Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

NorCal KOF!

Started by Tone, November 26, 2010, 03:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyram

I have to be better prepared for next week.

fuck i wish friday was here already.

HaxMurderer

Quote from: CharREX on November 28, 2011, 06:31:41 AM
Quote from: Tyram on November 27, 2011, 06:00:11 AM
King of Fighters XIII
11/25/2011
32-man bracket

1 COOPA :
2 HOTPOCKETS :

Hotpockets, you disappoint me.

Where were you to pad the brackets for me?!

Reiki.Kito

Anyone interested in organizing a KoF XIII tournament for Thursday Night Throwdown at GameCenter? I would like it to take off there, but I can't get down there at all. Please let me know and I'll help you out any way I can.

tastylumpia

Quote from: Reiki.Kito on November 30, 2011, 08:06:03 AM
Anyone interested in organizing a KoF XIII tournament for Thursday Night Throwdown at GameCenter? I would like it to take off there, but I can't get down there at all. Please let me know and I'll help you out any way I can.

I usually go down there for the Marvel tourney, I'll talk to Jay about it and see if there's interest enough to warrant a tournament. The issue is that Marvel and AE run at the same time, we may be limited with setups.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Reiki.Kito

Quote from: tastylumpia on November 30, 2011, 04:00:04 PM

I usually go down there for the Marvel tourney, I'll talk to Jay about it and see if there's interest enough to warrant a tournament. The issue is that Marvel and AE run at the same time, we may be limited with setups.

I see...Hn, well that is a problem. I'd let you use my PS3, but lugging it to school, getting it back from you, etc. Would just be a problem for both of us since you don't have a car. Hmmm...Gotta be something.

soakrates

Well it turns out I probably won't make it to Gamecenter this Friday, as I have to work late. I was wondering, though, is the place set up to allow people to use their own sticks? As I understand it, their console games are installed in arcade cabs, so I was just curious.

jay

Hey guys. I volunteer at the Sacramento Central Library downtown. Once a month I set up gaming stations that features different games. I try to give it a social arcade feel. I mostly put out SSF4AE, UMvC3, MW3, SSBM for everyone to come in to play. I know it sounds weird that it is in a library, but the rooms I use are not directly in the library. check out the website http://www.librarygalleria.com

Starting in January, I am adding KOFXIII to the list. If I was putting an event together this month, I would have it available too. The area is a 1600 sq foot room that can easily fit 60+ people in it.

The library is encouraging me to fill a 5400 sq ft galleria to host tournaments in. I have a lot of plans that I would love to do, but I need more people to come out. All of this stuff is free for me to use, and I want to use all of it!

I usually host this on the last Saturday of each month from 12-5p.  It's right off of 7th and I, so it's easy to locate from B-80 or I-5.  There is free parking available 2 blocks down from the library.

chrischunli

I would totally be down to play in a TNT KOF tourney, although idk how useful I'd be in running it lol.  Is the next TNT tomorrow?

tastylumpia

Okay XIII tournament at Gamecenter, tomorrow!

47 S B St, San Mateo
$7 venue/freeplay fee
reg fee: TBD

Will probably start around 8, will be run by someone there, either me or someone there.
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Reiki.Kito

Great! Spread it all over! Be sure to stop by dustloop and post it on FB, dude. Get it real hype!

Tone

Potentially might be running KOFXIII at the next Norcal Install, too. D:

FataCon

Quote from: Tone on December 01, 2011, 08:20:45 PM
Potentially might be running KOFXIII at the next Norcal Install, too. D:

Wow, I might actually go then. loool

Tyram

Starbase arcade tourney last night!

Kof XIII $2 tourney

1. Tyram
2. kbeast
3. honzo gonzo
4. raikanami
5. makara
5. hi im nasty
7. doug
7.billy
9.Zaku

Reiki.Kito

I'm glad Starbase is getting there with KOF XIII.

But seriously, what happened at GameCenter? Who was running this thing and what the heck happened? I know it's all impromptu, but this is something we can't repeat. Not just GameCenter KoF on the line, but KoF in Norcal needs exposure and we lost a chance tonight.

Any thoughts or some insight? I'm just real peeved.

chrischunli

Quote from: Reiki.Kito on December 02, 2011, 11:48:42 AM
I'm glad Starbase is getting there with KOF XIII.

But seriously, what happened at GameCenter? Who was running this thing and what the heck happened? I know it's all impromptu, but this is something we can't repeat. Not just GameCenter KoF on the line, but KoF in Norcal needs exposure and we lost a chance tonight.

Any thoughts or some insight? I'm just real peeved.
They made me run the tourney... and all I had to work with was one setup.  No offense to the new players who showed up (you're godlike for competing this early!), but there were a lot of matches that went to the last game with time outs and stuff.  Keep in mind the setup was never empty either; I always kept someone on deck to play since it was dragging out so long.  My suggestion: GC needs to hold a KOF only tourney day, instead of having it on TNT.