Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 184832 times)

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #540 on: February 24, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
it's weird to me that dr. subzero was talking about his lack of experience in street fighter IV...what did he play instead?  I find it extremely strange that a guy who got onto team street fighter wasn't well-versed in the most recent street fighter game.
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 24, 2012, 06:52:58 PM »
it's weird to me that dr. subzero was talking about his lack of experience in street fighter IV...what did he play instead?  I find it extremely strange that a guy who got onto team street fighter wasn't well-versed in the most recent street fighter game.

3S.  That's all he plays.  That's how he made his legend.  He's said on multiple occasions he never played SF4.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 24, 2012, 07:00:20 PM »
Damn, i only watched that salty video, and i can see why people talk garbage about the show.

Also, i quote this message from the youtube video:

"I will not keep playing it. Not an effing chance.

...I might play it."

Dr. SubZero is a reflection of the entire FGC

So true.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 24, 2012, 07:08:58 PM »
3S.  That's all he plays.  That's how he made his legend.  He's said on multiple occasions he never played SF4.

I guess I just didn't realize how strange the team selection was.  It's fair enough that hes a 3S player, but at the same time, that would kinda be like if a bunch of the team Tekken guys hadn't played a Tekken game since T4 or TTT or something (not that that would actually matter in this case, but still).
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 24, 2012, 07:18:19 PM »
None of the people on Team SF are that...great at SF4.  Honestly, I don't think anyone on the team bothers to play it that much anymore outside of maybe Sherry, and Viper isn't in this game so...yeah.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 24, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »
^^ Trust me, Hornett knows how to play the game.

The way this is turning out though, from what I'm gathering is that it's going to be a lot SFIV in this game.

use coaches that don't have a past of being sex offender and being "that guy" from the Metallica concert

Seriously, you don't know who those two coaches are?

I KNOW WHO THEY ARE! I'm trying to make a rant here! It's obvious they're Aris and Valle. >_<

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 24, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »
Oh I don't doubt that Hornett knows how to play, I just don't know if he plays that much SF4 anymore.

And hey, Guy Code, NO INTERRUPTING OF RANTS!

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 24, 2012, 09:26:13 PM »
He still does heavily as it's his main focus now, as far as how his skill set translates into this I dunno.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 24, 2012, 09:45:16 PM »
Well for this competition, he should probably dominate.  Overall in the game...yeah, dunno.  Seems closest to Alpha than anything.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 24, 2012, 10:12:48 PM »
An apt comparison, seeing how awful Alpha 1 was.

All I know is that just about everyone from Team Tekken has complained that there's no Tekken to be found here. Which makes me wonder, why they didn't just make the game like the EX series or Bloody Roar?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 24, 2012, 10:16:24 PM »
Or better yet, which is what I've been saying from the start, why bother doing this series at all?  Because I guarantee there'll be barely any SF to be found in TxSF as well.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 24, 2012, 11:01:18 PM »
An apt comparison, seeing how awful Alpha 1 was.

All I know is that just about everyone from Team Tekken has complained that there's no Tekken to be found here. Which makes me wonder, why they didn't just make the game like the EX series or Bloody Roar?

Hardly any tekken?  Can Kazuya do 1,1,2?  That's all the tekken you need.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 25, 2012, 01:55:05 AM »
1, 1, 2 is definitely not all the Tekken you need. Let's go down this list:

- No Sidestepping
- No Parries
- No Just frame inputs
- No Unforgiving okizeme
- No Rage
- No bound system (it is only simulated for certain characters)
- No run grab
- No dinosaurs or kangaroos on the roster
- No extensive move lists
- No wave dashing (only simulated on limited characters)

and I could go on.

@Satsu: I don't give a shit anymore. I'm saying saying stuff because I'm not getting this.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 25, 2012, 02:10:06 AM »
One, he was being sarcastic.

And two, and I'm going to be straight blunt and I expect you to bitch at me for it.  If you're completely adamant about never getting this game, stop talking about it.  It's a waste of time.  The reason I am even though it's unlikely I'll get it is because I'm always open to changing my mind if reason enough exists.  I'm not one to not do or get something out of morality or defiance which I'm sure a lot will do with Capcom being Capcom and their DLC policies being shitty.  But we got other games to play, other things to talk about.  If you honestly are 100% sure you'll never get this game in the future, then again, I'm going to be blunt, don't talk about it, and ignore everything about it.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 25, 2012, 02:18:31 AM »
Because I find joking at Capcom's expense is a fascinating pastime?

I think you should know by now not to take my comments seriously. You don't have to find some bold meaning behind my "cries for help".