Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 184487 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #930 on: April 14, 2012, 04:11:08 AM »
Well, we won't know if things will get ugly with P4A unless they actually do some shady shit, but we're far from the release as is.

But regardless of how small the crowd for ASW is, it surprised me how little people complained about it and how far they went to defend BBCSEX. Whether it was more story mode or how there wasn't a disc release since 2010, it was plain dumb. I guess you could just tack that on the fact that their community really is a shadow of its former self. Last year's EVO had a terrible showing, the EVO before that they backed out because of an impeding release, the constant obnoxious updates, proliferation of annoying anime players that don't even know how to play the game, etc.etc. I guess even SoulCalibur isn't a big deal anymore.

As opposed to Capcom games that get huge attention from everywhere and make over a million copies every time and have legions of idiots complain about stupid shit and buy it anyway expecting things to change.

calibur753

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #931 on: April 19, 2012, 08:37:49 PM »
I got my copy of Street Fighter X Tekken form my GF and after some Days with it. I like it. But KOF 13 is way Better just saying
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:49:14 PM by calibur753 »
I'm a O.G. of Fighting Games and always looking for a good fight. think you can beat me ? hit me up on xbox live. my gamer tag is, CALIBUR753

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 19, 2012, 08:45:13 PM »
Well you liking it is already a massive difference from everyone else on DC.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 19, 2012, 09:18:54 PM »
So the game sold roughly 500K copies... Or so I've heard. So has Capcom shot themselves in the foot yet again and have oversaturated the market or is the time ripe for a new developer to beat Capcom at their own game?
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 19, 2012, 09:34:29 PM »
I'd rather wait for the official sales report before I go spouting off that they fucked themselves on sales again.

And yeah the market's oversaturated, but honestly I don't put that all on Capcom.  As of now in these times, they've contributed the SF4, MvC3 series and SFxT.  We haven't really had to make a huge commitment to the SF4 series since Super ($15 and free I wouldn't call a huge commitment) so SFxT got room to breathe (too bad the game itself didn't help matters).  Marvel is its own beast like always.

If the market's oversaturated, it's because EVERY FG maker wanted in now.  It also doesn't help that it's the age of rereleases right now either.  And there's 3 more FGs due out with TTT2, VF5:FS, and Guilty Gear (well, DOA as well but idk it's release date, my bad).  But honestly it's not that bad this year, it's more about the 3D Fighters this year it seems.

Considering what Capcom contributed to last time there was oversaturation, I'm not gonna call them out as the reason it's happened this time.  This time it's due to more companies wanting to put out more product.  Not saying I enjoy their business practices or anything, but it's an entirely different matter.

As for a new developer to beat Capcom at its own game, define its own game.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 19, 2012, 10:20:45 PM »
Yeah, there's no real determinate sales figures yet and Game Informer is garbage like usual and doesn't have NPD results like they used to.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't hit their 2 mil expectation though. It isn't as big a release as Marvel 3 was and there's a lot more backlash than before.

But honestly, I don't think the market is really "oversaturated" because it was a whole lot worse in the 90s with revisions being put in within 5-6 months and something like 20 different fighters a year of varying quality. Plus, unlike myself, there's plenty of people that stick to certain fighters anyway. I know plenty of people that are only getting TTT2 and nothing else this year, or just sticking to ASW or Capcom fighters. I think it's healthy, we're looking at this from a frame of perspective of someone that plays the fighting game gauntlet which isn't that big a community.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #936 on: April 20, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
Yeah these days are way less worse than back when every fighter imagined came out on either Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, and eventually PS2... The number of fighters that came out in that time period was ridiculous... You could just count Dreamcast and PS2 fighters by themselves and say it was ridiculous...

So what's the official ruling on gem usage??? I've seen and heard of some places using it and others banning it...

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 20, 2012, 01:17:28 PM »
So the game sold roughly 500K copies... Or so I've heard. So has Capcom shot themselves in the foot yet again and have oversaturated the market or is the time ripe for a new developer to beat Capcom at their own game?

Speaking for the US since that's really all we know we are so entrenched with Capcom right now that if they fail it will hurt the fighting game market. Probably for a short while, but I'm sure it will scare off any new blood into making a fghting game. Personally I hope KOF XIII will get that much more play if the fighting market dries up for a short while.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 20, 2012, 04:49:40 PM »
Hahaha, no.  But honestly your comment pretty much shows what everyone thinks about Capcom at that point.

They think Capcom puts out one mediocre game, and that will cause everything to go to hell and get other games more play.  What makes people think players won't just ignore the mediocre game and just go back to status quo before it came out?

If SFxT turns out to bomb, which it might...it really won't do anything.  Worst case, Capcom gets less rash putting out FGs, but that's not gonna stop other companies into doing their thing.  There's not that much other new blood that'd want to join the ring and we have a ton of other games to play which we were already playing before.  But if SFxT goes down, KOFXIII isn't gonna get any more play than it is for now, especially since I doubt anyone is playing SFxT RELIGIOUSLY.  No one's a pure SFxT player right now.  If it goes, they just default back to the other game(s) they were playing before it came out.

While people can underestimate Capcom's influence on everything, it seems a lot of people really overestimate their influence.  Regardless of what you think of them, one bad FG from them won't dry up the FG market, nor will it be anything of note if it DID happen.  If Capcom went down now, KOFXIII wouldn't suddenly be the King of Games.  People would still play AE and Marvel 3 and the older Capcom stuff like nothing happened.

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 20, 2012, 08:29:18 PM »
One bad FG from Capcom isn't going to destroy the FGC.  Get a string of bad games from Capcom and that won't do it either.  It might hurt the 2D community to a point but I think most would find other games to play at that point.

People didn't chose this game to get into FGs.  People were either SF, Tekken, or FG fans, it was just another game in the end.  The game was over hyped in my opinion, it couldn't live up to it no matter how good the game could have been.  The fact that all the stuff with DLC happened on top of it just being another FG hasn't helped.   

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 20, 2012, 08:43:06 PM »
It wouldn't hurt at all because we have plenty of 2D games to fall back on, and I'm sure not EVERY company would be putting bad games out.

On the same token, it going down wouldn't help anything either, as much as extreme Capcom haters would like to believe.

In all honesty, it would be a "big deal" for a bit, while there would be celebration and depression in the streets at the same time...then...we'd go back to what we were doing before.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 20, 2012, 08:59:54 PM »
So what's the official ruling on gem usage??? I've seen and heard of some places using it and others banning it...

It's still banned until further notice, because apparently the tourney patch isn't working out.

But yeah, I agree, people overestimate the influence of Capcom on the community. Even if they have a string of failures, people will always fall back on older, better titles. Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution didn't really spell the end of the FGC back then and SFxT won't change that now. People need to stop acting like it's Capcom or nothing. I'm pretty sure they'll find alternatives. And Capcom will have to eventually listen after failure.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 20, 2012, 09:08:22 PM »
And even if they don't, who cares?  We still have their older titles that don't suck.

And yeah, Gems still banned because the Tourney patch still takes a bit too long.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 20, 2012, 09:38:50 PM »
And even if they don't, who cares?  We still have their older titles that don't suck.

That's what I said, look at my post again.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 20, 2012, 09:39:46 PM »
I know what you said, I was reaffirming the point.  You really seem to think very little of me.