Author Topic: KOFXIII Grand Opening Online Tournament (Please Read 1st Post. Updated 11-27-11)  (Read 35480 times)

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIII Grand Opening Online Tournament
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 08:02:20 PM »
I'm also in on the 360 side! I preordered XIII from Amazon with two-day shipping, so it should be here on the 28th.

XBL: Rex Dart 7
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:37:16 PM by Rex Dart »

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
First post has been updated! I have the rules and times finalized with the exception of the DLC characters. I don't want to ban characters if I don't have to so I'm waiting to hear more about them.

I noticed some of you have failed to mention your gamertag. One of you even forgot to mention which system you want to play on. Please go back and do so. Thanks.

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
First post has been updated!....

Worst case scenario!... and we still have some loading problems in between matches, please ask the participants to save the game to the hard-drive, (if they can.) to fixes the problem.

Xbox live: Chipymax

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Where is everyone meeting? The toolbar chat?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Yeah, the toolbar chat. It seems to be the easiest way. But I will post the matchups in this thread as well. People will only need to find their name and they will see who they need to fight.

@Chipymax: Good suggestion. I'll add that soon.

thec0re3

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Fighting Games Online
Count me in!!!

Gametag: thec0re3
System:Xblive

You will learn to fear higashi!!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Where is everyone meeting? The toolbar chat?

The 360 users could use the Wibiya Chat. The PS3 users could use the PSN Chatroom, which is text and can have up to 16 players IIRC. Another option is to use PS HOME and meet at a apartment/place and use the voice chat. Did that for several SF4 tournaments and it was kinda cool, I mean, it's a different experience.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
I don't think that's a bad idea. But since I'm running a separate tournament for each system at the same time it's much easier for me if people check in and report their wins/losses through the toolbar chat.

As far as just chatting with each other during the tournament goes, you guys can do whatever you want. In fact, if you guys can manage to keep all the conversational stuff outside of the toolbar chat then it will be easier for me to do my job since the toolbar chat won't be cluttered.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
I would like to join in as well

PSN: DJMirror949

when is this

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Check the first post dude. Everything you need to know is there.

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
I will assume, that since they delayed the game for only one month... the only problem is probably the Net-code, so now I'm like 120% sure that the Net-code is going to be really good  :)... and that will make the tournament better for everybody. I will wait for the new date.... Peace out!!! 
Xbox live: Chipymax

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Since the game has been delayed I'll obviously be changing the day this tournament happens. I don't know if I'll be going out of town for Thanksgiving or what. Need to call my folks to see where we are having it this year

Don't anybody worry. I'll have things squared away soon.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
I have set a new date for the tournament. It will take place on December 3rd. I wanted to do it on November 26, but I will not be available at that time.

I talked to Dark Geese and he said he will be joining in on the madness. He's also going to try to get his pals in the latin KOF community to sign up. So I think we can look forward to some fierce and diverse competition in this thing.

I'm so hyped right now that I don't know what to do.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
Keep me in for now, but with the new date, I'm probably going to be missing this in favor of being at NEC.

Good luck to all of the players, in either case!  Pretty cool to hear that DG and maybe some latin players will be joining in.
Old man/bad player

Dechimo

• New Challenger
  • KOF Forever
    • View Profile
I'm in, I will be getting KOF Xlll for ps3

PSN ID: kimkaphan

PSN: kimkaphan