Author Topic: Properties of Ground Projectiles  (Read 2736 times)

Gigantor

• New Challenger
  • It's all in the reflexes...
    • View Profile
Properties of Ground Projectiles
« on: September 18, 2011, 04:15:16 AM »
If you throw a light ground projectile (which doesn't knockdown) towards an opponent that is mid-air and they land on it, will it knockdown?  Would it be blockable?  As an option, the opponent would be able to roll out of it, at the expense of an EX bar, right?

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
Re: Properties of Ground Projectiles
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 06:43:41 AM »
dont really happen often but i do believe it would be a knock down and yes they can roll up but im not sure about a EX projectile

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 07:46:03 AM »
If you throw a light ground projectile (which doesn't knockdown) towards an opponent that is mid-air and they land on it, will it knockdown?  Would it be blockable?  As an option, the opponent would be able to roll out of it, at the expense of an EX bar, right?

Yes it will knock down if they land on it.

You won't be able to block it because you're in the air then you get hit and knocked down. You can't do anything other than eat it since you're in the air. Some people have air moves which can change your trajectory so you avoid the fireball.

Gigantor

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 07:32:50 AM »
Thanks for the info, guys! 
bigvador, when I mentioned EX, I was talking about how you can "absorb" a hit and roll away by doing  ;bk ;a ;b
You lose and entire EX stock when you do it.  So, I was wondering if you'd be able to do that as you were landing and "Absorb" the projectile.

From what Demoninja says, I don't think that "absorbing" the projectile would even be an option.

It's a "no can defense" attack!  ;st

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 10:35:53 PM »
bigvador, when I mentioned EX, I was talking about how you can "absorb" a hit and roll away by doing  ;bk ;a ;b
You lose and entire EX stock when you do it.  So, I was wondering if you'd be able to do that as you were landing and "Absorb" the projectile.
Ah, you're talking about guard cancel roll. Guard cancel is an older KOF system, going back to 97 (I think). All you have to do is guard an attack, and quickly input a forward or backward roll at the cost of one power stock.

So, while it might look like you're absorbing a hit, all that's happening is you're canceling your guard into a roll (hence the name). But the most important thing about this move is being able to BLOCK the move in the first place. To answer your question, an airborne opponent couldn't GCAB a ground projectile, simply because there's no airblock in KOF.

(FYI, you can also do a guard cancel knock back with  ;c ;d while guarding. Also costs a stock.)

Gigantor

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 02:04:15 AM »
Thx, Rex Dart! I didn't know what it was called "guard cancel roll".  Didn't know anything about the guard cancel knockback either.  Sounds really useful!

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 03:06:56 AM »
There isn't an air block if you jump,up forward, but if you jump up and back you can airblock.
Just Don't look in the trunk...

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 05:44:43 AM »
There isn't an air block if you jump,up forward, but if you jump up and back you can airblock.

I should add in '98, not in XIII.