Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

[NORCAL] KOF XIII Ranking Battles @ Southtown Arcade | July 10th 2011

Started by Reiki.Kito, June 12, 2011, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demoninja

* Matches from Top 8 forward are Two out of Three Rounds, Two out of Three Games for a Match set.

Also can you explain this bit? I'm not sure what it's saying.

I mean you established that a match is two out of three rounds. What's the second mean?

FataCon

It's probably C&P from another tournament template. Rounds in KOF are a lot different than in other fighting games since it's not 1v1, rather 3v3. Instead of the usual 3 round max, a KOF match could be anywhere from 3 rounds (straight/OCV) to 5 rounds (both players on 3rd character).

Personally, I wouldn't say "Match set" either. Keep it simple. There are rounds in a match and matches in a set. I wouldn't bother mentioning rounds since it's dependent on gameplay (meaning you can't adjust this as an option anyway).

I would stick with "Double Elimination. Best of 3 matches (Grand Finals - best of 5 matches)."

Demoninja

I kind of assumed he meant round as in one whole 3v3. but yeah c/p from another tournament definitely doesn't work.

Reiki.Kito

I used the template from the MvC3 one that Southtown made and made edits. Most of the rules made sense, but I probably missed this one. I'll be sure to strike it, but you can just note it means nothing really in KoF.

Also, I tend to put it in training mode as well, but if we're going to do this legit, the easiest way is to just make a warning about it. Last time, I allowed winners to reselect if they wanted (Which meant training mode wasn't that big a deal). Again, I know how you feel, but I will make an announcement about it on the day of. I will also be at the machine all day taking notes like I did last time. If you have any other questions; I'm always available.

Demoninja

Oh no this isn't a big deal at all. It's just I was wondering if I'd get punished since I auto do it. I'll really try to remember though.

Reiki.Kito

Okay then, just let me know if there are any more problems or confusion. I'll try to answer/fix them as best as I can!

Demoninja

Please remember to tune in today at 1pm PST for the IPW KOF 13 stream!

Reiki.Kito

Results for July 24th have been posted.

ADDED: Current Standing section to keep track of who has points and how many.

DarKaoZ

The stream was great, lots of great matches, the finals were really cool to watch, specially Kane Chin.

Reiki.Kito

I'm glad you liked it! We're trying to increase the speed of the tournament, but foul-ups happen and it generally can last a while. I feel we did really good and it allowed people to play in tournaments like AE and Marvel while still playing KoF.

tsubasa

Wondering why there are 5th, 6th, 7th, & 8th place listed.  Since it's double elim, there should be ties for 5th and 7th.

nilcam

I found the stream very engaging. NorCal seems to be improving rapidly.

THE ANSWER

Congratulations to the tournament organizers this was a beautiful event. I look forward to attending one of this in the future.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Reiki.Kito

@Tsubasa: That's how they set up their other tournaments and I tried to copy their system the best way I can. I don't understand why you say there should be a tie in points for 5th and 7th. It might be how the question is phrased or I might not understand what you're trying to get at. However, if you don't mind explaining, I can get the jist. I really do appreciate all the helpful advice and feedback!

@Nilcam: We're practicing every chance we get. I try to find time to practice, but event day I'm always choking up! I'm glad you did enjoy the stream though.

@THE ANSWER: Thank you very much! I look forward to meeting you and hopefully seeing you participate!

Demoninja

Here James I'll fix the results and try to explain why it should be that way. I'll fix my name too -.-''

1. Geo.YUC (Kula, Terry, Robert): 10
2. Isaiah (Shen, Vice, Maxima or Ralf, Shen, Maxima): 7
3. CharREX (Iori, Clark, Kyo): 5
4. Renzo (Andy, Raiden, K' or Andy, Shen, K'): 3
5. Paul (Andy, Elisabeth, K'): 2
5. Fatacon (Leona, Duolon, King or Vice, Duolon, King): 2
7. Hotpockets (Joe, Kim, Terry): 1
7. D' (Iori, K', Athena or Kyo, K', Athena): 1

July 24th Ranking Battles:
1. CMD.DUC (Ash) (Predominant Teams: K', Ash, Shen or Iori, Ash, Shen): 10
2. Kane317 (Duolon, Shen, Chin): 7
3. Renzo (Andy, Raiden, K' or Andy, Shen, K'): 5
4. Demoninja (Andy, Kula, Raiden): 3
5. 4leaf (Mature, Leona, Athena or Shen, Leona, Mature): 2
5. Fixel (Ralf, Shen, Ryo): 2
7. Fatacon (Duolon, Leona, King): 1
7. Hotpockets (Joe, Kim, Terry or Ryo, Joe, Terry): 1

Current Standings:
1. Geo.YUC = 10
1. CMD.DUC = 10
3. Renzo = 8
4. Kane317 = 7
4. Isaiah = 7
6. CharRex = 5
7. Demoninja = 3
7. Fatacon = 3
9. Hotpockets = 2
9. Paul = 2
9. 4leaf = 2
12. D' = 1
12. Fixel = 1

The reason why you have tied for 5th and 7th is that the two players who are supposed to be 5th/6th have the same number of wins and losses so they're both 5th place. Same with 7th. I changed the point standing to reflect the same concept. It makes no sense to say someone is 1st and another is 2nd when they have the same amount of points.