Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

Hi :)

Started by VIEWTIFLJOE, July 15, 2013, 11:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VIEWTIFLJOE

Hi I am new here, I am mainly new to the King of Fighters series in general. The only real fighting games I have ever played were the UMVC and Street Fighters series, but after watching a couple of streamed matches from the evo 2013 tournament I was automatically hooked. If anybody is out there...can you recommend me any Noob characters? I picked up a copy today and the game is a little confusing to get a feel for.

solidshark

Hello Viewtiful, and welcome to the site. Glad the excitement from EVO could bring you here. For playing KOF XIII, what characters do you typically like to use? Speedy? Rekka? Grapplers? You've got several choices either way. Most start with characters like Kyo (the Ryu of the franchise).

And for the sake of foundation, you can check out our wiki and see about the different systems in place that expand the gameplay pretty well.

Feel free to ask anymore questions, and hope you enjoy your time here.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

desmond_kof

Check this out: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_King_of_Fighters_XIII_FAQS

It's a work in progress but it might answer some of the questions you may have.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

VIEWTIFLJOE

Thanks for the Advice :). Although Kyo feels a little more fast paced than Ryu, he does make me feel right at home.

Mr Bakaboy

IF you're a Ryu player I might suggest the Kyokugen team (Ryo,Robert, Takuma) they have a playstyle more like Ryu. Robert would probably be the closest now (more like Ken though I'm sure that's disputed). Ryo is a good defensive player and Takuma is a strong crazy combo user (as you might have seen)

If you were watching the stream you might have noticed King and Athena are good zoners in the right hands. If your SF/UMVC preference is fireballs then I would think of trying them.

If you like Chun Li you might try Mai. She plays differently but has the same lighter/quicker feeling Chun Li feels.

Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

VIEWTIFLJOE

Thanks for the reccommendation, I tried Mai and I enjoy using her so much that she is one of the common characters that I use know. Her and Takuma. My third character is still a debate between King and Ryo. Ryo is easier to use, but at the same time King's multiple Venom Strikes are like Akuma's hadoukens on steroids. Nonetheless, thanks for the advice.