Author Topic: NeoGeo Station KOF 95 netcode testing  (Read 18858 times)

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: NeoGeo Station KOF 95 netcode testing
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 12:07:33 PM »
I think they also know where the big money is going to come from release wise. Well...... if any big money is going to come out of close to 20 year old games that anyone can play online for free on supercade can get you.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 01:39:49 AM »
Why would KOF 95 use a different netcode than the other NeoGeo station games? I would have thought they'd all run on the same coding.

Because I told them their netcode fucking sucks so bad that it fucking sucks it fucks.  It fucking sucks so bad that it sucking fucks the sucks of every fuck that ever did suck.  They listened to me.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 02:26:36 AM »
So, I hear that KOF 95 has some amazing netcode. I'm told it's better than Samurai Shodown Sen and NGBC. In fact, I hear it's like 1 frame of lag to play Japanese players.  I'm in Oklahoma City, which is damn near the center of the country. I'd like to get in a few games with players from the 4 corners to test it out. Post your PSN and ID and, once I have enough names, we can figure out a time and day to play.

Oh yeah, I'm playing it Nilcam.  I'm giving everyone the business.  Using my Chin, Ralf and Terry.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 06:07:56 PM »
Just curious. Why is it when everyone feels like they are being  beat down they run straight for Heidern? To each their own, but don't see the fascination with him. Feels like whatever kof game I play of late I see the same pattern. Looking forward to '96 just to see what they run to now.

Update to not waste room: I retract my statement about NGBC being better. Got one sided lag yesterday with a guy from france. A sad day I must say.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:17:38 AM by Mr Bakaboy »

Kusanagi-Style

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 09:10:01 PM »
I just got done playing with some one from down south and the netcode is pretty good.
KOF XIII: Iori/King/Yuri

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 09:37:30 PM »
Just curious. Why is it when everyone feels like they are being  beat down they run straight for Heidern? To each their own, but don't see the fascination with him. Feels like whatever kof game I play of late I see the same pattern. Looking forward to '96 just to see what they run to now.

Update to not waste room: I retract my statement about NGBC being better. Got one sided lag yesterday with a guy from france. A sad day I must say.

Because Heidern is one of the characters that has great defensive abilities, one of the few who can do a real turtle style of fighting, and his projectile is huge which makes it harder to get out of the way.

I use Heidern, but I also use Ralf, Chin, Terry, Clark, Andy and whoever.  But Heidern is an all around reliable fighter to use.

You want to see cheap?  Get Chin down to 10% health, corner your enemy and just keep on blowing fire.  Even the chip damage alone is like 20-30% each time they block the full thing.  They can't jump over it, they can't dodge it, and the only way to escape is a properly timed attack.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 02:36:48 AM »
Actually I like  someone who I played trick with billy's super in the corner. Think I went from 75% to dead in one fell swoop.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 02:53:58 AM »
Actually I like  someone who I played trick with billy's super in the corner. Think I went from 75% to dead in one fell swoop.

What's your PSN?  I'll play anyone who wants to play later tonight if they're available.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 04:29:34 AM »
Will the vita work with the neo geo station?

I will love to play against those with PS3, so maybe the question is if you can had matches between psp and ps3 users

Waifu Material

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 07:59:47 AM »
From what I understood the PSP only did local wifi.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2011, 05:42:30 AM »
Anyone up for 95 let me know I'm always up for games.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2011, 05:55:27 PM »
Anyone up for 95 let me know I'm always up for games.

I'll take you on. Never played much of '95 and it seems like a good time to learn. Just send me a PM or something or say something the DC chat cause I might miss it if you post it here. I also got aim if you wanna message me there: steamwolf
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 06:12:17 PM by steamwolf »

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 06:11:00 AM »
Just played Steam Wolf.

It's surprisingly playable and he's in Florida and I'm in California.  A few hiccups, but otherwise some very nice playable games.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 07:20:10 PM »
Is there a training mode???

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 10:57:58 PM »
Is there a training mode???

No there isn't.  These are bare bones essentially arcade ports from the MVS to the AES.  If you want to practice, get a second player in there and use him as a dummy mode so to say.