Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364691 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #765 on: September 28, 2011, 10:59:22 PM »
Don't take Noah seriously. It's likely for attention.

Though, it isn't surprising the more irrational people in the world would do this. It is a sad thing, but we can only hope the finished product is worth the wait.

Meh, well the people could indeed be worse.  They could be entrenched in the war that is Generic FPS vs. Generic FPS that is going on right now.

I don't mind the wait for KOFXIII...it'll give me more time to Gamefly the hell out of games I've missed or practice up on other FGs to be ready for NEC.  I'm just worried at MOST about lack of practice time, because I'll have a grand total of two weeks to learn three characters I've admittedly never touched, and I still don't know who my third character (who will be my point) will be...
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 28, 2011, 11:27:58 PM »
Will be weird to not include spectator mode considering that XII already had it (I think)

Just include it because people like it, if you don't want delay, just make a room private or only with 1 slot, problem solved

Waifu Material

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #767 on: September 28, 2011, 11:30:44 PM »
As reason for the delay, SNK Playmore said that it wants to deliver a better product to players.

and pigs fly.

i just canceled my preorder.gonna buy it used if i remember this game exists or if it even gets released.Great job playmore and keep up the good work as always!

Are you serious?  You're gonna cancel your preorder because they decided to hold off for one month to deliver a superior product?  Would you prefer they release it earlier, have something be crappy and wait on patches constantly?

Them releasing the game later is more of a detriment to SNKP than it is to us as a player base.  Those who want the game get a better product, SNKP and Atlus get less sales due to when they're releasing the game.  If they chose to move it back, I'm gonna assume it was for a damn good reason, especially considering how much is riding on the success on this game.

Also...hey, at least we GOT a new release date.  Most developers and publishers who delay games don't give us a solid release date (Looks at Valve...why do they hurt me so?).

If it for some reason gets delayed again, then we can all duck into the storm shelters.  But it seems trivial unless there's another game you really want to buy in November.

Playmore hasn't released any quality products only some decent ones.The only reason it got delayed is because playmore surely wanted to rush it like they did with XII (just look at that how fucked up that beta was - i think the final product was something like that) but Atlus knows that a fucked up game can damage their image so they said clean this mess or fuck off (no one delays a game for spectator mode when they can patch it later in the game).I will get the game used for like 20-30 $ because i will not support those idiots at playmore.My opinion and option.I preordered this over batman arkham city but playmore didn t want my moneys.another 2 months = i already preordered batman Arkham city, bf3, mw3 ...maybe umvc 3 (yes i said it  ;) ) and some other shits and care less for XIII which might be a total mess when it comes to netcode.

@Reiki.Kito
Saying i want attention ..or if i am stupid makes you an idiot.I am pissed of this game and franchise gets such treatment from a fucked up company pretending it's snk - and i will not support them.end of rant
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:40:30 PM by KBlackNoah »

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 28, 2011, 11:41:53 PM »
As reason for the delay, SNK Playmore said that it wants to deliver a better product to players.

and pigs fly.

i just canceled my preorder.gonna buy it used if i remember this game exists or if it even gets released.Great job playmore and keep up the good work as always!

Are you serious?  You're gonna cancel your preorder because they decided to hold off for one month to deliver a superior product?  Would you prefer they release it earlier, have something be crappy and wait on patches constantly?

Them releasing the game later is more of a detriment to SNKP than it is to us as a player base.  Those who want the game get a better product, SNKP and Atlus get less sales due to when they're releasing the game.  If they chose to move it back, I'm gonna assume it was for a damn good reason, especially considering how much is riding on the success on this game.

Also...hey, at least we GOT a new release date.  Most developers and publishers who delay games don't give us a solid release date (Looks at Valve...why do they hurt me so?).

If it for some reason gets delayed again, then we can all duck into the storm shelters.  But it seems trivial unless there's another game you really want to buy in November.

Playmore hasn't released any quality products only some decent ones.The only reason it got delayed is because playmore surely wanted to rush it like they did with XII (just look at that how fucked up that beta was - i think the final product was something like that) but Atlus knows that a fucked up game can damage their image so they said clean this mess or fuck off (no one delays a game for spectator mode when they can patch it later in the game).I will get the game used for like 20-30 $ because i will not support those idiots at playmore.My opinion and option.I wanted to preorder this over batman arkham city but playmore didn t want my moneys.another 2 months = i already preordered batman Arkham city, bf3, mw3 ...maybe umvc 3 (yes i said it  ;) ) and some other shits and care less for XIII which might be a total mess when it comes to netcode.

@Reiki.Kito
Saying i want attention ..or if i am stupid makes you an idiot.I am pissed of this game and franchise gets such treatment from a fucked up company pretending it's snk - and i will not support them.end of rant

Everyone here knows that you are getting the game day 1 so stop crying.

Btw guys everyone with a little knowledge of marketing knows that this game is not coming in November. They are gonna delay it even more and the reason they said one month later is because they dont want to completely kill the hype. I see the game coming out in christmas or 1st week of january.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 28, 2011, 11:44:42 PM »
I will forgive an ever bigger delay than 1 month only if they give us free copies of 98umfe

Damn, I really want to play it one day

Waifu Material

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #770 on: September 28, 2011, 11:52:45 PM »
Quote from LOL, FORUMS (Atlus Staff) on Atlus' forums on the game, on the reasons behind the delay:

Since many are asking, you're not gonna get any better explanation than the one that was quoted earlier. If we had more to say, we would've already said it--that's a general rule. And as was just mentioned, the delay is happening in Japan as well. Which is to say, the delay wasn't just our call, and you shouldn't expect us to go divulging things that concern our partners as well, just like that.

This, more than likely, has less to do with Atlus making demands of SNKP, and more SNKP making demands of itself.

While I respect Atlus and RSG's contributions to the project, in the end, I respect SNKP's more. They're the ones making the game. And what THEY'RE putting into it, is what I'm most concerned about.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 28, 2011, 11:59:32 PM »

and pigs fly.

Are you serious?  You're gonna cancel your preorder because they decided to hold off for one month to deliver a superior product?  Would you prefer they release it earlier, have something be crappy and wait on patches constantly?

Them releasing the game later is more of a detriment to SNKP than it is to us as a player base.  Those who want the game get a better product, SNKP and Atlus get less sales due to when they're releasing the game.  If they chose to move it back, I'm gonna assume it was for a damn good reason, especially considering how much is riding on the success on this game.

Also...hey, at least we GOT a new release date.  Most developers and publishers who delay games don't give us a solid release date (Looks at Valve...why do they hurt me so?).

If it for some reason gets delayed again, then we can all duck into the storm shelters.  But it seems trivial unless there's another game you really want to buy in November.

Playmore hasn't released any quality products only some decent ones.The only reason it got delayed is because playmore surely wanted to rush it like they did with XII (just look at that how fucked up that beta was - i think the final product was something like that) but Atlus knows that a fucked up game can damage their image so they said clean this mess or fuck off (no one delays a game for spectator mode when they can patch it later in the game).I will get the game used for like 20-30 $ because i will not support those idiots at playmore.My opinion and option.I preordered this over batman arkham city but playmore didn t want my moneys.another 2 months = i already preordered batman Arkham city, bf3, mw3 ...maybe umvc 3 (yes i said it  ;) ) and some other shits and care less for XIII which might be a total mess when it comes to netcode.

@Reiki.Kito

Buying it at all, even used, still shows support.  You don't want to show support?  Man up and don't get the game at all.  Getting it at any point shows you think the game is still worth your purchase.  Don't get it, play your Fatal Fury and AoF games to death and pretend that SNK was actually much different than SNKP (news flash, as much as people tend to think so, it actually ISN'T much differen't, in terms of quality control).

I just find it funny that you find no problem with UMvC3 being the second of rushed games, yet have a problem with a game kept from being released halfassed.  I don't have a problem with UMvC3 mind you (not since I got my head out of my ass at least), but it's just funny that you slam KOFXIII for possible crappy netcode when the MvC3 series has already proven to have terrible netcode of its own right.

Now, I don't hold out a LOT of hope for XIII's netcode, but I would assume they will go all out considering how dire their situation actually is.  Capcom never has to because they can honestly half ass all the games they want and still get a ton of buys by name alone (and I don't blame them, if I'm a company and I can get as many buys as possible with minimal work I'd be all over that too).

But you're right, it is your decision, and I have no right to criticize it.  As long as you know what you're doing, it's whatever.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 29, 2011, 12:02:43 AM »

and pigs fly.

Are you serious?  You're gonna cancel your preorder because they decided to hold off for one month to deliver a superior product?  Would you prefer they release it earlier, have something be crappy and wait on patches constantly?

Them releasing the game later is more of a detriment to SNKP than it is to us as a player base.  Those who want the game get a better product, SNKP and Atlus get less sales due to when they're releasing the game.  If they chose to move it back, I'm gonna assume it was for a damn good reason, especially considering how much is riding on the success on this game.

Also...hey, at least we GOT a new release date.  Most developers and publishers who delay games don't give us a solid release date (Looks at Valve...why do they hurt me so?).

If it for some reason gets delayed again, then we can all duck into the storm shelters.  But it seems trivial unless there's another game you really want to buy in November.

Playmore hasn't released any quality products only some decent ones.The only reason it got delayed is because playmore surely wanted to rush it like they did with XII (just look at that how fucked up that beta was - i think the final product was something like that) but Atlus knows that a fucked up game can damage their image so they said clean this mess or fuck off (no one delays a game for spectator mode when they can patch it later in the game).I will get the game used for like 20-30 $ because i will not support those idiots at playmore.My opinion and option.I preordered this over batman arkham city but playmore didn t want my moneys.another 2 months = i already preordered batman Arkham city, bf3, mw3 ...maybe umvc 3 (yes i said it  ;) ) and some other shits and care less for XIII which might be a total mess when it comes to netcode.

@Reiki.Kito

blah blah blah blah blah
oi just leave em alone about it mmkay if he's not gonna buy it then so be it

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 29, 2011, 12:07:06 AM »
I don't want to wait one month, so instead I will wait forever!

Yeah that makes no sense.  I will get the game in November.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 29, 2011, 12:08:55 AM »
@Noah: I'm not calling you stupid though I'd like to say you're trolling. Either way, if you want people to get uppity about you not buying the game, you post here. If you wanted people not to care, you'd post it on the SRK forums. Obviously, you want someone to care.

Anyway, just keep the hype going anyway you can, guys. We got to help any way we can.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 29, 2011, 12:09:30 AM »
Quote from LOL, FORUMS (Atlus Staff) on Atlus' forums on the game, on the reasons behind the delay:

Since many are asking, you're not gonna get any better explanation than the one that was quoted earlier. If we had more to say, we would've already said it--that's a general rule. And as was just mentioned, the delay is happening in Japan as well. Which is to say, the delay wasn't just our call, and you shouldn't expect us to go divulging things that concern our partners as well, just like that.

This, more than likely, has less to do with Atlus making demands of SNKP, and more SNKP making demands of itself.

While I respect Atlus and RSG's contributions to the project, in the end, I respect SNKP's more. They're the ones making the game. And what THEY'RE putting into it, is what I'm most concerned about.

^Indeed, but I really hope they fixed the button config at least. If after this delay, they don't fix that, then I will definitely feel disappointed.

But I'm worried of another delay, since SNKP is saying TBA 2011 and ATLUS has a set date already.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 29, 2011, 12:10:43 AM »
I doubt that they will delay the game more than one month for marketing purposes, considering than

1) For some accounts, this could be SNKP last attempt of making a video games
2) Normally when a company announces a delay, they announce a time span bigger than a month, if they announce several delays as a row, they are almost always seen like a joke

I honestly think that countless delays are more hype killers than anything else, specially when people grow up their expectations, or overall, just got bored to wait, or throw tantrums like I had saw in other forums
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:12:35 AM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 29, 2011, 12:18:30 AM »

^Indeed, but I really hope they fixed the button config at least. If after this delay, they don't fix that, then I will definitely feel disappointed.

But I'm worried of another delay, since SNKP is saying TBA 2011 and ATLUS has a set date already.

As long as it isn't MK Button Config, I'll be fine with it.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 29, 2011, 12:20:36 AM »
2) Normally when a company announces a delay, they announce a time span bigger than a month, if they announce several delays as a row, they are almost always seen like a joke

The thing is that SNKP did announced a delay and not specified the new date. So based on your mentality of the situation, that means SNKP might delay it again? I hope not.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 29, 2011, 12:23:46 AM »
Atlus announced November 22th as a new date, I doubt that they will that stupid to throw a random date and hoping that SNKP will finish it to release the game at that time

Waifu Material