Author Topic: do you have a code of honor when playing games?  (Read 6501 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: do you have a code of honor when playing games?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 11:39:48 PM »
Here's one that I strictly follow: Respond to all messages. GGs get a GG in return; whiny messages get a detailed description of why I played the way I did, a critique of what the other player could do better and a note that instead of being mad at me, they should take a look at their gameplay. Every time I've done this, I've gotten apologies and started a constructive conversation.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 01:33:37 AM »
Here's one that I strictly follow: Respond to all messages. GGs get a GG in return; whiny messages get a detailed description of why I played the way I did, a critique of what the other player could do better and a note that instead of being mad at me, they should take a look at their gameplay. Every time I've done this, I've gotten apologies and started a constructive conversation.

Online gaming needs more gentlemanly actions like this. Haven't seen another player attempt what you listed in years maybe, outside of DC members.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 04:14:20 AM »
1. I play who I love not how's easiest to win with
2. Never Rage Quite
3. Be a good sport
4. Give advice if I can(after a match)
5. No trash talking unless they start first
6. No Mic unless I'm training or fighting a friend
7. Promote KOF,Dream Cancel, Guilty Gear, and Dustloop
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 11:53:19 PM »
Aint got one, if I'm playing a fighting game I'm gonna fuck a ***** up and maybe talk a little trash. If I'm playing someone in marvel they better expect me to hit them with a ROM, if I'm playing somone in MvC3 they better expect me to respect nothing they do and fuck em up, if I'm playing 98UM please believe I'm gonna be lame with some EX Geese. Personally I find honor codes weak as hell and insulting when it comes to stuff like this, that's just me and my background in games talking >.>

Ha ha, I agree.

I play by the rules, now if the rules aren´t perfect, it is not my fault. It´s the programmer's. I use every tool I can to win.
If your character is dizzy, your fucked. If I can spamm with a certain attack, and you can´t find a way to counterattack, well....not my problem.
I also talk trash, if I know the other player can take it.
By the way, I have the same phylosophy for sports.
I don´t play for laughs or fun, I play to win.

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 05:09:26 AM »
Perform at my best.

Never back down.

and

Enjoy enjoy enjoyyy!

BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

JoeJustice

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 06:50:53 PM »
I generally don't like to trash talk, but the only time I'll blast people with messages is when they rage quit online. I mean really. It's not like online standings do anything for you. Plus it gives you that satisfying exclamation point to a rage quit victory.

GenesisDC

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 10:32:18 AM »
In fighting games I have no real honor code outside of I don't pick characters I don't like because they're top or god tier. No Raiden in KOF XIII, no Kasumi in 2002 UM, no Krauser in 98 UM, and so on. K' and Nameless are fine with me because I like them.

The Gentleman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 11:59:41 PM »
I grew up more in the RPG gaming side of things, and a code of honor I used to subscribe to was to never use faqs. Now, I'm older, and realize that it doesn't really matter, I use them when I get stuck.

As for fighting games, I just follow the Golden Rule of treating people as I would like to be treated. I haven't played online, but in groups, it works pretty well.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 07:15:09 PM »
One other thing: If they're really bad and I have a huge life lead then I give them a chance and do something very punishable. It gets sad when they still don't punish it...
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.