Author Topic: /wave  (Read 2551 times)

vapirix

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
/wave
« on: August 28, 2011, 07:14:56 PM »
Hello, everybody. I'm a Chicago player (near downtown). I'm joining ever-so-slightly ahead of the rush of KOF XIII players. I've dabbled inconsistently with KOF games, mostly the 2000 era, but I was never any good at them... too focused on SF3. I'm not in love with SF4 like I thought I was, and blazBlue's gameplay has started to irritate me just with the silly almost scripted nature of some of the fights. I'm going to be putting some time into getting my chops up in this game, since it all feels entirely alien and I play like a monster scrub. I'm barely capable of jump in -> BnB right now, just because all of the timing feels so strange. =) I'll get there, though. I think this game might be my new home for a while, because I'm really digging the way the mechanics work and I've always loved the characters of the KOF world. Now I'm off to the Chicago thread.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: /wave
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 03:04:38 AM »
Welcome to DC.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 01:41:28 PM »
Welcome to DC! Tons of information you can pick up through videos that are posted in threads.. Not to mention friendly people who will give out pointers/tips. KOF 13 is coming without any disappointments!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:11:57 PM »
Welcome to DC, Looks like the ChiTown KOF scene is growing stronger.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 06:06:04 AM »
Never too late to learn XIII Vaprix.  With the way console XIII is shaping up we expect an explosion of players so you'll most likely be way ahead of the curve.  Don't hesitate to ask questions and welcome to DC.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 06:17:38 AM »
welcome

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 06:22:49 PM »
Welcome to DC :)

I know what you mean about BB's gameplay feeling scripted.  Fortunately, the flexibility of KOF's play tends to prevent that from happening.  Good luck with the Chicago scene!
Old man/bad player

AcidGlow

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • AcidGlow's YouTube
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 07:18:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum