Dream Cancel Forum

The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)

Started by Kane317, July 29, 2011, 06:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sibarraz

What's the point of showing a game without controllers?

Waifu Material

SAB-CA

Quote from: AmedoS310 on July 30, 2011, 12:22:47 AM
Back from Otakon...

There were 4 big hdtvs for KOF XIII.

The game was being played on Xbox 360.

There were some problems:

No controllers so it was BOYC... and there random outrages only at the kof xiii section... I hope these changes for the tournament tomorrow...

Cool KOF XIII posters were being passed out. I have two but they got in bad shape on the ride home so i plan to get more tomorrow.

Hehe, I plan to be there tomorrow... 5+ hour drive to get there! Guess I should bring my 360 Joystiq, just in case...

Amedø310

Quote from: sibarraz on July 30, 2011, 12:25:41 AM
What's the point of showing a game without controllers?

smh... well, a lot of the otakon staff and myself had to provide joysticks and good thing i had an xconverter for those sony pad players.... Also, if i heard correct, 1st place prize is a sketch and 2nd place is a mai figurine... for the tournament...

sibarraz

oh sorry, now i get it, I didn't know what BOYC means

I suppose that it's bring oin your controller

Waifu Material

Amedø310

Well, did anyone mention that the characters do a victory taunts like in the old kof games. Like Kyo says his "oh SNK" line... I'm not saying that they have more than 1...

Also, for his neomax, Kyo yells out the same line from his max 2 in KOF 2002UM.

I have a question. Is the Esaka stage not present in the console version at evo? 

Poster: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/Amedo310/100_3786.jpg?t=1311977471

sibarraz

I like more the artwork of that poster and the boxarts than the original poster from KOF XIII

Waifu Material

Amedø310

Quote from: sibarraz on July 30, 2011, 01:17:45 AM
I like more the artwork of that poster and the boxarts than the original poster from KOF XIII

This poster and the 360 cover art were drawn by Hiroaki. The Iori in the poster has the same sinister look as in the kof 2002um promotional art.

Cameos:

Sky Noah: Adel, Rose (both characters appear in different parts of the stage more than once) Rugal and Rodem

Alley: Mr. Big and Karman Cole

Forest: Kain faces off against Kagami, Charlotte

Rose Stadium Rooftop: Hanzo

Kyokugen Dojo: Kasumi along with Marco and Hayate Also, there's a Masutatsu Oyama reference with a poster of Takuma attacking a bull on the left side of the stage.

4leaf

sibarraz

I don't get those victory taunts, didn't those were already on the arcade?

Or I'm confusing with win poses?

Waifu Material

Amedø310

Quote from: sibarraz on July 30, 2011, 02:05:19 AM
I don't get those victory taunts, didn't those were already on the arcade?

Or I'm confusing with win poses?

I'm not sure. It's during in-game after the opponent is K.O. and before the next round starts.

sibarraz

Those had been since XII, unless there are new ones

Waifu Material

SAB-CA

Quote from: AmedoS310 on July 30, 2011, 02:11:48 AM
I'm not sure. It's during in-game after the opponent is K.O. and before the next round starts.

Yes, they were in the arcade, just... people skip them a lot.

Video from Otakon, good way to see some stages and some Vice, K', Billy, etc.

FGF- King of Fighters XIII Console Version Revealed!

WARNING: Kyo Cosplay fanboy alert! Y'know, for anyone who can't stand Otaku playing KoF, lol.

Amedø310

Quote from: SAB-CA on July 30, 2011, 02:22:57 AM
Quote from: AmedoS310 on July 30, 2011, 02:11:48 AM

Yes, they were in the arcade, just... people skip them a lot.

Video from Otakon, good way to see some stages and some Vice, K', Billy, etc.

FGF- King of Fighters XIII Console Version Revealed!

WARNING: Kyo Cosplay fanboy alert! Y'know, for anyone who can't stand Otaku playing KoF, lol.

Shit...  that's no good gameplay by player 1. I know because that was me... and yes that Kyo cosplayer talked too much...

DarKaoZ

Quote from: AmedoS310 on July 30, 2011, 12:42:22 AM
Well, did anyone mention that the characters do a victory taunts like in the old kof games. Like Kyo says his "oh SNK" line... I'm not saying that they have more than 1...

Also, for his neomax, Kyo yells out the same line from his max 2 in KOF 2002UM.

I have a question. Is the Esaka stage not present in the console version at evo? 

Poster: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/Amedo310/100_3786.jpg?t=1311977471

Ok someone get me that poster scanned, I will do a cover for everybody to print. That damn artwork looks awesome!

SAB-CA

:) Who were you playing? I was personaly glad to see some play with KoF knowledge, not just people smashing buttongs and rolling over and over, haha.

Quote from: DarKaoZ on July 30, 2011, 02:26:56 AM
Ok someone get me that poster scanned, I will do a cover for everybody to print. That damn artwork looks awesome!

It is pretty awesome, eh? Looks like the logical next cover art after KoF XII's art. I'm happy with the new ones, but I would have appreciated this one just as much, if not more!