Author Topic: [Spoilers] Storyline Discussion  (Read 9845 times)

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
[Spoilers] Storyline Discussion
« on: July 22, 2011, 09:11:59 PM »
Discuss that storyline.

[spoiler]So yeah, since Ash dies at the end of XIII, will Iori regain his firepower in the next game?[/spoiler]
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: [Spoilers] Storyline Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 10:50:48 PM »
[spoiler]SNKP should just pretend that the whole ASH saga (and for the record 2001) was  just a dream from bao who was watching a snow globe with the rose stadium within it

He was sad for the destruction of second south town, but now he is fine

KOF XIV will give us a better ending for the nests saga

That, or well, Iori regains his flames, and through shenanigans ash Somehows comes to life, IMO he really became an amazing character in XI, and in XIII he became one of the most cool characters in XIII, so will be sad to see him go

k' >> ash >>>>>>>> kyo [/spoiler]

Waifu Material

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 10:56:20 PM »
[spoiler] I think the console version of KOFXIII will continue the story of the Arcade version. What will it be about? How to rescue Ash from dissapearing, well that is what I think. [/spoiler]

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 12:46:50 AM »
[spoiler]I was disappointed to see Elisabeth Team (and Ash) being the basically the only ones with a meaningful endings, everything else was lolrandom videos[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Do we need to use the spoiler tag even if there is a "spoiler" warning in the thread title?[/spoiler]

SolidSonicTH

• New Challenger
  • I actually like K' more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 10:34:51 PM »
[spoiler]What was Elisabeth's XI ending referencing when she was talking about her and Ash being employed by someone? I feel like that's might be a lost plot thread.

Also I've worked up a rough outline for how the Dragon Spirit story should play out.[/spoiler]

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 06:40:58 AM »
[spoiler]SNKP should just pretend that the whole ASH saga (and for the record 2001) was  just a dream from bao who was watching a snow globe with the rose stadium within it
 [/spoiler]

[spoiler]No[/spoiler]

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 02:54:10 PM »
What was Elisabeth's XI ending referencing when she was talking about her and Ash being employed by someone? I feel like that's might be a lost plot thread.

It's not lost. It just wasn't gone into detail too much.

The Blanctorche family members are known for protecting the innocent and have vowed to stop Those From The Past as well. Since Ash's family grew up with Elizabeth's in the same mansion, Ash was supposed to be helping with the mission as well. Also, after Elizabeth's mansion mysteriously burned down, she is now the only Blanctorche left.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 02:56:25 PM by Gravelneed »

SolidSonicTH

• New Challenger
  • I actually like K' more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 05:49:45 PM »
If XIV can be a reality, I think Lin needs to come back to move the Dragon Spirit story along. I'd have him team with Duo Lon as a mole. The only other character I could think that would make a good teammate for them would actually be Xiao Lon.

Lin would remain with Duo and Xiao until the end of XV, when he betrays them to align with Ron and eliminate Duo and Xiao.

For XVI, Duo and Xiao would team up with Kensou to finish the Dragon Spirit story and finally confront Ron.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 11:41:26 PM »
Continuing the story conversation of Mature and Vice from he OT3:

Vice and Mature are Dead, so says so in the KOFXIII Iori Team Story. Their sprites also have a "Ghostly" color pallet, making reference to it. If that is not enough, Iori Team ending in XIII has them as ghoslt pictures talking to Iori when he is making the choice in picking up his flames again or not.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 01:39:06 AM »
soooooooooooooo...
if we had a zip-woosh moment where history is reshaped... why does Iori even have to choose whether or not to take the magatama? and if you ask me, a certain someone is hiding in the magatama as well.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 02:48:18 AM »
soooooooooooooo...
if we had a zip-woosh moment where history is reshaped... why does Iori even have to choose whether or not to take the magatama? and if you ask me, a certain someone is hiding in the magatama as well.

Based on Ash Ending in the Arcade version of XIII. The event in which Chizuru and Iori lost their powers still happen, but without Ash been there. As you can see the same scenes with and without Ash in them.

Mature

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 04:52:33 AM »
Continuing the story conversation of Mature and Vice from he OT3:

Vice and Mature are Dead, so says so in the KOFXIII Iori Team Story. Their sprites also have a "Ghostly" color pallet, making reference to it. If that is not enough, Iori Team ending in XIII has them as ghoslt pictures talking to Iori when he is making the choice in picking up his flames again or not.

The spectre pallettes could be taken as seriously as the cosplay ones could be, simply just there to poke fun at their speculated death and disappearance. It also never states in the Yagami Team's story that they were indeed dead.
Also, in their ending I suppose you could interpret their appearances as looking "ghostly"; but we all know ghosts can't physically harm people ~ which they obviously can.
I interpret the ending as Mature and Vice doing their signature "fading into the shadows" as they bid Iori adieu until "the next full moon" which they've done previously.

SNKP stated they were "left for dead" and subsequently went "missing" after Iori's rampage, they most likely purposely keep Mature and Vice shrouded in mystery with Iori saying things like “… What business do dead-like people have with me?” and having their prologue mention that "Vice and Mature, both are supposed to have been killed at Iori’s own hands." It was never officially stated the two had died and there is absolutely no mention of them being resurrected in their KOFXIII stories, just nods to their abilities to appear and disappear at will.

Vice: “Originally we weren’t planning to come out.”
Iori: “Then, why are you here?”
Mature: “Well, I wonder why… Could it be because you were disappointing beyond expectations?”

If they were indeed killed, SNKP would have just outright stated that; which they didn't. So using in-game statements and events, I think it's fairly safe to assume that the two were indeed left for dead -as officially stated- and not actually killed, but simply withdrew until they were needed.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 05:21:46 AM »
Pretty sure I read somewhere that Mature and Vice were really dead but since Orochi was rudely reawakened by Saiki's group, they were resurrected as solid spectres to serve and protect the Orochi himself. Yeah they were left for dead after the events of the '96 tournament, but it was also never officially stated that they survived their injury.

Not only do they have ghostly appearances in KoF XIII, they were also shown as wavering in the Yagami Team ending. While it may be true they might have survived, a huge number of evidences also show that they are indeed dead.

Mature

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 06:00:34 AM »
Nowhere in The King of Fighters XIII does it outright state the two had died or were resurrected or even mentions them as ghosts and/or spectres.

Their prologue states that they decided to return to Iori because of his failure to protect Orochi's power.
Here is the rest of the conversation I posted above:

Iori: “… What are talking about?”
Mature: “After Kagura, it was Yagami’s turn… It seems even you were tricked, weren’t you?  Deceived by that Ash Crimson boy!”
Vice: “And on top of that, it looks like his strange associates are aiming at Orochi’s power. You know, the ones who call themselves 'those from the distant land'”
Iori: “… Whatever, I don’t care”
Mature: “That sure sounds like you. Because, all you ever care about is yourself, right?”
Vice: “However, it does matter to us. We can’t let it happen!”
Mature: “We can’t possibly allow Orochi’s power to be helplessly exposed, now can we?”
Vice: “And that’s why we came back.”

Without any notion of resurrection and the two saying they chose to return, it hardly sounds like they were dead at all.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:38:50 PM by Mature »

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 11:29:22 PM »
I think they are a part of orochi and never really die nor live.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^