Author Topic: Operation Fast and Furious Discussion  (Read 7477 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: Operation Fast and Furious Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 11:22:22 PM »
and I tell people all the time in the USA that they are the reason the drugs are so bad South of the border.

They're the reason its bad all over the states, too, especially in the East Coast!!! Ever wonder how crack got over here in the first place???

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 11:35:56 PM »
When I hear that, I'm glad I grew up straight edge.

Dark Geese

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 12:33:09 AM »

Jinx- I know, I hear stories about stuff all the time about how they get here in the first place....but it's the old fashion Supply and Demand policy!

Me too trust me, no bloodshed on my hands at all...esp since I look at the "P.M." or newspapers in Juarez and see federal police beheaded all the time...I don't see need..
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:36:37 AM by Dark Geese »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 12:44:26 AM »

Damn straight.

I DON'T DO DRUGS.
I DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL.
I'M A STRAIGHT EDGE.
AND I'M BETTER THAN YOU!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 02:14:17 AM »
I know about this first hand, I live in the border between Texas and Tamaulipas. So I know how bad things are in both places, since I have family and friends in both sides of the river and I visit both when I can. But I know that my area is not that bad atm, but the life in Mexico side of the border at night had died. But is still safe to go out and still be out in the street at 12, but after that you need to head home. We call it the Cinderella era here. lol

Dark Geese

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 05:31:39 AM »
I know about this first hand, I live in the border between Texas and Tamaulipas. So I know how bad things are in both places, since I have family and friends in both sides of the river and I visit both when I can. But I know that my area is not that bad atm, but the life in Mexico side of the border at night had died. But is still safe to go out and still be out in the street at 12, but after that you need to head home. We call it the Cinderella era here. lol

Oh yeah same in Juarez, night life in Juarez is dead because of all of this, no one goes out at night really (Though we do lol)...

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 06:34:01 PM »
Alex Jones (activist & founder of InfoWars.com) puts Obama on blast because of this whole OPF&F...

http://www.infowars.com/barack-obama-cop-killer/

Dark Geese

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 03:05:42 PM »
Alex Jones (activist & founder of InfoWars.com) puts Obama on blast because of this whole OPF&F...

http://www.infowars.com/barack-obama-cop-killer/

I'm certainly going to check that! I agree with the guy, it's time the person calling the shots be held accountable!!! The more info people discover the more again they need to realize it's hard to really believe what the media says about these border towns because it's now becoming all the more apparent who is pulling the strings here to make it look that way just to enforce some Gun Laws!

Lesson to be learned here people:  Just because you may have  a PhD in African Studies doesn't mean you are a know it all. Matter of fact, someone who has a PhD in African Studies that has actually gone to Africa/lives there will weigh farrrrrrrrrr more than someone who has never gone to Africa but has a PhD in African Studies..

A lot of stuff to digest there everyone! Someone that lives/goes to these border towns has a lot more credibility than people who have been just listening to what the media says for years and years about these places... Just like someone who says a level of play in Mexico is a certain way based off what they may see on videos or online has far less credibility than someone that actually goes to Mexico to play KOF or lives there!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:36:38 PM by Dark Geese »

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 07:33:28 PM »
Why doesn't this news surprise me much? Why would you instigate more violence asnd death? I have no respect for people who do that.

That said, you guys got me curious about visiting Mexico.
You're too slow!!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 11:43:45 PM »
Lesson to be learned here people:  Just because you may have  a PhD in African Studies doesn't mean you are a know it all. Matter of fact, someone who has a PhD in African Studies that has actually gone to Africa/lives there will weigh farrrrrrrrrr more than someone who has never gone to Africa but has a PhD in African Studies..

A lot of stuff to digest there everyone! Someone that lives/goes to these border towns has a lot more credibility than people who have been just listening to what the media says for years and years about these places... Just like someone who says a level of play in Mexico is a certain way based off what they may see on videos or online has far less credibility than someone that actually goes to Mexico to play KOF or lives there!

I definitely agree with this!!! I will say, however, that unfortunately the paper "outweighs" experience in many cases, so in essence there's almost "2 worlds" or two types of people that view or determine the source of credibility... You've got those who admire experience over "training"(i.e. - college/universities) and vice versa... This isn't to say that they both can coincide though, because they can, its just rare in many cases... Take the military for instance. How is it that a person with a major in ballroom dancing and a minor in Japanese take charge of about 20+ people in a field he/she has no training in whatsoever??? It's because of that "paper" or degree that says so, that and he/she made the age/fitness requirements...

Anyway, I say all of that to say that I'm pretty sure alot of society looks to the person with the "paper" rather than those who actually have the experience or in this case, those who actually live in Mexico, or some other place that media talks about... This is why alot of stereotypes and stigmas get formed, but I digress...

Dark Geese

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 12:02:53 AM »
Jinxhand-It's true. Hence the person with the "paper" AND the experience is ontop of the world....

A PhD is just a small part of a very big almost infinite puzzle. All a PhD means is you are an expert in your field in your particular part/region of the world. That's IT, nothing more, nothing less. Doesn't mean you are "the expert" (as again people need to realize what is taught in one region about a particular field may not be taught in another esp. if this is the region where the field ORIGINATED FROM PEOPLE, I.E. African Studies IN AFRICA vs. African Studies in the USA, which one do you think is more credible?) or anything else, PhD's debate all the time about stuff, and most of the time again the people that have actually crossed their Ts and Dotted Their I's (In other words extensive research aka traveling to places to back up their findings) are the ones that fare the best vs. the ones that just "stay home and jump to conclusions".

Again people, a lot of deep stuff can be taken from all of this!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 12:11:34 AM by Dark Geese »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 01:05:48 AM »
Traveling outside the US is something that the govt doesn't really want us to do, and they're making it harder for people to do just that...

Expose the fraudulent I say... Hats off to those that do!!!

i think the main reason being the goverment wants you spend the $$ you made in your own country instead of spending it somewhere else and making that country some money. another reason is they probably want you to think only in america, as if there are no other places in the world where you can live peacefully and safe.

looking at americans in general most of them do think they are living int he greatest country in the world (always comparing it to dictator regimes and 3rd world countries, ofcourse its better to live in the US). for me its just a nice place with not soo many nice people who believe everything they are fed by the government and mass media.

i think by now everybody knows im not too big on americans in general. americans in general generalize so i tend to generalize americans all the same. but i think anybody smart enough knows that not everybody is the same, and even in america there are good, educated people that arent just sheep. problem is the majority doesnt fall in this category. /rant.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Dark Geese

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 05:49:27 AM »
Traveling outside the US is something that the govt doesn't really want us to do, and they're making it harder for people to do just that...

Expose the fraudulent I say... Hats off to those that do!!!

i think the main reason being the goverment wants you spend the $$ you made in your own country instead of spending it somewhere else and making that country some money. another reason is they probably want you to think only in america, as if there are no other places in the world where you can live peacefully and safe.

looking at americans in general most of them do think they are living int he greatest country in the world (always comparing it to dictator regimes and 3rd world countries, ofcourse its better to live in the US). for me its just a nice place with not soo many nice people who believe everything they are fed by the government and mass media.

i think by now everybody knows im not too big on americans in general. americans in general generalize so i tend to generalize americans all the same. but i think anybody smart enough knows that not everybody is the same, and even in america there are good, educated people that arent just sheep. problem is the majority doesnt fall in this category. /rant.

Hey as a North American myself I understand the sentiment I mean I make all these videos like "How to counter Stereotypical North American Ignorance about KOF" and all this other stuff because bottom line is most of the ignorance and misguided fanboyism as well as spoiled sense of entitlement and lack of work ethic comes from North America.

I've gotten it down to a tee pretty much, 90% of the time I get people running their mouths on my youtube channel, I can pretty much put a safe bet they are:

1. From the USA
2. Don't know how to play KOF at a high level remotely (and I say remotely I mean can't even hang with the tops in the USA)
3. Probably think KOF is a ripoff of SF
4. Are Japanese fanboys
5. Don't travel at all
6. Are both egocentric  and ethnocentric and think everyone thinks like they do in the USA OR JAPAN (meaning plays the games the USA or Japan plays, says KOF 2002 is a dead game, when its not dead in Latin America by far and away, all comments of this type just show how ignorant a lot of people in the USA are!)

I've shut up a lot of those types by simply identifying who they are describing them, it's a shame but it's a sad stereotype that many around the world are seeing in regards to North America.

Everyone knows this is and it just makes the USA look very bad, people acting arrogant, being very superficial and materialistic and thinking "everyone thinks like them", so trust me I understand.

It's these people that live in a bubble and refuse to get out of it that make all North Americans (PC term because if you are saying Americans of course technically you are talking from the USA all the way down to Chile) look bad, they are free to believe as they wish, but some of them should for the benefit of all North Americans just keep their opinions to themselves because they expose the total ignorance that North America has to many things (in addition to exposing hints of racism), and how they've been blinded by the media..
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:01:49 AM by Dark Geese »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 07:25:56 PM »

It's these people that live in a bubble and refuse to get out of it that make all North Americans (PC term because if you are saying Americans of course technically you are talking from the USA all the way down to Chile) look bad, they are free to believe as they wish, but some of them should for the benefit of all North Americans just keep their opinions to themselves because they expose the total ignorance that North America has to many things (in addition to exposing hints of racism), and how they've been blinded by the media..

That includes disfranchisement on many different levels, from hiding actual historical facts and teaching incomplete history to our children, to the actual survival of racism itself, even within the communities of those who were (are) being oppressed in the first place.

another reason is they probably want you to think only in america, as if there are no other places in the world where you can live peacefully and safe.

I'd rather live in Mauritius... 100% employment, and 0% crime. Very multi-cultural (African, Chinese, European, Indian, etc) and no belief system is bashed under any circumstance. Everyone manages to live together in peace.