Author Topic: MMORPGS - "The Fun(Grind) Never Stops"  (Read 23668 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: MMORPGS - "The Fun(Grind) Never Stops"
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 02:37:56 AM »
runescape. anyone? :(

loved this game in middle school

So did a lot of people.  Funny enough, everyone stopped playing after they left middle school.  Doubt it's a coincidence.

Idk, I like RPG's, but I never was one for the MMORPG, though of course my desktop sucks and my laptop isn't exactly top of the line.  Also, never really got the allure.  The Old Republic seems neat though.
from what ive heard from people who played in the beta the only reason the would stay for the story and with out it it more or less would be WoW with lightsabers

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2011, 02:39:06 AM »
Well if I didn't care for the story, I'd be playing other MMO's wouldn't you say?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2011, 02:49:15 AM »
Well if I didn't care for the story, I'd be playing other MMO's wouldn't you say?
well you're right but im not gonna pay 15 bucks a month just for a story in a mmo doesn't matter anyway guild wars 2 will do everything better than SWTOR and that shit is free

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2011, 02:52:42 AM »
well you're right but im not gonna pay 15 bucks a month just for a story in a mmo doesn't matter anyway guild wars 2 will do everything better than SWTOR and that shit is free

Well I'm not gonna pay anything for it as, yet again, I don't really play MMO's.  Just said the Old Republic looks neat.  Nothing more, nothing less.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2011, 01:25:12 AM »
so i started playing final fantasy XIV yesterday i have to say its a pretty fun game at least for right now anyway

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2012, 08:06:43 AM »
You iphone heads ever check out Order and Chaos???

Sure, it's a WoW rip-off, but damn it they did it so well!!! I feel like although it's a clone, it's somehow better... Runes of Magic is pretty dope, too, with the sub-job aspect and all (coming from both Guild Wars and FFXI)... Couldn't get with Allods because of the no auto attack feature, and there's one more I can't think of the name, but it was mad lame...

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2012, 09:04:02 PM »
3 things

1. i went and bought star wars and i take back a lot about what i said about the game im actually really enjoying it

2. quitting ff14 after SE started making everyone pay for it it just got ghost maybe ill give it another try when 2.0 comes out later this year

3. TERA is having sign ups for a upcoming beta now so if you have a good enough pc go sign up for it

cableG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2012, 08:53:25 AM »
Final fantasy is fun.
Pigtail cableare made of high quality materials.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2012, 02:29:07 AM »
I'm still more than likely willing to check out FFXIV once it drops on consoles...

But if this happens, then I won't even care about FFXIV:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02/15/guild-wars-2-console-version-confirmed/

Either way, I'm getting GW2 for the PC, but it would be nice to have a console playable version as well... I'm not biased... I do think it will be a ps3 thing though, but who knows for sure...

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2012, 03:05:46 AM »
guild wars 2 is starting it's beta sign ups everyone get on that shit

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2012, 10:32:42 AM »
I'm trying to get into a new MMO. GW2 looks pretty good but I've never paid for a MMO game. Tera also looks really nice as well but that's p2p also. I'm looking for something f2p but isn't pay to win.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2012, 07:48:19 AM »
I'm trying to get into a new MMO. GW2 looks pretty good but I've never paid for a MMO game. Tera also looks really nice as well but that's p2p also. I'm looking for something f2p but isn't pay to win.
you silly person guild wars 1 and 2 are b2p (buy to play) just buy it and you own it for life of course you still have to buy the expansions

also aion is going f2p in the US soon and it should already be f2p in europe
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:50:03 AM by Xxenace »

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2012, 10:18:48 AM »
Yea I know you have to buy it. I just don't like spending real money on MMOs. I've played Aion in private servers before. In private servers it wasn't a complete game and still isn't from what I've read. I hear more bad than good about the game though in general. I might try it when it goes f2p. If GW2 turns out good I'll give it a try though. Hopefully my PC can handle it.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2012, 10:43:02 AM »
tbh dude the 50-60 bucks you spend on guild wars will be worth it even if the ends up being a buggy mess at least you know you wont have to pay a single cent for it after you pay so in that case you could just uninstall and wait for some fixes then resume when everything is better

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2012, 10:29:32 PM »
Yeah GW is worth it... I'm damn sure getting GW2... NCSoft is actually dedicated to the fans, well at least when it comes to GW fans... Aion and Lineage fans, well--- sucks to be you guys...

Oh if you don't wanna pay, EQ1 is gonna be f2p... I liked that better than EQ2...

There's quite a few f2p titles that are gonna drop real soon... They're not beating GW though, and that's been out for a minute...

Oh yeah, you GW players better start cranking out those quests and titles if you want extra gear in GW2...