Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

Greetings! New KOF player

Started by pewpew, January 19, 2012, 06:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pewpew

Hello everyone

I just got KOF XIII yesterday ordered during Xmas but it takes a while for stuff to get here, I live en Central America. This would be my first KOF game, I played 99 but I didn't understand half of I was doing, I was just mashing buttons hahaha.

I used to play Tekken a lot and recently got back into fighting games, and a buddy of mine recommended this game because he said this was in his opinion a 'true' fighting game. I started playing with some of the characters and I got hooked, I'm loving the mechanics and all the combo possibilities of the HD cancels.

DandyJ’s tutorial has been very helpful, didn't know about the hops and general offense/defense mechanics.

Still need to practice a lot, since my execution is really bad right now, but I'm slowly picking up. Oh and the site's wiki is really cool, im reading it right now.

Anyways, glad I picked up the game and hopefully I'll get the hang of it pretty soon. See you around!

BioBooster

Hey pewpew, welcome to DC!

Sure you'll pick it up in no time. All of us here are trying to level up so you came to the right place :)