pretty awesome Garou:MOTW, Buriki One... there's alot of them. It's nuts.

Here's a snippet from the Buriki One comic of Robert's radical transformation -

Mr Bakaboy

KOF Maximum Impact was also released in the U.S.. IMO KOF 2k and 2k1 were the best comics story wise. They are hit and miss though.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Running Wild

KOF2k is ridiculous.

Friggin K' is so OP, takes out the entire Psycho Soldier team without breaking a sweat.

Although Maxima's backstory was a nice touch, his fight with Ryo was crazy. Too bad they haven't gone beyond Robert and Vanessa.

Mr Bakaboy

My favorites was Kyo and Iori in the Arcade and Terry's phantom Power Geyser. 2k1 watching Kyo turn evil (sort of) was fun to watch. That and it seemed like any character could lose at any time (well.... maybe not K' =P)

solidshark

I remember most of those comics like 2K and Zillion, especially when KOFonline.com was constantly translating things.

Though it's not specifically KOF, SVC Chaos had the best comic I've ever seen released based off of fighting games. If only the game could follow a story like that, minus a few elements.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Running Wild

All I remember from the SvC Chaos comic is Terry, Chun Li and Kim teaming up to fight Shiki, Kim grabs Shiki from behind while Terry and Chun Li charge at her to attack, Shiki teleports, and Kim is torn to shreds by Terry and Chun Li lol. Both weep and kill Shiki in rage.

What a way for my favorite SNK female to go.

Delta

I think if you are a fan of any character who is not Kyo, Iori and K', you will FFFFFFFFFUUUU- when reading most of these comics.

Running Wild

Yeah, seriously, they love to dickride K' and make him look invincible. If I recall right, in the 2003 comic he battled Adelheid and Mukai and got some wtf power-up in the process.

solidshark

Quote from: Running Wild on November 22, 2011, 12:28:41 AM
All I remember from the SvC Chaos comic is Terry, Chun Li and Kim teaming up to fight Shiki, Kim grabs Shiki from behind while Terry and Chun Li charge at her to attack, Shiki teleports, and Kim is torn to shreds by Terry and Chun Li lol. Both weep and kill Shiki in rage.

What a way for my favorite SNK female to go.

If you haven`t seen it, check out the Vega vs Choi, and then Sagat vs Ryu, and then Terry.

I haven`t been that satisfied with watching a fight in a comic book since then.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Running Wild

I am gonna go lurk for some scans.

Didn't Guile fight Geese?

Delta

I saw a scan of Geese riding a Mammoth, that was boss. I think it was from SVC but can't confirm.

solidshark

Quote from: Running Wild on November 22, 2011, 03:46:42 AM
I am gonna go lurk for some scans.

Didn't Guile fight Geese?

Yes

Quote from: Delta on November 22, 2011, 03:58:14 AM
I saw a scan of Geese riding a Mammoth, that was boss. I think it was from SVC but can't confirm.

And yes.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

MUSOLINI

chinese comics are terrible, all the drawings look from the same artist. id understand it a lil better had it been an asian thing, but not all mangas look like pokemon. i still got a bag a that shit in the addic that i got from a chinese friend. damn, hate to bring drama to the thread, but those kof comics where terrible in every way possible.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Mr Bakaboy

SVC did have the anybody might lose feeling. Only minus I thought of the game was the story was Chaotic (to coin a pun). Ryu gets butt kicked, Ryu can't touch Ryo, Dan gets upgrade from Akuma to upgrade Ryu. Ryu is now the top hero. Just seemed crazy. Nevermind how Kyo went from could barely beat Demitri to the other top fighter. Takes a bit to wrap head around story. But again fighting fun. Lots of surprises.

Gulie never fought Geese 1 on 1, but he did give the finishing blow with a cast taking on Geese.

Personally It all in the taste. DC and Marvel comics can be thought of in the same way at times. If you don't like it don't buy it. Simple as that. I was happy to buy KOF 2003 and SVC. 2 good comics.

Rex Dart

Someone posted this in the general XIII thread. I can't remember who (sorry!), but it's a pretty fun read. It tells the story of the end of the '95 tournament and the time leading up the the '96 tournament.

http://www.mangareader.net/the-king-of-fighters-kyo/1