Author Topic: Will playing against Very Hard AI help me improve?  (Read 7149 times)

krazykone123

Re: Will playing against Very Hard AI help me improve?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 04:27:21 AM »
That's a great idea! I never knew GGPO!! I researched it when I saw your post... whoahhh.. doesn't it lag? :O

You should be able to get some decent connections against other players located in Asia, I myself had near lagless matches against people as far as Pakistan and even Hong Kong (I live in Pennsylvania). Seriously give it a whirl, it's great.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 04:41:15 AM »
Playing against the A.I. never helps. I remember back in the days of Kaillera and I thought I was good at MVC1 because I could consistently beat Onslaught. I got absolutely butt fucked when playing people online.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 05:37:30 AM »
That's a great idea! I never knew GGPO!! I researched it when I saw your post... whoahhh.. doesn't it lag? :O

You should be able to get some decent connections against other players located in Asia, I myself had near lagless matches against people as far as Pakistan and even Hong Kong (I live in Pennsylvania). Seriously give it a whirl, it's great.
Alright!!! that would be of great help to me!!! I'll download it as soon as my other PC get repaired. the power source got fucked up.. :| stupid AVR! When I get better at this game, let's play! :D
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 04:51:15 PM »
Yeah man one things for sure, fighting human opponents will definitely help increase your yomi and okizeme abilities. The A.I. doesn't necessarily fall for setups or things of that nature. It will only read your inputs, and react to it accordingly. It doesn't even do mixups or things of that nature most of the time. Try to fight an A.I. K' and then fight an actual player who knows K' (they're a dime a dozen online), and you'll see the difference.

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 05:07:16 PM »
Damnnn.... I'm playing with my lil bro now and he hasn't played as long as I did but I can see the difference in difficulty. I can dooo thiisss!
I got a question tho... what's yomi and okizeme... :/

iamGab

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 06:14:25 PM »
Yomi = mind games, strategy, tactics etc

Okizeme = the mixups on a fallen opponent (are you going to hit me low, throw me, cross me up, bait etc)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 06:28:20 PM »
ohhh sorryyyy I'm no japanese dude.. Learned something tho!! I'll definitely improve on that when I get to play on with players! :D

iamGab

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 07:26:02 PM »
ohhh sorryyyy I'm no japanese dude.. Learned something tho!! I'll definitely improve on that when I get to play on with players! :D

Neither am I :) . Those are just some terms that you may tend to hear/read on different fg forums. I play a heavy amount of Tekken and VF5, and those terms (and others like it) tend to pop up all of the time. I should've explained what they were, so my bad on that :(

Is there anybody in your area other than your brother who play fighting games?

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 07:38:59 PM »
damnnn son! :))

Nobody else... There's no decent arcade here in our area... I still have to travel for 2 1/2 hours (motorcycle,bus,train,taxi/jeep) which im not able to do cause I'm helping out in managing my sister's condo business while i'm at break, sad really. :|

iamGab