Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 373592 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #1155 on: August 20, 2011, 04:27:07 AM »
Later today or tomorrow we might get some info from Professor, since he is going to the Demostration this 20th. Maybe we will get info of the new characters too.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 20, 2011, 05:03:06 AM »
I'm personally more interested in the variety of things she can do out of it, and the style of it all, than crunching damage numbers and such. Believe they also showed her using it as a juggle starter for Saiha-combos in the corner.

So yeah. My personal excitement is over how versatile a tool it'll be, and how much variation it can add to her gameplay. Especially with this POSSIBLY being a universal change, I'm not one to say it'll make her top tier, or make her K' arcade tier, or any ridiculous knee-jerk reactions of that sort :)
Well, if it was all just about style rather than numbers, Shermie would be top tier in every KOF she's been in, but things didn't quite work out that way *laughs* .

And yeah, I was just trying to keep people from going overboard reacting to what is essentially just somewhat evening out the cast's damage output.  It's just easier to present an argument when you've got someone on the other side to address.  Sorry if I lumped you in with the people saying "Yuri = top tier" undeservingly :)
Old man/bad player

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 20, 2011, 08:12:20 AM »
from 2ch

炎庵 EX闇払いが相手を硬直させる。空中地上問わず。発生は強攻撃から繋がらず。 相手硬直中は闇払いを出せない。
屑風 弱攻撃から繋がる。追撃は遠距離C、6Aが確定。EXはダッシュCが可能。JCからフルコンはいけませんでした。
EX琴は恐らくコマ投げ。移動せずその場で押し倒して爆破。EX葵花は初段しかでなかった…無敵付与かなぁ。
端コンで弱弱⇒弱葵2段目⇒DCEX闇⇒弱葵2段目⇒弱鬼焼き確認。
弱鬼は喰らい判定を残す様で、そこからドライブ葵初段は繋がりました。八稚女最終段⇒ネオマは繋がらず。

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1158 on: August 20, 2011, 08:17:54 AM »
Yup... no idea what that says ^_^ Since it talks at google translate about "eight juvenile females"... is that about EX Iori being playable? (Y'know, with Rage of 8 Maidens / Maiden Masher?)

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 20, 2011, 08:28:05 AM »
Yup... no idea what that says ^_^ Since it talks at google translate about "eight juvenile females"... is that about EX Iori being playable? (Y'know, with Rage of 8 Maidens / Maiden Masher?)
yes,ex iori is playable.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1160 on: August 20, 2011, 08:41:58 AM »
Cool, thanks for confirming :)

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 20, 2011, 08:50:16 AM »
マキシマは3Cが速くなったらしい。ジョーのはれごろーコンボは健在。
ライデンは職人キャラな感じっぽい。K'はみんな選ばないからわからんw
ネオマや超必のダメージが全体的に下がってるかも。ますますEX技の重要性が上がるか…。
まあ、炎庵は葵花やってりゃ良さそう。
リョウは覇王もザンレツも強化されて、良さそうな感じらしい。
テリーは、チェーンコンボのしゃがみCからは特殊技が出なかったらしい。
学ラン京は単なるアナザーカラー的に存在してたけど、荒咬みバージョンとかはないんかな。

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 20, 2011, 08:56:05 AM »
Damn it... why can't Japanese be easy to read? >_<

I will have to wait for someone of the other forums to be kind enough to translate this info.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 20, 2011, 09:07:48 AM »
Again, I have to stress that Japanese quotes devoid of context are NOT reliable sources. We don't know if these are:

1. people playing the console version
2. people commenting on videos of the console version
3. people just speculating

The last one says that the Haregoro stun combo with Joe still works, Maxima's df+C is faster, NM and DM damage is lowered, more emphasis is placed on EX moves, Ryo's zanretsuken is stronger and feels longer, and mentions that school-uniform Kyo feels like just a visual change, without his aragami chains.

But take all of it with a grain of salt. Personally, I'm inclined to wait for the final version of the game, or at least people speaking my native language. :P

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1164 on: August 20, 2011, 10:26:47 AM »
Impressions from Prof on MMC:

This was possibly the worst demo event ever for a fighting game. Quite unorganized, and taking place right next to Club Sega in the main streets-- if you've been to Akiba, you know how congested it gets with pedestrians. In fact, the store clerk started asking SNKP staff to do something about their line because it was long, and sloooow as molassas.

Everyone seems to agree that EX Iori is broken.

The PS3 version, surprisingly, seems better than the 360 version, at least in terms of loading speed. And there's no sound breaking up. However, that might be the TV set's fault rather than the console's since nothing of the kind was reported at Evo or Svb.

I bet they're still fine-turning Iori, but I hope we get to see what makes him so "broken" at this point; if he starts pulling out HD mode style combos + Scum Gale infinites right off the bat, it should be funny to watch XD As long as it doesn't make it into the final!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 20, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »
^ Yeah, I just read the Professor impressions. Sucks that the demonstration was bad.

SNKP needs a better person for PR or something. And I'm not surprised about Flame Iori been broken, but I hope that this "loke test" will help them balance him out a bit.

And it seems that this build was installed on the PS3, since he said the loading times were better than the 360 version. I doubt the PS3 can pull out good loading times, unless they install it or actually optimized.

EDIT: Here are some impressions by Shiranui_ninja, who post here but also at SpekSNK (sorry for stealing your thunder in here lol):

EX Iori was playable, he it's not just a simple reskin, he has his own unique animations and his own winning pose, which is his (lovely) crazy laugh victory pose. His EX dp+P does 3 dps in a row (think of K EX dp+P, but instead of 2 he does 3), without a doubt he seem powerful and people couldn't wait to get their hands on him. Mai EX DM can be done in air (reconfirming) and her B>D is not a noncancelable target combo. Ash seems to be sporting a new winning pose against Saiki.

The was around 1 hr of line and they only let you play Arcade mode on EASY, they also gave you a Plastic Sleeve for your game, just as shown in the blog. They also give the "infamous green blob" flyer to everyone who went. The game has a really good filter that almost eliminates the pixels, but it could be the TV though.

Left his personal impressions, but I bet he will want to post that in here.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 11:17:40 AM by DarKaoZ »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 20, 2011, 01:58:53 PM »
http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/4CcrRVONyVsD

Freeplay console atm, tournament soon, with one game as a trophy.

Frionel said it will be a surprise while the tournament... marketing ;_;
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 02:00:47 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 20, 2011, 02:01:51 PM »
Kinda OT but... you know how there was a price drop for the PS3 a couple of days back? Well, shortly after the drop, Best Buy changed the price on their site and made an error, they dropped the price $100 instead of $50. Guess who grabbed one during that short window of fortune?

You PSN gals better watch out.

Back OT, I understand they want to give incentive for people to buy the EX characters but I really hope they go back and rebalance them once they have had enough sales.

Only balance and netcode stand in the way of "best fighting of all time" for me with this game.

Belegorm

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 20, 2011, 02:13:31 PM »
Kinda OT but... you know how there was a price drop for the PS3 a couple of days back? Well, shortly after the drop, Best Buy changed the price on their site and made an error, they dropped the price $100 instead of $50. Guess who grabbed one during that short window of fortune?

You PSN gals better watch out.

Back OT, I understand they want to give incentive for people to buy the EX characters but I really hope they go back and rebalance them once they have had enough sales.

Only balance and netcode stand in the way of "best fighting of all time" for me with this game.

There's no way in hell they'll leave the ex chars broken.

I really hope the ps3 version does well; one reason I chose it over the 360 was because it's the tournament standard for FG's, if this version was worse than the other I'd just be sad.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 20, 2011, 03:17:30 PM »

It's obly Eiji at the right, but i dunno, may be rock at the left side.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 03:19:22 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo