Author Topic: Official KOF XIII side tournament at EVO 2011. Sponsored by Atlus.  (Read 24784 times)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Well now that Atlus has made their announcement I think it's time for us to get official with this event, here are the details:

When: Saturday June, 30 2011.

Time: Sign ups start as soon as the event opens until 1:OO PM, the tournament starts shaprtly at 2:00 PM.

Fee: There will be a $10 registration fee which will go to the prize pot.

Format: 2/3 matches, double elimination. Grand finals will be 3/5 matches.

Rules: All characters are allowed, winner keeps same characters but can change the starting order.

System: We will be using 2 Taito Type X2 boards with Jamma adaptors.

International players: we have confirmed Kunio aka No.17 from Japan, El Rosa From Mexico. A European player is shceduled to come however details are still pending.

Staff: Giby, Kane317 and me.

Prizes: We will be splitting the pot amongs top 6, plus we are raising a bonus pot which at the moment is around $700. The bonus pot will also be split amongs top 6.

More Prizes: If you don't make top 6 you still have a chance to walk away with a prize, Atlus has given us the following gifts for the tournament:

1. Mai Shiranui figure, valued at $340.

http://www.amazon.com/Shiranui-Hipline-Version-Omega-Figure/dp/B003OIBDHE/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1310796087&sr=8-14

1. A sketch signed by the illustrator. (No Reference)

3. KOF XIII Arcade posters (see below)

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/ed/75/ed757a134582e493353f84768c0ed954.jpg

We are going to raffle this prizes for those who don't make top 6, all you gotta do is sign up for the tournament.

This event is possible thanks to the effort from snk-capcom.com, orochinagi.com and dreamcancel.com. We would also like to thank SNKPlaymore for their support and a very special thank you to the ATLUS USA Staff for everything they are doing with KOF XIII.

Any questions please feel free to contact me or any of the staff members.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Official KOF XIII side tournament at EVO 2011. Sponsored by Atlus.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 09:21:42 AM »
Will the tournament be streamed?

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 09:27:16 AM »
It will if we get enough entries. If it does, it will most likely be streamed on the secondary (offcast) stream.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »
2 boards? So there's going to be more than 1 setup?

I thought Gunsmith announced that the Euro player was going to be Salim?

Looks like things are shaping up really well. Hope to see you all there!

elrosa

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 09:32:37 AM »
I'm Just so happy that my vacations in San Diego coincided with the time of EVO!!

This is gonna be HYPE!!!!!!!!!

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 10:16:15 AM »
To Socal KOF Community

Good luck!

Like CMD Duc, The Answer, Meta, Kane317, Reynald, Bala, Romance, Chris and many other I can't seem to remember >.<

Also Good luck to Mr. KOF for SSF4 AE

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 10:38:12 AM »
2 boards? So there's going to be more than 1 setup?

I thought Gunsmith announced that the Euro player was going to be Salim?

Looks like things are shaping up really well. Hope to see you all there!

One set up is being provided by The Answer, the other set up is being provided by SNKP and Mike_Z. Gunsmith did announce that Salim won, but they're still trying to raise money, so everyone should donate to the cause, try to get a Euro player out here!

Edit, Answer, you should edit the topic to include SNKP as a sponsor.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 10:50:13 AM »
One set up is being provided by The Answer, the other set up is being provided by SNKP and Mike_Z. Gunsmith did announce that Salim won, but they're still trying to raise money, so everyone should donate to the cause, try to get a Euro player out here!

Oh nice! Thanks for the heads up, Giby!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 12:50:23 PM »
I just found out I was on the staff list haha.

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 01:06:22 PM »
Being a volunteer isn't voluntary, its mandatory!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 01:18:25 PM »
I want to take a quick moment to acknowledge an error we made in announcing Dune's plans to come to EVO prematurely.

It's true, it appears that as of now our friend Dune will not be making the trip our to Evo.  When we did announced it back in ReveLAtions he was confirmed and he even heard us making the announcement himself and we chatted days afterwards on his stream about his nick name "The Godfather of Kof".

However, between recently starting a new job, moving to a new home and getting married as well as the ridiculous plane ticket price of roughly $1700 USD (not including hotel and expenses) has rendered the trip unrealistic.

We will continue to try to pull some miracles but until then the entire AA crew wish the best to Dune and his wife, and we know we'll see him in the future soon.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 09:59:07 PM by Kane317 »

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 05:01:52 PM »
I wonder who the illustrator for the sketch is.  I already have the Mai figure, so I'm pretty curious.  :O

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 06:59:33 PM »
I want to take a quick moment to acknowledge an error we made in announcing Dune's plans to come to EVO prematurely.

It's true, it appears that as of now our friend Dune will not be making the trip our to Evo.  When we did announced it back in ReveLAtions he was confirmed and he even heard us making the announcement himself and we chatted days afterwards on his stream about his nick name "The Godfather of Kof".

However, between recently starting a new job, moving to a new home and getting married as well the ridiculous plane ticket price of roughly $1700 USD (not including hotel and expenses) has rendered the trip unrealistic.

We will continue to try to pull some miracles but until then the entire AA crew wish the best to Dune and his wife, and we know we'll see him in the future soon.

Wow, that's pretty amazing news for Dune. I guess it's a reminder that, as much as we all love KOF, life does indeed come first. Thanks for the explanation on Dune's status regarding EVO.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 07:58:36 PM »
Regarding Dune, can't ATLUS help a bit? Well I know I'm saying too much, but it was just a thought.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 09:26:28 PM »
oh my god i'm soo hype right now, this is really the highlight of evo for me this year! can't wait!!!

oh btw, are there any plans for casuals and MM and such in the hotel rooms the night before or after this?
In it to win it!