Author Topic: 1P Mode Discussion  (Read 10679 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: 1P Mode Discussion
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 07:56:50 PM »
How many stages long is the 1P mode? It always varies from game to game.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 08:06:05 PM »
How many stages long is the 1P mode? It always varies from game to game.
Six stages, then two bosses. The console version also added Billy as a midboss (apparently).

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 09:58:31 PM »
That's a cool addition (if it's true). Now if only there was some way to sneak in fighting Ash or human Saiki in there...

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 03:45:23 PM »
I think tutorial mode is pretty well made from what I can tell. I like the fact that the easier combos scale to more experienced players where you can add in as many extra hits/juggles as you like as long as you complete what's in the requirements while doing so.

Training mode in arcade is fine, but it makes a huge difference having some guidance as is the case w/ console.

CAN'T WAIT!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 07:21:55 PM »
Training mode in arcade is fine, but it makes a huge difference having some guidance as is the case w/ console.

CAN'T WAIT!

This is so true. I have a feeling that this will help me finally become a good KOF player.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 02:19:53 AM »

CAN'T WAIT!

This is so true. I have a feeling that this will help me finally become a good KOF player.

Yeah fer sure. It's definitely going to help me. There's going to be a ton of stuff to do with the 1P mode, esp in story. As I understand it, it's three perspectives Ash's/Adel's/Heidern's and with Ash, you can choose all of the teams individually.

Getting HYPE!

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 03:45:53 PM »
You know, I've played a lot of the new fighters recently. BlazBlue imo has the best single player content out right now. SF4 and MK9's single player stuff was ok but nothing amazing, although I did like the Challenge Tower in MK9.

But seriously though, after I've been away for a bit and started to look at the single player stuff being offered in KOF13, you'd have to think that this game will be setting something of a standard for any companies who wish to give their online/non tournament goers modes to waste their time in. It's amazing how much work has been done to this game to make sure it meets the demand for both hardcore and casual gamers. And to think this is what we were supposed to get in KOF12.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 06:31:49 PM »
You know, I've played a lot of the new fighters recently. BlazBlue imo has the best single player content out right now. SF4 and MK9's single player stuff was ok but nothing amazing, although I did like the Challenge Tower in MK9.

But seriously though, after I've been away for a bit and started to look at the single player stuff being offered in KOF13, you'd have to think that this game will be setting something of a standard for any companies who wish to give their online/non tournament goers modes to waste their time in. It's amazing how much work has been done to this game to make sure it meets the demand for both hardcore and casual gamers. And to think this is what we were supposed to get in KOF12.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who is excited for some good single player content.  :)

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 08:39:44 AM »
I have a feeling that XIII's story mode has the *potential* to topple BlazBlue's as there seem to be plenty of paths to take, but more to the point, *if* story mode has animations throughout it will be a huge advantage for KOF (console footage has already shown some animations). Can't remember which vid it was, but they showed Ash receiving the letter which animates as well as his arms (think there were some other bits like that too). < this could be mainly limited to the three main intros tho! The official site mentions that the final chapter will be using movie bits.

It still stays true to its premise (is visual novel style), but the KOF team mentioned that they put an extreme amount of work into it in one of the blog posts. So what I'm really hoping for is voice acting and lots of it. BB literally has hours worth, but can be slow paced and drag quite a bit leaving folks wanting for more fights or more rounds of it. IMO, voice/dialog is what drove BB's stories as visuals were limited to around 5-8 slides per character and maybe as few as 10 backgrounds (ignoring the comedic bonus bits for now, but those were along the same lines too).

If they are using voice, I think there'll be plenty of potential to beat out BB.
Now this amount of voice would certainly be unprecedented for the series so have my fingers crossed. What keeps my hopes up is at gaming conventions SNK has done special events bringing in their regular voice actors to talk and also act out script dialogue as the characters. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! 

To my knowledge I don't think Yamamoto has ever been questioned about voice/animations for story mode in any of the interviews.
Sure I'll be plenty happy with it anyways - just having story mode is very cool for me as it is. I think we can at least expect animations/movies at the beginning and end.

You guys think my hopes are completely unrealistic? You think they would be conspicuously presenting voice as selling point if such were the case?

ChrisP

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2011, 12:07:18 AM »
Are KOF13's bosses (Monster Saiki and Dark Ash) hard enough to be considered "SNK Boss Syndrome"?  I.E. difficult/impossible to beat for very casual players?

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2011, 12:34:26 AM »
neh, they are far from being the worst boss from SNK, or even a kof, even though dark ash could really screw you if he is able to pull a combo

Waifu Material

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 05:31:43 PM »
I have a feeling that XIII's story mode has the *potential* to topple BlazBlue's as there seem to be plenty of paths to take, but more to the point, *if* story mode has animations throughout it will be a huge advantage for KOF (console footage has already shown some animations). Can't remember which vid it was, but they showed Ash receiving the letter which animates as well as his arms (think there were some other bits like that too). < this could be mainly limited to the three main intros tho! The official site mentions that the final chapter will be using movie bits.

It still stays true to its premise (is visual novel style), but the KOF team mentioned that they put an extreme amount of work into it in one of the blog posts. So what I'm really hoping for is voice acting and lots of it. BB literally has hours worth, but can be slow paced and drag quite a bit leaving folks wanting for more fights or more rounds of it. IMO, voice/dialog is what drove BB's stories as visuals were limited to around 5-8 slides per character and maybe as few as 10 backgrounds (ignoring the comedic bonus bits for now, but those were along the same lines too).

If they are using voice, I think there'll be plenty of potential to beat out BB.
Now this amount of voice would certainly be unprecedented for the series so have my fingers crossed. What keeps my hopes up is at gaming conventions SNK has done special events bringing in their regular voice actors to talk and also act out script dialogue as the characters. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! 

To my knowledge I don't think Yamamoto has ever been questioned about voice/animations for story mode in any of the interviews.
Sure I'll be plenty happy with it anyways - just having story mode is very cool for me as it is. I think we can at least expect animations/movies at the beginning and end.

You guys think my hopes are completely unrealistic? You think they would be conspicuously presenting voice as selling point if such were the case?

I dunno, man... how many people actually care about voice acting? This isn't Japan where they make a big deal about who the seiyuus will be (or am just making a stereotype here, 'coz if so, I apologize).

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 02:27:39 AM »
Seems like others are jonesing for it as well now that the game has dropped. I wish story mode haters would understand that it is a graphic novel and not meant to be viewed as a movie. I'm still extremely hype for story, and that will likely be my way of working off the rust and earning unlockables ^_^

Now that a lot of us own it, how are peeps liking the 1P content??

Good times? Looks like a good number of folks are finding the missions highly applicable as well.

Damnit Japan! RELEASE THE GAME

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 07:19:36 PM »
Haha, I've been meaning to bump this thread to ask the question you just asked: How are people liking the 1P in the game?

Seriously? I have yet to get my hands on it and it looks amazing. Trial mode seems difficult, but I like a challenge. Also, I'm sorry to hear that Story Mode isn't getting good reception. I think it's cool from what I've seen.

Long live the King!

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 07:22:57 PM »
I would be more interested in story mode if the text wasn't so damned slow. The arcade mode is what you's expect. I do like mission mode.