Author Topic: Dance/rhythm games thread.  (Read 11969 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Dance/rhythm games thread.
« on: September 19, 2011, 06:26:42 AM »
Today I was at Gameworks and I played two games of DDR Extreme. I was exhausted at the end, but I had fun.

I LOVE playing dance rhythm games! I may not be the best at it (hell, my physique doesn't fit this game at all), but I really enjoy the movement, the challenge, the (usually) girly songs these games have.

DDR is what I play most, but that's because it's what I see most. I think ITG is better than it though because it's harder and it lets you play custom songs (I wish I could find a machine). PIU is not my cup of tea, but there are some people who like it (mainly Mexicans)

Stepmania is different from all the games I listed. It's a game downloaded for the computer and is played on keyboard (though you can play it on a dance pad if you can find one and connect it to your computer). You can play any song on it, and I mean ANY song, so long as you can find it. And if you can't find it, you can make it yourself.

Here's a Stepmania chart of Kula's 2000 theme:

Also, this (it definitely belongs in the funny video thread):

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:45:31 AM by marchefelix »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Dance rhythm games thread
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 06:34:47 AM »
i dont play ddr due to that fact that i cant dance for shit but i play a lot of dj max  dunno if that counts or not

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: Dance rhythm games thread
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 06:44:51 AM »
It counts. I'll rename it to "Dance/rhythm games." I forgot that slash.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Dance/rhythm games thread.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 07:43:05 PM »
I love DDR but for me life I can't dance.

Tried to play rock band, had fun, but the instruments were from a friend, and I didn't had the money to buy the instruments even though now are cheaper

I just hope that sega released samba de amigo for kinect, it seems like could work there

Waifu Material

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 12:54:39 AM »
I'm not too fond of these kind of games, but still i enjoyed a LOT the Patapon series, and Parappa the Rapper.
And the upcoming Final Fantasy rhythm game for the 3DS looks funny.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 02:54:33 AM »
Final Fantasy rhythm game?

Things like that shouldn't be allowed to happen. Then again, that's what I said about a Disney/FF crossover (and that's what I still think!)...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 03:08:43 AM »
My problem with the FF game is not the idea, Actually I found it cool, more if you think that FF has amazing tracks

The problem is that the game looks really bad, there was this scene when you had to play a dancing scene from ff8 o ff9 I can't recall, it almost looked like some noob made his first video at Osu

If they cared more for presentation, could be really cool imo

Waifu Material

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 04:57:14 AM »
My first dance game was Pump It Up, fell in love with the game after hearing Beethoven song. Everytime I went to Dave & Busters I used to go and just play it. Then got into DDR because it was more popular, but the soundtrack wasn't as cool as Pump It Up IMO. Then they released PIU for the PS2 and bought it day one and I play it every now and then on my PS3.

I used to last up to 10 songs, but now I just finiish 3 and I'm beat. lol

I stopped playing dancing games because Guitar Hero came out and I went there, then Rock Band arrived and it was the same story. I can play well with most instruments and have fun. But yeah, I'm a Rhythm and Dancing gamer, but it's not surprised, since I like to dance and hear music a lot, so that might be why.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:59:13 AM by DarKaoZ »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 05:55:50 PM »
My first dance game was Pump It Up, fell in love with the game after hearing Beethoven song. Everytime I went to Dave & Busters I used to go and just play it. Then got into DDR because it was more popular, but the soundtrack wasn't as cool as Pump It Up IMO. Then they released PIU for the PS2 and bought it day one and I play it every now and then on my PS3.

I used to last up to 10 songs, but now I just finiish 3 and I'm beat. lol

I stopped playing dancing games because Guitar Hero came out and I went there, then Rock Band arrived and it was the same story. I can play well with most instruments and have fun. But yeah, I'm a Rhythm and Dancing gamer, but it's not surprised, since I like to dance and hear music a lot, so that might be why.

You stopped playing dancing games for Guitar Hero/Rock Band?!

HERESY!!!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 09:10:18 AM »

HERESY!!!

Well I was the only one from my friends group who would play those games and Guitar Hero/Rock Band brought up a way to play rhythm/music games with and against my friends. So that was a big reason why I stopped playing them. But like I said, I still play them, but not as often, besides Fighting Games are my favorite genre, so I play a lot of fighters.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 08:19:38 PM »

HERESY!!!

Well I was the only one from my friends group who would play those games and Guitar Hero/Rock Band brought up a way to play rhythm/music games with and against my friends. So that was a big reason why I stopped playing them. But like I said, I still play them, but not as often, besides Fighting Games are my favorite genre, so I play a lot of fighters.

I sincerely do hope your friends didn't play those games because they were bad at them or that they just didn't appeal to them and not because they thought they would look homo playing those games.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 10:41:01 PM »
I can't think at least here that ddr players are homo, just for fact that the good looking ladies are playing there, and some are really gorgeous

Well that or all of them are the gay friends that almost all girls seem to love to had

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 11:53:53 PM »
I can't think at least here that ddr players are homo, just for fact that the good looking ladies are playing there, and some are really gorgeous

Well that or all of them are the gay friends that almost all girls seem to love to had
playing ddr is then manliest thing a person can do

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 05:24:05 AM »
Nah, some of my friends tried to play the game, but it was too hard for them. In my University there were plenty of nice looking girls playing the game, so some of them tried, but failed miserably. lol

Guitar Hero and Rock Band was easier for them to get into, because of the music and the feel. I mean, when I first played Guitar Hero, I did feel like I was playing the song, even if it was just in a simple way. Still that was enough to get them into it and that brought up "Guitar Hero/Rock Band Nights". Although I must say, there were only a few of DDR songs I enjoyed playing, but I preferred to play PIU due to the soundtrack, it had from Pop, Classic music (which is awesome), Rock, etc. But had to play DDR more since that was the first and only dancing game it came on consoles and ones PIU came to the PS2, I got it, but that was late on the PS2 life.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 07:56:44 PM »

playing ddr is then manliest thing a person can do

Damn straight!