Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

The Persona 4: The Ultimata in Mayonaka Arena Thread

Started by sibarraz, August 31, 2011, 04:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saitsuofleaves

Yeah that's a problem...my PS2 hasn't exactly been...cooperative with me lately.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

Can't you get a slim for 20 bucks at a pawn shop now? I got mine 2 years ago.

Saitsuofleaves

Quote from: Proto Cloud on May 13, 2012, 05:28:51 AM

I'm really in no mood to by a 3rd PS2 just for P3 and 4.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

Quote from: Delta on May 13, 2012, 04:48:42 AM
Quote from: Xxenace on May 12, 2012, 11:18:54 PM
still think people should at least look up some info about P3-4 at least so they wont sound ignorant about it

Thinking the same, that's why i will try to play P3 and P4 before trying this game.

1 question tho: how good is the English voice act in P3? I already got the undub iso game to play on a PS2 emulator, but i am seriously thinking about buying it from the PS Store. So far i know the game (like all PS2 games from PSN) must be an exact copy of the original PS2 game, and that version only had English voices methinks.
it's pretty good the only one character has a bit of a problem (Fuuka)

Proto Cloud

^^ Yeah, pretty much. Even then, I got over Fuuka. Overall it's actually really good. Especially Aegis, her voiceactor was spectacular.

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on May 13, 2012, 05:43:47 AM

You'd buy it, because there's still a metric shitton of great games on the system. I can probably name at least 10 great games you haven't played on it.

Xxenace

Quote from: Proto Cloud on May 13, 2012, 08:17:53 AM
^^ Yeah, pretty much. Even then, I got over Fuuka. Overall it's actually really good. Especially Aegis, her voiceactor was spectacular.

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on May 13, 2012, 05:43:47 AM

You'd buy it, because there's still a metric shitton of great games on the system. I can probably name at least 10 great games you haven't played on it.

i need to see this list cuz proto plays such awesome games

Proto Cloud

1. Godhand
2. Yanya Caballista: City Skater
3. Okami
4. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
5. Silent Hill 2
6. Fatal Frame 2
7. Dark Cloud 2
8. Dragon Quest VIII
9. King's Field
10.Viewtiful Joe
11. Suikoden III
12. Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams

sibarraz

How many hours take to beat persona 3 and 4?

I could ask for a friend to give me his PS2 for a month or two, but since I'm in college, I don't had that much time either

Waifu Material

Delta

^--You forgot Mister Mosquito, so fail list.

I'd read the main problem with P3 PSN version is a nasty glitch that causes some errors with the save files, so far the only solution seems it's to save in more than 1 slot, like 3 or more saves at the same time. That and try to use a USB memory to make backups of such files.

Which makes me wonder if it's possible to patch PS2 games downloaded from the Store.

Xxenace

Quote from: Proto Cloud on May 13, 2012, 08:47:22 AM
1. Godhand
2. Yanya Caballista: City Skater
3. Okami
4. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
5. Silent Hill 2
6. Fatal Frame 2
7. Dark Cloud 2
8. Dragon Quest VIII
9. King's Field
10.Viewtiful Joe
11. Suikoden III
12. Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
1.played
2.played
3.played
4.played
5.played but wont play again
6.played but wont play again
7.played
8. dat jessica
9. never played
10.played the shit out of
11.never played
12. played

Xxenace

Quote from: Delta on May 13, 2012, 08:55:57 AM
^--You forgot Mister Mosquito, so fail list.

I'd read the main problem with P3 PSN version is a nasty glitch that causes some errors with the save files, so far the only solution seems it's to save in more than 1 slot, like 3 or more saves at the same time. That and try to use a USB memory to make backups of such files.

Which makes me wonder if it's possible to patch PS2 games downloaded from the Store.
dont think it's possible afaik

Proto Cloud

^^ It should be possible, but that's Sony's fault since they're in charge of PS2 Classics and their emulation.

Quote from: sibarraz on May 13, 2012, 08:55:45 AM
How many hours take to beat persona 3 and 4?

I could ask for a friend to give me his PS2 for a month or two, but since I'm in college, I don't had that much time either

I put 137 hours into P3FES and 42 into the epilogue. Which astounds me because I've never put that much time into a game...damn.

I guess if you don't dawdle as much as I did and max out everything you could feasibly beat the main game in 100. and the epilogue in 40. So yeah, not a good game to beat with little time.

I then beat P4 in 98 and with less goofing off you could do that in 80-85 which is better. But yeah, you'll have to devote quite a few hours if you want to nail that in a month or two.

Quote from: Xxenace on May 13, 2012, 09:14:53 AM
1.played
2.played
3.played
4.played
5.played but wont play again
6.played but wont play again
7.played
8. dat jessica
9. never played
10.played the shit out of
11.never played
12. played

You should try King's Field on there. It's basically the predecessor of Demon's/Dark Souls.

Xxenace

ill give it a try i guess my ps2 is moded so all i have to do is find the game on the net

Proto Cloud

One caveat though. You gotta like first person dungeon crawls, because if not, it's not for you.

Saitsuofleaves

Well I just got through an hour of A-cho P4U play...