Author Topic: Operation Fast and Furious Discussion  (Read 7478 times)

Dark Geese

Operation Fast and Furious Discussion
« on: July 12, 2011, 03:13:19 PM »
Okay guys I have been thinking long and hard where to put this and how needed it is for discussion because it affects the Juarez KOF Scene as well as the Mexican KOF scene DIRECTLY. For years I have been telling people that what they hear and see on the news in regards to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico is simply not the way it really is there, and it has a negative slant behind an agenda that people are trying to achieve. Now stuff is hitting the fan right now that "someone high as The Attorney General's office" allowed many military style guns to enter into Mexico by telling others to turn the other cheek so that they could enforce stricter gun laws in the United States.

How does this affect Mexican KOF? As you all have known Ciudad Juarez, Mexico is the central focal point of all of my tournaments. I have to constantly fight the ignorance and lack of information spread by people all over the world trying to bring people to The KOF Cup, JuareZ WarZone and other tournaments in the past due to this misinformation about what is happening in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Some of it even spills into racist ignorance as if Mexicans are "worse than others" which is another gross misinterpretation when I am going to tell you from the "sources I know", basically in a nutshell most of the guns used by these drug cartels are US made, and the sources further tell me the objective is to have the drug cartels kill each other and cause such an uproar that would allow the President to pass bills RESTRAINING GUN USAGE IN THE UNITED STATES..to which look- HE IS CURRENTLY TRYING TO DO!

I am spreading this knowledge because again it is directly tied to what I try to do in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, which is a large city and I have never seen this type of violence around me that you all see in the news in my 5 years of going there on a consistent 3 month basis.

For more information please look up Operation Fast and Furious yourself or I will be more than happy to post up some links of it for you, it is time that Juarez's/Tijuanas/Mexico's "Dangerous" Perception be finally changed and the truth finally be revealed!!!!!!!

I am going to post this on facebook because again I want to raise awareness and since Bata, Hummer have seen that Juarez is perfectly fine, again people will know the TRUTH about Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, not base it off propoganda that you see and read on the news, yahoo groups etc, find out from the ACTUAL PEOPLE THAT LIVE AND FREQUENT THE PLACES before you jump to any conclusions!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:51:19 PM by Dark Geese »

Dark Geese

Re: Operation Fast and Furious Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 04:12:09 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/2011/07/11/friday-lightning-round-operation-fast-and-furious

Here is more stuff right now showing that the rabbit hole goes as far as The Honduras!!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 04:29:25 PM »
thanks for the info, I've been curious about this.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 04:35:15 PM »
First, thanks for being open to share information.  It's always best to hear about how things are from someone who's actually there.

The media pretty much always makes stuff seem more violent and dangerous than it really is, especially regarding places in other countries (or, if it's a feel-good story, they'll make whatever they're talking about seem more wonderful and miraculous than it really is).  That gets people to tune in more than just telling the straight and dry truth.

Also, Fox news isn't exactly the best source to go to for fair reporting *laughs* .

My view on things (as someone who hasn't really looked into what Mexico is like but has been bombarded by the media with travel warnings and shit since they like talking about how many Canadian tourists have gotten killed in Mexico) is that large cities that deal a lot in tourism are about the same wherever you are, be it Tijuana, Las Vegas, Aqaba, Toronto, or anywhere else.  If you keep yourself out of shady situations, you'll generally be good to go.  Short of someplace turning into an outright warzone (like what happened in Libya recently), I wouldn't let anything the news says deter me from going someplace I want to go.
Old man/bad player

Dark Geese

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 04:39:27 PM »
First, thanks for being open to share information.  It's always best to hear about how things are from someone who's actually there.

The media pretty much always makes stuff seem more violent and dangerous than it really is, especially regarding places in other countries (or, if it's a feel-good story, they'll make whatever they're talking about seem more wonderful and miraculous than it really is).  That gets people to tune in more than just telling the straight and dry truth.

Also, Fox news isn't exactly the best source to go to for fair reporting *laughs* .

My view on things (as someone who hasn't really looked into what Mexico is like but has been bombarded by the media with travel warnings and shit since they like talking about how many Canadian tourists have gotten killed in Mexico) is that large cities that deal a lot in tourism are about the same wherever you are, be it Tijuana, Las Vegas, Aqaba, Toronto, or anywhere else.  If you keep yourself out of shady situations, you'll generally be good to go.  Short of someplace turning into an outright warzone (like what happened in Libya recently), I wouldn't let anything the news says deter me from going someplace I want to go.

Yeah I'm well aware about Fox not being the best place, but I've been doing my own research into this for a long time and others can google other research into it as well, Fox news is just one example of many as this is a major scandal (Esp if the Honduras MS-13 thing is true)..

Also yeah, I've had to really persuade Bata the first time from coming to Juarez, because DUNE was telling me he was scared after seeing the carbombs etc, I told Bata he has absolutely nothing to worry about whatsoever, and he saw for himself and he like Hummer, wants to return to Mexico!!!

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 05:03:19 PM »
I figured you knew about Fox's reputation for being ridiculously biased and alarmist and that you weren't using them as your only source of information.  Just wanted to point it out in case anyone else didn't know to not take Fox news too seriously, because when I went to New Jersey with some friends from Canada for ECT, I was surprised by how they didn't know Fox news's reputation.

It's a good thing for the KOF community that there are people like you who have the patience to deal with these kinds of misperceptions and media propaganda.  It's also a shame how much of the information in the media is tainted by hidden agendas.
Old man/bad player

Dark Geese

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 06:01:39 PM »
I figured you knew about Fox's reputation for being ridiculously biased and alarmist and that you weren't using them as your only source of information.  Just wanted to point it out in case anyone else didn't know to not take Fox news too seriously, because when I went to New Jersey with some friends from Canada for ECT, I was surprised by how they didn't know Fox news's reputation.

It's a good thing for the KOF community that there are people like you who have the patience to deal with these kinds of misperceptions and media propaganda.  It's also a shame how much of the information in the media is tainted by hidden agendas.

Oh yeah all this propoganda hurts me trying to setup THE WORLD KOF CUP...it hurts it and what makes it worse is that the #2 player in KOF 2002 in Mexico resides in Ciudad Juarez Mexico (Zeus) as does a lot of high level skill, so we can't have people choosing to ignore the level of play in Juarez due to some misperception in the media.

I also feel there are a lot places like this around the world, be it the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Latin America etc where the level of play is strong, but the people don't get as much exposure because of the events and propoganda happening in their own city..

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 06:16:04 PM »
Yeah back home in the East Coast, cats eat up Fox News, but real talk, most of the news are bad in terms of propaganda and such. That's also to include NPR (for those that listen to the radio) and BBC... You can't really trust much on tv anyway, as some channel is going to have some bias view, even when they say they don't... I could go on about the whole Osama being dead thing, or the real reason behind much of the crap in the Middle East, but I'll stick with this...

I only know some about Mexico, because I know cats who live down there in TJ and come up north to work. They tell me its not as bad anymore, because of the cops not having any guns anymore, but with all of this OPF&F going on, and criminals actually having weapons still, who knows what's to come...

But yeah I was also told that most of the riff raff is going on in the north part of Mexico, not so much the southern region... There's been some talk about uniting the US, Mex, and Can into one major region, or the North American Union, in which the "Amero" would be the currency. Seems like a bunch of things might be going down, so that the only way to "fix" it would be to unite, and "clean" up the new nation as a whole... Canada's not going through much, other than their Parliament being dissolved supposedly because they refused to sign some bill (help me on this Canadians plz). And they're tied to GB, which is apart of the UN, who ultimately are the ones who came up with the whole NAU thing. I'm not crazy either, there's actual reports of this stuff... Ever wonder why Obama is making it easier for illegal immigrants to come to America legally and illegally without actually saying that he's doing the latter (think amnesty)? He's also making workarounds for the Bill of Rights, so those things that once made us "free" doesn't make us "free" at all because eventually they won't really hold weight in the future.

Media badmouths Mexico so people won't go there, just like they do Japan, and other parts of the world. Think about the TSA scare, and how they say that they are here for our protection, but we get groped at airports, have to stop at random checkpoints of the freeways, and a bunch of other things that they have in store. Traveling outside the US is something that the govt doesn't really want us to do, and they're making it harder for people to do just that...

Expose the fraudulent I say... Hats off to those that do!!!

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 06:20:14 PM »
I see how it is... the almighty Geese Howard trying to expand his stronghold to Mexico by gaining control of the cartels.

But you forgot one thing Geese.

Mexico has Kyokugen Karate Dojo's.

Khushnood is coming for you.

Dark Geese

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 06:56:49 PM »
Good points Jinxhand, the problem with OPF&F is the real reason the police are quitting and violence is running rampant is because again the goverment is giving the cartels MILITARY STYLE WEAPONS. My father is a Marine and he put it to me like this:

1. You can't even buy the weapons (Us Americans) what they are sending to these cartels in Mexico. They are sending military style weapons so they will kill each other faster, and the weapons these police do have are NO MATCH for these high powered military style weapons...it'd be like a pistol vs. a SHOTGUN...

The police are outgunned and they know this...

Running Wild: So this is all a part of my plan to expand SouthTown? Hahahaha I like lol.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »
There's been some talk about uniting the US, Mex, and Can into one major region, or the North American Union, in which the "Amero" would be the currency. Seems like a bunch of things might be going down, so that the only way to "fix" it would be to unite, and "clean" up the new nation as a whole... Canada's not going through much, other than their Parliament being dissolved supposedly because they refused to sign some bill (help me on this Canadians plz).
I'd try to shed some light on what's going on in Canada politically, but honestly, aside from paying attention to the latest tax increases, I kind of tune out all of the government dithering.  Hats off to anyone who actually pays attention to it, but my experience has been that it's sort of like US politics, except they do a whole lot more talking (since there are more parties and they need to do everything in english and french, I guess) and a bit less actual doing of anything.  I've heard some talk about getting rid of the senate, which I'd be all in favor of (Canada's senate has no real power since it's basically full of appointed friends of the prime minister who get to live off our tax money in return for doing nothing), but that's one of those fad topics that fades in and out regularly.

I will say, however, that the "Amero" is a really dumb name for a currency.  I'd rather use Zenny or Gil.  Makka would be best, but that'd be too demonic for religious zealots.

1. You can't even buy the weapons (Us Americans) what they are sending to these cartels in Mexico. They are sending military style weapons so they will kill each other faster, and the weapons these police do have are NO MATCH for these high powered military style weapons...it'd be like a pistol vs. a SHOTGUN...
Good point.  A lot of people just think guns are guns, but that's not true.  Military-grade weapons are designed to get through stuff like tactical body armor or polycarbonate shields and still be able to kill whoever's behind it.
Old man/bad player

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 07:33:52 PM »
You can always move your tournaments to Brazil if you're willing to go South.

The DEEP South.

Brazil has many top players in nearly every old school fighting game. They make deadman look like a chump.

I'm sure you can find lots of technology there for great classic SNK games like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, KOF2004, and KOF 2005 10th Anniversary Edition.

Dark Geese

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 07:42:48 PM »
You can always move your tournaments to Brazil if you're willing to go South.

The DEEP South.

Brazil has many top players in nearly every old school fighting game. They make deadman look like a chump.

I'm sure you can find lots of technology there for great classic SNK games like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, KOF2004, and KOF 2005 10th Anniversary Edition.

Believe it or not I have considered Brazil, Mexico vs. Brazil as another way of One-upping Freeman LOLOLOLOLOLOL (I Kid, kinda but not really lol)..but the reason we are doing Mexico vs. PERU 2011 (though Buchecha and Salado, both retired reside in Brazil right now) is because of the visas...the visas right now make it hard for even ME as a US citizen to cross into Brazil..so we will consider Mexico vs. Brazil in the future but that's also going to depend on how hard it is to get a visa.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 08:34:22 PM »
Why don't you just bring that back up north to the states... I'm sure there are "ways" of getting "visas"...

But yeah, you're right... Those cats are getting military weapons and artillery and the stupid thing about it is that all of that stuff will backfire on us eventually... The US govt makes this "war on drugs" fiasco, and its the exact same thing as "war on terror"--- make believe!!! We're warring against concepts and not actual people, so they then throw someone there so we can apply their face to what we're "fighting" against, even though that person might not even be supporting drugs at all...

Real talk though, if we're at war on drugs, then why are we still selling cigars, cigarettes, trying to legalize weed, and still selling booze??? I mean if you wanna go that route, then by definition, they are drugs... They're not trying to ban weed because its a "drug" though... It's the hemp oil that has tons of uses that poses a threat to Big Pharma and the gas industry... Lemme stop there though...

Dark Geese

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 10:02:13 PM »
Why don't you just bring that back up north to the states... I'm sure there are "ways" of getting "visas"...

But yeah, you're right... Those cats are getting military weapons and artillery and the stupid thing about it is that all of that stuff will backfire on us eventually... The US govt makes this "war on drugs" fiasco, and its the exact same thing as "war on terror"--- make believe!!! We're warring against concepts and not actual people, so they then throw someone there so we can apply their face to what we're "fighting" against, even though that person might not even be supporting drugs at all...

Real talk though, if we're at war on drugs, then why are we still selling cigars, cigarettes, trying to legalize weed, and still selling booze??? I mean if you wanna go that route, then by definition, they are drugs... They're not trying to ban weed because its a "drug" though... It's the hemp oil that has tons of uses that poses a threat to Big Pharma and the gas industry... Lemme stop there though...

1. The actual Drug War is a different topic entirely, but again directly related to this. Since I go to Juarez and people tell me where the "drug kills" actually happen (Picture this a cop pulls up to drug members with them selling drugs and they have a M-16 to the cops pistol, and the drug guy tells the cop to Look the other way and leave or be shot and killed onsite..what do you think most of them do?), and I tell people all the time in the USA that they are the reason the drugs are so bad South of the border.

Every time you roll up a blunt, smoke weed, or do any of that, innocent kids, adults and children are getting killed in Mexico...just think about that people!!!!

Also about bringing it to the states..well I am...next year..AS KULA WILL HAVE HIS VISA... USA vs. Mexico Prologue 2012 (In the USA)...with the Epilogue across in Tijuana the next day...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:37:32 AM by Dark Geese »