Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 184485 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #675 on: March 05, 2012, 11:44:45 PM »
Well Capcom has admitted to the characters being mostly complete and their planning of being DLC.  The worst part about it?  With these characters complete or mostly complete on the disc, everyone still has to wait...until AFTER the Vita release before the DLC drops.

Between Mega Man and Pac Man being found on the 360 disc even though they're touted as PS3 exclusives and now this, I think we found the culprit as to why it was taken to this level.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 06, 2012, 12:18:30 AM »
that delicious capcom crowd control

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 06, 2012, 12:24:08 AM »
I wonder what they're going to do with all the pirated/hacker games that already have all the DLC characters unlocked.  Apparently people have been running into them online, including megaman on xbox live.  Is this something that they can easily fix with a day 1 patch that shuts down all that stuff, or are we just going to have to live with a bunch of people having these characters for months before everybody else?
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 06, 2012, 12:27:31 AM »
Well, in theory they wouldn't have to do anything.  Since if I'm not mistaken, the only way to play these characters is on a hacked Xbox, MS would do the job for them, and if anything are making it very easy to be spotted.

If not I'm sure they could have a failsafe in place, and if that doesn't work they've pretty much burned themselves at both ends.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 06, 2012, 04:05:24 AM »
If Seth quits I really, really hope he dishes all the dirt there is. I really want to know what happened behind the scenes for 3SOE.

I'm pretty sure they're under a legal binding contract. I'd say if he left he'd have to wait 10 years if he doesn't want to get sued into oblivion.

I know that Konami is pretty dictatorial about that one from a former translator.

EDIT: Also Seth Killian was pretty dismayed by MML3 too. He helped revive the game when it was first cancelled only to get it canned again.

My philosophy is that if there's tons of assholes out there writing tell-all books about celebrities (alive and dead) and politicians than what would stop a former employee from dispensing some gossip? If anything he would go over the selection process for characters, Ono's trolling, the reasons to scrub-ify a game with comeback mechanics, and etcetera.

I really, really, REALLY want to know what happened behind the scenes with 3SOE. How did some no name company with no experience making fighters or any-kind of experience with netcode got that job. And what happened with the patches and everything else.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 06, 2012, 04:17:27 AM »
Contracts.  You can write Tell-alls about celebs because usually contracts aren't involved, and if they are, not to the extent that corporations would have.  Same with politicians, more to the point that so much shit is spread around whether true or false that there's no point in trying to cover someone up for talking.

And there's no guarantee that SKill knew everything that went behind the scenes for OE, he probably was left in the dark just as much as usual.  I know OE burns you up deep inside, but you're gonna have to get past it unfortunately.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 06, 2012, 04:51:06 AM »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 06, 2012, 05:05:22 AM »
Didn't say you have to forgive them.  The day Capcom deserves forgiveness for something is the day the internet will stop using memes.  Just saying it'd probably be better for your mental health not to think about it unless provoked.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 06, 2012, 05:09:57 AM »
Haha. Well, I hope Seth does leak some shit. And didn't a former Capcom employee (the guy behind the creation of Mega Man and I think Dead Rising) dispel a lot of shit that went on behind the scenes?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 06, 2012, 05:15:55 AM »
You mean Inafune?  Uh...I don't believe he dispelled any more things that we didn't already know, but I might be wrong with that.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 06, 2012, 06:23:51 AM »
If i remember correctly he said Capcom is against the idea of new IPs, and they want sequels and sequels of already established games. But hey, this happens with most companies.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 06, 2012, 06:30:36 AM »
Yeah, and this is something we already knew due to Capcom's previous history so...yeah, meh.

Besides, this is random speculation of a hypothetical comment...that I made.  I was just saying if I were Seth, I would've walked out, but I'm not him so I doubt he will.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 06, 2012, 08:51:18 AM »
Alright. Got my Gamefly set up. Gonna see how long it'll take for it show up.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 06, 2012, 12:06:38 PM »
im actually enjoying this game so far got 2 teams im currently working on

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 06, 2012, 06:14:02 PM »
I hear Capcom actually tried to make an attempt at Rollback Netcode...and might've messed up again?