Author Topic: Safe Jumps and Option Selects  (Read 3013 times)

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Safe Jumps and Option Selects
« on: August 18, 2011, 08:28:52 PM »
Hey I was wondering if there are any relevant safe jumps and/or option selects in KoF13, similar to SF4? does any character have a wakeup uppercut that cannot be safe jumped assuming the correct timing?
In it to win it!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Jumps and Option Selects
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 12:20:54 AM »
Well, for Kula, her c.C is really fast so you could hold back and hit C to see if you can get them. Most weak DP moves are as fast as her close C, but an EX DP is even faster. In terms of frames, Kula's EX DP has 3 frames, her strong DP has 4 frame start up, and her close C has 4 frame start up.

I don't know the frame data for safe jumping/hopping, but if it's -4 or slower before you hit the ground, you can poke them with any of these moves.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:22:58 AM by Reiki.Kito »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 04:48:00 AM »
....Maybe Ryo's since it's an instant...

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 09:57:50 PM »
yeah i guess knowing how many frames jumping/landing is would be kinda essential. anyone know?
In it to win it!

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 07:15:30 PM »
Hey I was wondering if there are any relevant safe jumps and/or option selects in KoF13, similar to SF4? does any character have a wakeup uppercut that cannot be safe jumped assuming the correct timing?

As far as option selects go, I think there are some throw break option selects, but I believe those vary per character, and some might not have any at all. Desmond Delaghetto was looking into this, he might have some info about that, I'm not sure though.

I believe Ryo's dp is anti safe jump in. It comes out quick, and has good priority. Does anyone know if Ash's flash kick, and Robert's dp are anti safe jump in?

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »
You can probably still do the old air throw option select with the few characters to have one.  j.AC+direction gives air throw if in range or j.A otherwise.  Could probably do j.C~D+direction as well to OS between air throw or j.CD.

Drive cancels only work on hit, so that's like an option select, although the only way to really exploit it would be if you do something that's safe on block and OS a drive cancel into something that can be followed for good damage (or that does nice enough damage by itself to use up a drive cancel).

Edit: Should be obvious, but I guess in the interest of listing everything, normal throw automatically OS's with cl.C/D if your opponent jumps (or does something throw-invincible) and air throw automatically OS's with j.C/D.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 10:52:17 PM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 09:58:14 PM »

legit safe jump?
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 02:11:56 AM »
I think that was just Elizabeth jumping past where the hitbox is on Ash's flashkick, and then the crossup hitbox j.B caught him.  More like a well-spaced jump than a safe jump (I'm assuming that we're all defining a "safe jump" as a jump-in attack timed so that you can land and block if your opponent tries an invincible reversal on wake-up).
Old man/bad player

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 06:37:45 PM »
Ash used a D flashkick which starts on something like 8 frames.

B/Ex version starts in 3 (Ex has something like 5-6 invincibility frames).

You can easily "safe jump" easily Ryo or K' dp A because they aren't invincible and their hitbox aren't that great so you can trade with them and it will be on your avantage because of the low damages of those moves. But cou can't trully safe jump them because the start up is to quick to let you land.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 06:49:28 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo