Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 374147 times)

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
@KBlackNoah:  I gotta disagree with you on this. SNKP may not be the same as the the original SNK but they still make some damn good games (KOF XI and NGBC for example). Also, judging by my experience with XIII so far, I would have to say that XIII is a far better fighter than either Dimps or Arc Systems has ever made (guilty gear series possible exception).

You should also remember that just because former SNK employees work for these companies it doesn't mean these developers are a good fit for KOF. The types of games they make differ greatly from what SNKP makes. There is no telling what direction they would take KOF in (take arc system's "Hard Corps: Uprising" for example. It's a good game, but it is a great deal different from what fans felt a contra game should be).

Bottom line is KOF XIII kicks some serious ass. SNKP has come a long way in fixing the mistake that was KOF XII. I don't think they are going to choke at the last minute.

You contradict yourself... basically you are saying that the old staff at snk cannot make a good kof game?Those 2 companies have made most of the successful games today.Playmore hasn't made a successful game in a very long time.KOF XI and NGBC are decent but nothing special.Playmore is just milking what snk left behind.SNk used to be creative and innovative... playmore is nothing like that.

After looking over my previous post I really can't see how you misunderstood it. I spoke as plainly as I could, but I guess it wasn't good enough.

I'm not saying that Arc System Works and Dimps can't make a good KOF. What I am saying is just because some of the old SNK staff are there it does not mean that they will turn out the KOF that you want (what ever that is). We have no earthly idea what their versions of KOF would be like.

I don't expect you to agree with my opinion. But hopefully you now at least understand what my opinion is.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
I don't expect you to agree with my opinion. But hopefully you now at least understand what my opinion is.

I respect your point of view ... i can't really disagree because we are talking mostly nonsense based on personal preferences.we cool
Serious stuff after the console version is released.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Yeah, I posted that a while ago on the Samurai Spirit Rumor topic, but nobody visits that part of the forum that often. lol

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1056.msg25490#new

My hope for KOFXIII story mode looking like that are getting higher.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Animation handeled by Madhouse. Cool!

So close to being a modern-day take on the old Samurai Shodown OVA/movie from the 90s, lol.

I have to say... I kinda like their updated designs. If such made it into a game, I'm sure those who are not fans of "roided" Ralf and Clark, would appreciate the fairly normal-strong-guy look of Haoumarou here.

The whole thing was a fun little romp, I'd watch it as an OVA, heh heh.

But beyond that diversion, lets see when we get the next new piece of XIII info... PAX this weekend? SNKP? Character move trailers and US website update? Rising Star? Hmmm...

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
But beyond that diversion, lets see when we get the next new piece of XIII info... PAX this weekend? SNKP? Character move trailers and US website update? Rising Star? Hmmm...
Yep, let's see. I guess from PAX we are not going to get anything new besides tons of gameplay videos of the game and I guess with EX Iori aviable. Or at least I hope it, it would be fine to keep the hype. But I'm not expecting something really new till TGS, on 15-18 septmeber.

I would like to have new characters for KOF-i. They said it will be 6 free DLC chars for the game worthy to wait for. I guess one of them will be EX Iori, but I don't about the rest.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Animation handeled by Madhouse. Cool!

So close to being a modern-day take on the old Samurai Shodown OVA/movie from the 90s, lol.

So probably, Madhouse is handling the Animation for KOF XIII's opening and/or anime cutscenes in Story Mode. So by looking at this image from the KOF XIII trailer, it is probably done by Madhouse:

I'd also laugh if the Anime Cutscenes (If there are any) in Story Mode have voice overs in comparison to the Animations from the Arcade Version.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

Moebius

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Mobrule deviantart
Nah, that's just Ash he's not interested in fighting.

BustMode edit: Damn they have a lot of money to put into pachinko games. That thing looks nice, even has an opening.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:20:52 PM by Moebius »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Nah, that's just Ash he's not interested in fighting.
yeah i agree lol

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I think the "bug" is not Ash, is AI Maxima hitting again and again Light punch. But it doesn't look like a bug to me, just some kind of stupid AI in easy mode probably.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile

I hope this is one way!?...the SNKP is telling us, that they maybe working in a new HD Samurai Showdown game. They need to start thinking about bringing something new to the table especially to the arcade, now that XIII is coming Home in to  two months, damn they make me want to play a Pachinko game.
Xbox live: Chipymax

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I know it's late, but I just wanted to chime in on the SNKPlaymore debate.

I'd argue that the only classic SNK KOF to stand the test of time has been 98. That's ONE game. Eolith gave us 2002. SNKP has given us 98UM, 2002UM, XI and XIII. And while they're less popular, I would also consider KOF MI2/MIA and KOF XII as among my favorites.

So I challenge the assertion that classic SNK was somehow better at making KOF than SNKP.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Haunts from iplaywinner is saying that KOFXIII is not at PAX?

WTF?