Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition

Started by Kane317, March 04, 2012, 02:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranui_ninja

Nona is my favourite too. Since he left KOF project, for me it's very obvious some sprites lost style. Just looking new sprites showed in KOF-i 2012 trading cards it can be seen that KOF XII's initial sprites style has been lost. Maybe they will better than new Athena or new Ralf/Clark but they will be worst than that great srpite of Terry, Benimaru, DuoLon, Chin, Goro, Mature, Joe, etc. I think new sprites (included K' and Kula sprites) are more conservative and less stylish.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

LazieFreddy

I really miss the old art style from 96-2000.  To me Athena looks 100x better in 2000 than XIII.  Anyone remember the name of the artist who drew the illustrations?  I think he also drew the SNK art styles for CVS

Terrastorm

LazieFreddy

Thanks, no wonder why the box art in marvel 3 looks familiar.

P.S.  Found this, the man is truly remarkable!!
http://urban-muse.com/blog/Urban-Muse-Shinkiro-Retrospective/

Proto Cloud

Gotta love how Shinkiro easily made Marvel's artists look like total shit. I'm surprised they haven't contracted him to do a one-off mini-series.

Terrastorm

Do Cali's KOF players not like MLG or something? Anaheim doesn't have very many sign ups.

DarKaoZ

Quote from: Proto Cloud on May 30, 2012, 09:41:24 PM
Gotta love how Shinkiro easily made Marvel's artists look like total shit. I'm surprised they haven't contracted him to do a one-off mini-series.

Shinkiro has worked for Marvel before by doing covers for some of their comics.

sibarraz

Quote from: Terrastorm on May 30, 2012, 10:45:15 PM
Do Cali's KOF players not like MLG or something? Anaheim doesn't have very many sign ups.

I don't know if believe this or not, but a friend told me than lots of players from cali doesn't had credit cards for whatever reason (like they are illegal inmigrants and thinks like that)

He will be this month in cali preparing for evo

Waifu Material

Kane317

^  I recognize some big names like Xiao Long and E.T. This should be good to see how Taiwan's progressed.

LazieFreddy

Yeah, I watched their streamed for a little bit this morning.  XiaoLong's Chin look pretty smart.  Looking forward to seeing more from Taiwan, and I hope some of these guys make it to EVO.

milesw

Quote from: oricon on May 30, 2012, 03:16:22 AM
I really liked Hiroaki's art what happened to him?
I love hiroaki's work the most and 2nd is shinkiro

Got my girls lookin juicy :)

満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

nightmoves

SNK needs to use Hiroaki more, like, all the time.

Tyrant292

Running Wild

Hiroaki's work is awesome.

They should re-build all the sprites from scratch again, but with him in charge.

And in true HD.