Author Topic: Saiki (Pre-release)  (Read 35155 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: Saiki
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 02:59:25 AM »
Well he's got a decent DP, and the D version of it can switch positions

Doesn't it have to land in order to do the teleport?

Yeah...which shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah... from what I've seen, that dp has an incredible hitbox.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 03:01:39 AM »
Not to mention, you shouldn't be doing DPs unless you're sure they're probably gonna land.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 03:48:17 AM »
Not to mention, you shouldn't be doing DPs unless you're sure they're probably gonna land.

see they don't teach you this in the street fighter community (which i'm shamed to say).
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2011, 03:57:34 AM »

see they don't teach you this in the street fighter community (which i'm shamed to say).

That's because of the SFs themselves.  In SF4, you can FADC to safety.  In SF3, if it's not in a combo, you got to worry about getting your ass parried.  In SF2, if you're Ken, Jab DP is relatively safe, beats a shit ton of crap, and builds a decent amount of meter.

Hell, in XIII, Ryo's A DP seems safe enough from what I remember (at least for console, someone can correct me if I'm misinformed) so yeah...
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2011, 04:08:53 AM »

That's because of the SFs themselves.  In SF4, you can FADC to safety.  In SF3, if it's not in a combo, you got to worry about getting your ass parried.  In SF2, if you're Ken, Jab DP is relatively safe, beats a shit ton of crap, and builds a decent amount of meter.

Hell, in XIII, Ryo's A DP seems safe enough from what I remember (at least for console, someone can correct me if I'm misinformed) so yeah...

ryo did get his a dp buffed so you're right

i mean't like if you ever go online you see tons of people just mashing and not even FADCing in sf4.

and as a 3s player i can tell you that the factor of thinking you can parry everything if it isn't safe really lowers your game since you have to take risks at some point ( especially with certain characters like akuma ). and trying to parry everything is also bad since without an amazing amount of skill you're going to get hit blocking is more likely to happen.

however you are right that parrying makes it a bigger risk.

*EDIT since  i have contributed absolutely nothing to this thread about kof, i'm interested in seeing just how useful the teleports will be since it looks pretty nice.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:17:04 AM by darkTown2 »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 04:15:43 AM »
Well yeah, but I'm not gonna talk about noobs doing DPs, noobs will spam everything, that's on them.

And I realize that you shouldn't try and parry everything, I was more referring to jumping in on a Shoto.  And usually there's a little OS in there where you hit forward then hit your normal, if the DP comes out it gets parried, if not, your Jump In Normal comes out.

But people will DP just to DP as long as they can DP.  Trust me, we'll get plenty of it in KOF as well.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2011, 04:22:43 AM »
Well yeah, but I'm not gonna talk about noobs doing DPs, noobs will spam everything, that's on them.

i see 3000pp people online doing this it's not just noobs

so how will that kick move be used for saiki? does the Ex version have a special property to it?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2011, 04:28:20 AM »

i see 3000pp people online doing this it's not just noobs

so how will that kick move be used for saiki? does the Ex version have a special property to it?

Well then I have to see the context of the matches. 

And I'm not that sure on Saiki.  I'm gonna hope someone on the stream really gets in with him.

Siren

• New Challenger
  • I'm sorry, can you make the music louder?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2011, 05:14:50 PM »
I'm liking what I've seen with Saiki, he seems like a great point character. He's a great jack of all trades, great zoning and can do some decent rushdown. I can't wait to crack him open in the lab.
Leona "That chick from high school you liked but thought she might be a lesbian,
or just a ***, she's in the army now..probably a lesbian"Heidern.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2011, 06:36:30 PM »
I'm liking what I've seen with Saiki, he seems like a great point character. He's a great jack of all trades, great zoning and can do some decent rushdown. I can't wait to crack him open in the lab.

Yeah, I'm considering putting him in my team. But I don't know who to take off! I like my Duo Lon/Kula/Iori team!  :(

Siren

• New Challenger
  • I'm sorry, can you make the music louder?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2011, 07:28:14 PM »
Yeah, I'm considering putting him in my team. But I don't know who to take off! I like my Duo Lon/Kula/Iori team!  :(
[/quote]

I wouldn't say you have to take anyone off, but I suggest alternating between Saiki and Duo lon. Their both really good point characters with great pokes and keep away. They both build good meter and don't require much themselves. Like if your duo lon is having issues with a certain character your facing, switch him out with Saiki for your second set and see how you do. That's just my opinion. You could also get away with switching him with Kula if you want to use more meter with him, I could see that functioning really well also.
Leona "That chick from high school you liked but thought she might be a lesbian,
or just a ***, she's in the army now..probably a lesbian"Heidern.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2011, 11:24:30 PM »
I wouldn't say you have to take anyone off, but I suggest alternating between Saiki and Duo lon. Their both really good point characters with great pokes and keep away. They both build good meter and don't require much themselves. Like if your duo lon is having issues with a certain character your facing, switch him out with Saiki for your second set and see how you do. That's just my opinion. You could also get away with switching him with Kula if you want to use more meter with him, I could see that functioning really well also.

That's true. I never considered alternating...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:31:26 PM by marchefelix »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2011, 11:30:36 PM »
Also helps those pesky matchups.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2011, 01:08:55 AM »
Also helps those pesky matchups.

I'm always in the dark about those (and I really don't care about them either)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 01:13:34 AM »
Knowing your matchups will make you a much better player.