Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

Soul Calibur V

Started by solidshark, January 08, 2012, 04:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solidshark

If there's one thing that always interests me with fighters lately is the one reveal it takes to make people 180 their hype.

In Soul Calibur's case, I can see how some people are turned off enough to not get the game (right away) now.

For those hoping to get Zasalamel, Yun-Sung, Talim, Rock or Bangoo, on the bottom slot, looks like leaked rumors have led to the following:

"Alpha Patroklos (Setsuka style)
Evil Pyrrha (Sophitia style)
"Malfested" Kilik (Male mimic style, including from characters not in SC5; Zasalamel, Apprentice, Vader, Rock, Yun-Seung, Devil Jin style etc)
"Final Boss" Sophitia (Female mimic style, including from characters not in SC5; Talim, etc)

Those are the remaining characters. Have fun"

Source from Shoryuken & 8WayRun, and it's looking more and more less fake so...

Personally, this does show how really rushed this game might have been. And out of pure preference, characters like Talim, Zas, Yun/Seung/Hwang/any Korean, Rock/Bangoo, actual Setsuka completely outweigh Algol, faux Sophitia, faux Kilik, and maybe alternate Patroklos and Pyrrha, but that's just me. A new generation is fine, but they didn't take advantage like they should have. More characters aging and maturing, more original styles or style-successors taking over, yes. Somehow three mimic characters, no, how, and why?

Final judgements for the final build, but that's crazy.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Saitsuofleaves

It's official.  There's a video out that showed Sophitia, Kilik and Pyrrha.

But yeah, I'm not amused, and I wasn't that interested in the game in the first place.  There's absolutely NO excuse to put THREE Mimic Characters within the same game.  Even with extra styles from older games, it just feels more grimy than usual.  Just a waste of 2 Character Models.

EDIT:  SOULCALIBUR V​ TEST PLAY Yoshimitsu VS Harada TEKKEN

Especially when Harada's not even playable.  I mean look at that, EWGF awesomeness knows no bounds (pun not intended).  Plus the DJ Critical Edge is stylish.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

I dunno what people were expecting. It's been in the cooker for less than a year, like I said before and we don't even know how much of that time was spent in pre-production.

I'm not really invested all that much in SCV, but I can now see why they chose to pull a Tekken 3. But man, EX characters are pretty lame. Wonder how they're going to sell that to the SC community?

At least they're adding something new to the fight system, which might actually change the game for the better, because honestly, SC3 and 4 were boring as fuck to play.

Saitsuofleaves

Well that fight against Harada looked fairly active, especially for one against an AI.  Haven't seen an AI fight so adeptly within a game since MvC2 Rogue.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

solidshark

Quote from: Proto Cloud on January 22, 2012, 02:17:24 AM
I'm not really invested all that much in SCV, but I can now see why they chose to pull a Tekken 3. But man, EX characters are pretty lame. Wonder how they're going to sell that to the SC community?

For fun, I checked out 8WayRun and a few other forums for info on the final slots. FGC language I haven't heard since Gems were revealed on SRK was there. Degrading and addictive to look at. They'll still buy it, but damn...
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

It sucks that my boy Zas isn't in the game. What kills me is that his storyline seemed important enough for a return, but I guess mimic characters are the new hotness, so whatever with characters that were unique...

The only characters I've got going for me right now are Raph, and Algol. Hilde was fun, but brokeness aside, Algol was very interesting to me, as was Amy (I mained her in SC3 and SC3AE). I might learn Viola since I like her playstyle.

Namco has gotten lazy with the SC series imo. There are so many character playstyles from SC3 that could've been brought over to SCV, or they could've made "new" characters with older playing styles. I don't know how many people who wanted Hwang and ended up getting either a banned character who plays like him or a CaS style that's not allowed in tourneys either.

Maybe this is their approach to be like Capcom and dick the community...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Proto Cloud

^^ Namco doesn't care about black people. It's a shame too, because Zas is one of the better character designs too.  :(

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on January 22, 2012, 02:38:57 AM
Well that fight against Harada looked fairly active, especially for one against an AI.  Haven't seen an AI fight so adeptly within a game since MvC2 Rogue.

That's good and all, but I don't play fighting to play against the AI. So, IMO that's time poorly spent.

FataCon

Quote from: Proto Cloud on January 22, 2012, 06:12:25 AM
Namco doesn't care about black people.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm down there, Kanye. Namco loves Wesley Snipes.

Saitsuofleaves

I'm aware that's time poorly spent, at least it is since Harada isn't playable without building him from scratch it seems.  It's too bad, I wanted to see EWGF hype at SCV tourneys.  Now I doubt I'll watch them.

Proto Cloud

Quote from: FataCon on January 22, 2012, 06:17:39 AM

They'd drop him too if they had a chance.

No minorities, no buy Namco. Sorry.

FataCon

Quote from: Proto Cloud on January 22, 2012, 08:04:24 PM

Yo, last I checked, lizards are a minority.

jinxhand

Quote from: FataCon on January 22, 2012, 06:17:39 AM

Yeah but he was low tier last I checked, just like Zas... :(  I don't main Raven though...

Quote from: FataCon on January 23, 2012, 12:04:43 AM
Quote from: Proto Cloud on January 22, 2012, 08:04:24 PM

Yo, last I checked, lizards are a minority.

So are vampires...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Xxenace

the lack of talim in this game bothers me IMMENSELY

sibarraz

voldo is a minority I guess

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

Anything that isn't Asian, European or American in a video game is a minority. Last time I checked vampires came from Romania, Lizardman was Greek and Voldo was Italian. Sorry, being a gimp doesn't give you powers or make you part of a new race.