Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 374139 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Toxico's translation of the new blog post, via MMC:

=Final part=

Well well, after the report of the pubic demonstration of the game, let's continue with our review of the stages!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. パオパオカフェ(Pao Pao Cafe)

[pic of Billy]

Which iteration of Pao Pao Cafe are we speaking of?

Yamamoto P : The first one.
Just as in Garou 1 the inner place is quite loud, the second floor is also completely filled with costumers; do you believe that does mean that the business is still going strong?

[Richard pic]

What's the stage BGM that we would hear in this place?

Yamamoto P : Halemaa-Kyou Capoeire-ha tatakai no uta (Believe that we would reuse it) (T : ハレマー教カポエレ派戦いの歌 , Richard's FF1 song), would be; however KoF XIII BGM is dependent of the character and not the stage, however I believe that many fans of the company will support this (T: kinda half unsure about the whole paragraph).

Are there characters hidden in the background?

Yamamoto P : But of course there are. Because there is not a lack of people, please try to attently find where they are. In this stage there are just 2 people, where could they be..?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6. スカイノア(Sky Noah)

[pic of Saiki]

The Stage concept is?

Yamamoto P : It's the Sky Noah 2003 stage. You can compare them and understand about the stage perfectly. We can see that the black panther Guan has grown up quite nicely.

[pic of 2003]

Any note worthy point?

Yamamoto P : Rose changes her behavior with every round.
In 2003 she only got the chance to play the piano, but now she can also have the chance of drinking black tea. Now there are five rounds for her to take activity, so please take notice.
Just as when Rose becomes completely angry, what could have possibly caused that...?
Also please take notice of Rose costume design. The idea of it came from something that is shown to the public.

7. 極限流道場(Kyokugenryu Dojo)

[Kyori pic]

The kid with glasses from Marco's ending in MotW can be spotted here, does this mean that there is a dojo branched stretched out there in Brazil?

Yamamoto P : Exactly, the dojo references exactly the one that was shown in that ending in MotW

[Marco ending pic (inside)]

[Marco ending pic (outside)]

If one notices closely, there are some patching up done to the destroyed, beaten up floor; what kind of harsh management conditions are those?

Yamamoto P : The stage also has marks of broken glass windows. The stage pretty much gives the idea about what the management conditions that is run in.
But that also kinda shows the amount of blood and sweat where put into that place... Who wouldn't agree?

Is there a mustached children character near the middle? What kind of kid is that?

Yamamoto P : No, that's and old man who looks like a kid. The perfect circle that are formed in his eyes show nicely when he is nervous.
※BTW we have adjusted some of the colors in his mustache to give him a sense of nice style.

What character have been hidden in the background?

Yamamoto P : Eiji, Kasumi, Malin, Hayate. XI's Anti Kyokugen team have apparently dropped by to check how their enemy team is doing.
Hayate appears quite solemn as if he is trying to incorporate something of the Kyokugen that he is seeing into his Fuu'un Ken Karate.

8. 遺跡(Ancient Ruins)
( T : 遺跡 (Iseki) -> Ancient Ruins, Relics, Remains)

[Clark pic]

Total Desert wilderness. The sight of one person can not be seen.
This stage is also quite tasteful, have you created something special to give a special feeling to the stage?

Yamamoto P : Many articles and photos where used as references mainly with the inspiration of the ディライーヤ of Saudi Arabia.
Since there are already many locations with residences, house and night time scenery we tried to focus for this stage the feeling of a clean, sunny deserted location.

Is there truly no character hidden in the background here?

Yamamoto P : Now, is it? If there are or there aren't please be sure to check that while playing.

And with that we finish the second round of the stage review.
Please, once you are playing do your best to find all of the characters hidden.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I'm surprised they didn't mentioned KOF2000 desert stage, I mean, this one seems to be an HD version of it to some extend.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
i want the beach stage back from 02 um

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
Btw thinking any other company would handle KOF better than SNKP is crazy

1.SNK is long lost gone.. playmore is not SNK
2. Most of the programers and old staff are at Dimps and Acsys.
3.Those 2 companies can make way better/successful games than playmore ever did - fact
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:58:30 AM by KBlackNoah »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Btw thinking any other company would handle KOF better than SNKP is crazy

1.SNK is long lost gone.. playmore is not SNK
2. Most of the programers and old staff are at Dimps and Acsys.
3.Those 2 companies can make way better/successful games than playmore ever did - fact

I wouldn't call Blazblue a better game than XIII. Either way it goes, any other company would just backburner KoF since they want their own original product to do well. Only people who have nothing in the genre would bandwagon (Atlus) onto a franchise.

You can say they would do better as publishers, and on a statistical scale, you could be right. Would it have been likely to be a successful launch under the hands of people who are openly competitive in the market with this game? Absolutely not and it'd be ludicrous to think otherwise. Stats are fine, but reality is the fact, it'd have sank like the Titanic if any other company published KoF.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
Would it have been likely to be a successful launch under the hands of people who are openly competitive in the market with this game?

I didn t said to give it to both companies.Either Dimps or Arcsys.Playmore can work something with Dimps for sure.Dimps also made SNK vs Capcom on the NGPC and they mostly are a developing company.I would like to see at least a kof game with Dimps as a co developer.
In the case of Arcsys i think they must sell the license because like you said it's absurd... but i think they can work it out if they find a good and profitable reason to do so.... and when it comes to money everything is possible these days.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
@KBlackNoah:  I gotta disagree with you on this. SNKP may not be the same as the the original SNK but they still make some damn good games (KOF XI and NGBC for example). Also, judging by my experience with XIII so far, I would have to say that XIII is a far better fighter than either Dimps or Arc Systems has ever made (guilty gear series possible exception).

You should also remember that just because former SNK employees work for these companies it doesn't mean these developers are a good fit for KOF. The types of games they make differ greatly from what SNKP makes. There is no telling what direction they would take KOF in (take arc system's "Hard Corps: Uprising" for example. It's a good game, but it is a great deal different from what fans felt a contra game should be).

Bottom line is KOF XIII kicks some serious ass. SNKP has come a long way in fixing the mistake that was KOF XII. I don't think they are going to choke at the last minute.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:19:17 PM by MetalThrashingMadman »

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
@KBlackNoah:  I gotta disagree with you on this. SNKP may not be the same as the the original SNK but they still make some damn good games (KOF XI and NGBC for example). Also, judging by my experience with XIII so far, I would have to say that XIII is a far better fighter than either Dimps or Arc Systems has ever made (guilty gear series possible exception).

You should also remember that just because former SNK employees work for these companies it doesn't mean these developers are a good fit for KOF. The types of games they make differ greatly from what SNKP makes. There is no telling what direction they would take KOF in (take arc system's "Hard Corps: Uprising" for example. It's a good game, but it is a great deal different from what fans felt a contra game should be).

Bottom line is KOF XIII kicks some serious ass. SNKP has come a long way in fixing the mistake that was KOF XII. I don't think they are going to choke at the last minute.

You contradict yourself... basically you are saying that the old staff at snk cannot make a good kof game?Those 2 companies have made most of the successful games today.Playmore hasn't made a successful game in a very long time.KOF XI and NGBC are decent but nothing special.Playmore is just milking what snk left behind.SNk used to be creative and innovative... playmore is nothing like that.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

You contradict yourself... basically you are saying that the old staff at snk cannot make a good kof game?Those 2 companies have made most of the successful games today.Playmore hasn't made a successful game in a very long time.KOF XI and NGBC are decent but nothing special.Playmore is just milking what snk left behind.SNk used to be creative and innovative... playmore is nothing like that.

I am most certainly not contradicting myself. You clearly misunderstand what I'm trying to say. I'll try to explain better after I get home from work. Using a phone to post is tiresome.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
This conversation is interesting and all, but isn't it a little premature to talk about who's best suited for making a new KOF game when we haven't even seen the final version of the current one?
Old man/bad player

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
This conversation is interesting and all, but isn't it a little premature to talk about who's best suited for making a new KOF game when we haven't even seen the final version of the current one?

Meh .. it was getting boring here anyways.Still we are getting the arcade game + a few new characters/stages and some rebalancing...and personally after playing XIII arcade i was expecting something else.It's a good game but it will wear out soon (in maybe 2-3 weeks it will be dead if it has bad online, with good online it might last a year or so ..maybe a bit more in some regions).I get more fun from 2002 um ( the only problem that 2002um has is the outadated graphics that are not so appealing to gamers today).Side from that it's 10 times better than xiii - my opinion.

@MetalThrashingMadman

ok

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:42:08 PM by KBlackNoah »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Still we are getting the arcade game + a few new characters/stages and some rebalancing...and personally after playing XIII arcade i was expecting something else.It's a good game but it will wear out soon (in maybe 2-3 weeks it will be dead if it has bad online, with good online it might last a year or so ..maybe a bit more in some regions).I get more fun from 2002 um ( the only problem that 2002um has is the outadated graphics that are not so appealing to gamers today).Side from that it's 10 times better than xiii - my opinion.

Buf... I couldn't disagree more. Some months before you were dying like all of us to have even a simple port for consoles of arcade version and now, after all that has been announced, you are saying this "Still we are getting the arcade game + a few new characters/stages and some rebalancing...and personally after playing XIII arcade i was expecting something else".

Dump killed all your hype, right? Because you are sounding like "Meh, I'm tired of playing arcade version in my PC and console version will be just the same but with some few chances...". Sad, really sad.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
The extras are fine, maybe they focused to much on story mode new stages or other things, but considering that those are things that more casual gamers are more worried than 100% new redrawn sprites, well, theu maybe made a a decent package

At least we are getting the game, the best is start to bitch until the game is released, I defended XII until it was released, played it, and then started to criticizing it

Waifu Material

JoeJustice

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Well at first glance I would've thought that KBlackNoah was going a little too far with his criticism of KOF XIII, but when you look back at SNKP's track record I've had my doubts as well. SNKP has let me down probably more than any other company has. Specifically when they....

- Left horrendous slowdown in the PS1 release of KOF 95.
- Decided to censor LB2 for DC for no apparent reason, and left sound glitches in the game to add insult to injury.
- Let Garou for DC ship with bizzare sound glitches.
- Promised us they'd fix KOF XII's netcode and left it a mess.
- Had a half-assed port of Garou for XBL with terrible netcode.
- Released Samurai Showdown Sen... Really?!
- Don't bother to go back and fix the netcode for their other games when NGBC has near perfect netcode.

Of course, that's not to  say I hate me some SNK. I don't. I love the games that I have, even though a lot of them are flawed in ways they shouldn't be. With all indications though, KOF XIII looks to be a home run. After the things they've pulled though, the best I'll give them is cautious optimism. Who knows which point of view will turn out right.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
Dump killed all your hype, right? Because you are sounding like "Meh, I'm tired of playing arcade version in my PC and console version will be just the same but with some few chances...". Sad, really sad.

I didn't said anything about the dump.After playing KOF XIII arcade version comparing it with 2002um i made a conclusion.that is all.I can t wait to get console version and maybe i will change my opinion but as of now this is an ok game but nothing like a "home run", "boom", "wow" game.I know one thing for sure... if i will find any good competition online (if online will be at least sf4 standard) i will stick with it - but europe is pretty ass at kof..so we will see

The only thing that will determine me to make peace with playmore is them releasing 98 fe and 2002 fe with the clasic 98 and 2002 as a bonus on a disc with ggpo netcode - 50-60 $ and i will be their fanboy forever! LOL
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:55:28 PM by KBlackNoah »