Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

The Persona 4: The Ultimata in Mayonaka Arena Thread

Started by sibarraz, August 31, 2011, 04:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saitsuofleaves

On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

Guess Satsu beat me to it. But real talk. Mitsuru is the best. She's the easiest to learn, she's got braindead easy combos and her normals have great range and priority. She's impossibly cheezy and good. Though Chie has been getting better by knockdown and the use of 5D on you opponent's wakeup. Gives her a free mixup every time.

So far this is what the tier list looks like:

S+: Mitsuru, Chie
S: Kanji
A: Yu, Yousuke, Elizabeth, Teddie
A-: Akihiko
B: Naoto, Aegis*
C: Yukiko, Labrys (Both)

Saitsuofleaves

On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

I knew I forgot someone.

EDIT: Big * on Aegis. She's really good, but she takes a lot of work in a game that is easy to learn.

BioBooster

Pretty convincing he could hang. Thx for the vid Saitsu.

Didn't realize Mitsuru was considered top. Like the chr fo sho.

baccano1932

Quote from: Proto Cloud on May 16, 2012, 08:42:25 PM
Guess Satsu beat me to it. But real talk. Mitsuru is the best. She's the easiest to learn, she's got braindead easy combos and her normals have great range and priority. She's impossibly cheezy and good. Though Chie has been getting better by knockdown and the use of 5D on you opponent's wakeup. Gives her a free mixup every time.

So far this is what the tier list looks like:

S+: Mitsuru, Chie
S: Kanji
A: Yu, Yousuke, Elizabeth, Teddie
A-: Akihiko
B: Naoto, Aegis*
C: Yukiko, Labrys (Both)

Where did you get this tier list from? 'cus this is fairly different from the recent lists i've seen as well as from my own personal opinion.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Proto Cloud

Tier lists vary from the Arcadia, to Dustloop, to Midnight Arena to Japanese arcade. Lots of players make up bullshit on their characters to keep them tops. I know the truth. Trust me on this. ;)

Saitsuofleaves

Well from watching a couple more vids, I do like some of the subtle things they do like the combo counter having a small bar underneath basically showing the hitstun and how long before your combo drops.

sibarraz

Waifu Material

Delta

Aw yeah, playing P3FES and i like what i'm playing, just got through the first floor of you know what tower.
Just in case i'll try to avoid this thread to avoid potential spoilers from P4 Arena screens/videos/etc, like characters, moves, powers and that stuff.

Thank you fellas for the go-play-persona advise.

Proto Cloud

As for P3, much of the stuff isn't really all that spoilerific in terms of what's in game. Unless we put up stuff on story mode you aren't hurting yourself too bad. It's P4 that you need to worry about because there's a lot of little things that ruin the character development in there. (There's two characters in particular that I can think of that have some spoilerific actions)

Quote from: sibarraz on May 17, 2012, 08:02:57 PM
Is yukiko that bad?
Not really, she's got a very solid zoning game and a corner unblockable, but she's got pathetic health. A lot of players are much better off with either Naoto or Elizabeth. Since they have better options for having lower health and more damage.

Saitsuofleaves

Saitsuofleaves

Xxenace

Saitsuofleaves

Quote from: Xxenace on May 22, 2012, 04:54:28 AM
because you only want attention

If I don't, then it's more obvious for new people to notice your horrible existence.