Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 184483 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #915 on: April 03, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 04, 2012, 02:30:49 AM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/03/report-capcom-sees-no-distinction-between-on-disc-and-off-dis/3#comments

nothing new but i thought i post it anyway

While half the internet is debating it, I'm only scared of how Capcom and anyone else ballsy enough to say this will justify things in the future. Either way, it is to laugh.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 04, 2012, 09:39:56 PM »
Honestly, it's their prerogative to put this stuff on the disc and lock it. It's their product and they can do what they want with it. The thing is that they're fucking dumb to put it on the disc because inevitably someone will crack it open like every damn game in the past and blow it up in your face. I see where they're trying to go with this, but it's ultimately up to the consumer to decide whether the final product is worth $60+20+?. From my perspective, I truly don't believe this is worth 60 bucks. It's riddled with bugs, glitches, poor design decisions and poorly implemented characters.

I just don't see how Capcom can't hand their fans a bone and just have more content from the get go and make more sales that way instead of drying up the well they already have. I guess it's their business, but my goodness, they're morons.

EDIT:

Maximillian is starting to have doubts on this game too.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:02:30 PM by Proto Cloud »

calibur753

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #918 on: April 11, 2012, 12:08:44 AM »
How good is this game? Because my GF is giving me here copy and my best friend plays his. SS4 More then Sf x Tekken, do you guys like your copy's ?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:10:43 AM by calibur753 »
I'm a O.G. of Fighting Games and always looking for a good fight. think you can beat me ? hit me up on xbox live. my gamer tag is, CALIBUR753

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 11, 2012, 12:32:49 AM »
Bad place to ask dude. People here seems to hate the game and everybody will say the same.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 11, 2012, 12:41:15 AM »
Well, not necessarily.  He's asking how do we enjoy our copies?  Since none of us have a copy anymore, technically, no answer can be given.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 11, 2012, 05:09:58 AM »
How good is this game? Because my GF is giving me here copy and my best friend plays his. SS4 More then Sf x Tekken, do you guys like your copy's ?

I think I've told you my opinion already. The only one that matter really.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #922 on: April 12, 2012, 05:36:17 PM »

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 12, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »
Honestly, I think that was uncalled for, stupid and pointless anyway. First of all, how many gamers even check BBB ratings before making a purchase? Also, if they want to blame anyone for the shenanigans, blame Sony. They're the one's that paid them off to have "extra features" on their platform and have "exclusive" characters on the Vita version.

Was Capcom's approach to this dumb as hell? Yes. Does that deserve unending hate from the hate brigade? No.

Way I see it, is that if they want to complain, just damn well don't buy the fucking game to begin with or throw your copy to the nearest incinerator.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 12, 2012, 09:04:39 PM »
Or as Tom Cruise is doing, into the nearest ocean.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 12, 2012, 09:13:38 PM »
f they want to blame anyone for the shenanigans, blame Sony. They're the one's that paid them off to have "extra features" on their platform and have "exclusive" characters on the Vita version.

"Sony's had a hell of a year with what the hacking and all they deserve a break blah blah blah"

Yeah, blame Sony! Those sneaky sons of bitches!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 13, 2012, 02:09:47 AM »

Was Capcom's approach to this dumb as hell? Yes. Does that deserve unending hate from the hate brigade?

Yes, because they deserve a good ass-kicking like the teacher's pet at school that reminds her when homework is due.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 13, 2012, 03:35:40 AM »
What Sony probably paid them to make all of these things exclusive probably outstripped what they would've made from the game as it was twofold, I guarantee you.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 13, 2012, 04:12:02 AM »
^^ I wouldn't be surprised, they've been pushing exclusivity pretty hard lately.

Yes, because they deserve a good ass-kicking like the teacher's pet at school that reminds her when homework is due.

Not really. There are other companies that have done dumb things too, yet they fly with a free pass. BBCSEX got away with only having one new character and balancing for 40 bucks and I didn't see people bitching a storm over it. And yet, people got into an uproar because UMvC3 had a bunch of new characters for 40 bucks, but because they couldn't have it as DLC they cried like a bunch of babies. Why? Because it's cool to hate on the big guy and do dumb shit like this. SCV was a rushed game too, missing a lot of content, reused assets and character archetypes that aren't around and yet this doesn't cause a media shitstorm the way Capcom games make.

Basically, the fighting game community consists of stupid manbabies.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #929 on: April 13, 2012, 04:44:45 AM »
Honestly, I think that was uncalled for, stupid and pointless anyway. First of all, how many gamers even check BBB ratings before making a purchase? Also, if they want to blame anyone for the shenanigans, blame Sony. They're the one's that paid them off to have "extra features" on their platform and have "exclusive" characters on the Vita version.

Was Capcom's approach to this dumb as hell? Yes. Does that deserve unending hate from the hate brigade? No.

Way I see it, is that if they want to complain, just damn well don't buy the fucking game to begin with or throw your copy to the nearest incinerator.

They did that mostly to make a point... Sure, not many people check BBB before buying something, but it's the closest thing to putting a dent in Capcom's repertoire (as if that hasn't happened already)... And regardless of what people think, Capcom "won" up until this point, because people were still buying the game, and reviews were still relatively good... 

For those that are mad for even purchasing the game, well that's their fault... There's been plenty of enough time to truly decide if you want the game or not, plain and simple... Sure you can turn in the game if you don't like it, but why go through all of that???

Yeah the BBCSEX thing is kinda jacked up... But then again, think of all the people that play that, and then compare that to the number of those who play UMVC3... Huge difference right??? You're not gonna have a gangload of people crying about getting ripped off from having to buy another BB because the fanbase is mad smaller than the "mainstream", that's including casual gamers, too... So whatever Arcsys does, if it isn't GG, it's under the radar... P4A is getting hype from 2 crowds (FGC and JRPGC), so that's the only exception (maybe)...