Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

So what else do you use to train?

Started by FreeRunner, October 18, 2011, 04:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeRunner

I've been thinking, alot of players use training mode for combo practice most of the time.

If the game permits it, they work on defense too. But some like to take a different approach to their training.

So besides the average use of training mode, do you do anything else that helps you?

Do you use another game to train as well? I'm interested in hearing your answers  :).
You're too slow!!

Reiki.Kito

A lot of the issue I have in games is being nervous and applying the situations. I make a little goal for myself to, in actual matches, pull off a string or setup a number of times. Like an achievement. That gives me more confidence in the set-up as well as the move.

You also should try making goals that mimic tournament settings. If you can do it under pressure, it usually means you're improving. Telling yourself you will score 2 wins against this person out of 3 matches will give you something to aim for when fighting.

Another thing is simply watching people play. I can say I improve a lot by watching what people do. I have a reference for that person/character when I do play so I'm less surprised. Being the most knowledgeable means the height of advantage.

bigvador

play the hell out of arcade mode for example in street fighter 4 when you jump the opponent will do a anti air (like kens shoryuken) and what u can do is  practice the options you have when your at a distance in the air ect ect i just came back not to long ago from playin XIII and they do the same thing so that way you can have a better understandin or create more options for urself when ur playing

desmond_kof

If you're a nervous player, re-enacting (or just experiencing) more pressure situations will help you in the long run. You can't really never shake nervousness 100% but you can use those nerves as positive energy to help you concentrate and focus rather than cripple you.

But money matches, more tournaments, or even just playing up to a certain score (FT10) can help place pressure on you.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."