Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

NGBC General Discussion thread

Started by krazykone123, July 27, 2010, 10:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marchefelix

Quote from: jinxhand on October 11, 2011, 07:59:30 PM
I'm definitely gonna make a part 2 to the "Techroll" vid now... I think there are creative things that can be done with some other characters, but I'll test it out.

If it's just going to remind people to techroll again, I don't see the point in doing it. But if you have some other purpose for it, then go for it.

jinxhand

Quote from: marchefelix on October 13, 2011, 08:28:01 PM
Quote from: jinxhand on October 11, 2011, 07:59:30 PM
I'm definitely gonna make a part 2 to the "Techroll" vid now... I think there are creative things that can be done with some other characters, but I'll test it out.

If it's just going to remind people to techroll again, I don't see the point in doing it. But if you have some other purpose for it, then go for it.

Nah, its not a "re-reminder", its just more of a collection of other OTG combos that I came across with other characters that didn't get put on the video...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

marchefelix

How's that "techroll" vid coming?  :)

jinxhand

Quote from: marchefelix on November 07, 2011, 07:17:03 PM

I got a few things recorded, but I haven't compiled it. Some combos aren't really fancy though, so I gotta come up with something to spice it up (I still think the Athena 1/2 life OTG took the cake). I've been busy recently trying to get casuals setup in my area.

I also got a gangload of video/music editing software, and I'm pretty anxious to test it out and see how well it works for my recordings...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

marchefelix

Quote from: jinxhand on November 07, 2011, 07:48:53 PM
Quote from: marchefelix on November 07, 2011, 07:17:03 PM

I got a few things recorded, but I haven't compiled it. Some combos aren't really fancy though, so I gotta come up with something to spice it up (I still think the Athena 1/2 life OTG took the cake). I've been busy recently trying to get casuals setup in my area.

I also got a gangload of video/music editing software, and I'm pretty anxious to test it out and see how well it works for my recordings...

Damage-wise, Athena's combo does take the cake. But nothing beats Asura's OTG juggle in terms of hilarity! xD

Custle

Been playing on PC lately, so I decided to play Battle Coliseum after a long break. Didn't remember much of it.

Game is good (not KOF XI good), but I say that it is most fun SNK game to play. Some hilarious stuff, fast gameplay, music is good, nice graphics and arguably most "loose" controls ever in a fighting game.

But I also remembered the main thing that bothered me. And it was the 360-throws, the thing I hate the most in a fighting game.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

marchefelix

Quote from: Custle on November 17, 2011, 02:04:37 PM
Been playing on PC lately, so I decided to play Battle Coliseum after a long break. Didn't remember much of it.

Game is good (not KOF XI good), but I say that it is most fun SNK game to play. Some hilarious stuff, fast gameplay, music is good, nice graphics and arguably most "loose" controls ever in a fighting game.

But I also remembered the main thing that bothered me. And it was the 360-throws, the thing I hate the most in a fighting game.

AMEN!!!!

jinxhand

Sadly, KOFXI was the reason the game didn't last too long in the arcades... I mean it's still getting some play, but most scenes are about as big as the FHD or Breakers Revenge scenes...

Custle why do you hate 360 throws?
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

marchefelix

Quote from: jinxhand on November 17, 2011, 08:05:56 PM
Sadly, KOFXI was the reason the game didn't last too long in the arcades... I mean it's still getting some play, but most scenes are about as big as the FHD or Breakers Revenge scenes...

I may or may not be speaking for Custle here, but...

Because shit's hard, that's why.

jinxhand

Quote from: marchefelix on November 17, 2011, 08:33:51 PM

Understood... There are tons of shortcuts though... I will say this, 360 commands online are hard at times... You'll see me mess up some 360 throws with Rock quite a bit if I'm not careful with the shortcut...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

marchefelix

Even with shortcuts I still find it hard. In fact, sometimes the shortcuts are harder themselves! There's always that risk that they won't work...

Custle

Yep, you said it. It is one hell of a gamble does it work or not. And about 90% of time it doesn't work. And don't get me started with 720-motions.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

marchefelix

Quote from: Custle on November 18, 2011, 08:12:33 AM

Yep, you said it. It is one hell of a gamble does it work or not. And about 90% of time it doesn't work. And don't get me started with 720-motions.

I won't get you started with those horrors.

THEY HAUNT ME IN MY DREAMS!

nightmoves

You know, 360 commands aren't that hard to do.

All you need is something to buffer it, just like charge buffering.

marchefelix

Quote from: nightmoves on November 18, 2011, 10:44:37 PM
You know, 360 commands aren't that hard to do.

All you need is something to buffer it, just like charge buffering.

Even with buffers, it's still a gamble for me.