Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 365828 times)

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #1200 on: November 19, 2011, 08:38:33 AM »
I'm not overly worried now. Local impressions were that it was a bit better then SF4 from those who got it early.

Also- you could tell the SRK video they weren't too familiar with KOF, so they could have blamed things on lag.

I think at worst we'll get something playable , which is what matters.  The point of netcode is that you can have fun at 5am instead of having to wait for friends.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 19, 2011, 08:46:53 AM »
Overreaction's over one video of some one testing.

And almost every game gets a netcode patch the after the first couple of days from its release and it already looks better then 12 & far better then MK9's at launch.

JonMcBon

• New Challenger
  • The only McBon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 19, 2011, 08:48:44 AM »
I'm not overly worried now. Local impressions were that it was a bit better then SF4 from those who got it early.

Also- you could tell the SRK video they weren't too familiar with KOF, so they could have blamed things on lag.

I think at worst we'll get something playable , which is what matters.  The point of netcode is that you can have fun at 5am instead of having to wait for friends.

I think that's what we're all looking for (at least I know I am). As I said in my previous post, the game looked to pause for a quick second. This could be lag or the video itself. If the game has playable online and no drops while in a match, then that's fine.

[Off Topic]I did play a lot of Street Fighter IV online and had a good experience. I never had a game drop or get to unplayable levels. The only worst instance I had was when I was playing someone in Spain. Other than that, the game ran fine.

I have the same expectations for The King of Fighters XIII online play. There's no need to overreact to just this video. Let's just wait and find out for ourselves when the game is in our hands.

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #1203 on: November 19, 2011, 09:01:39 AM »
I plan on doing a bunch of online test with different people to see if there is any huge difference. That's for both 360 and PS3 since I have both systems. I'll probably be waiting like most people until it's released.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 19, 2011, 09:08:17 AM »
Man alive, one person writes an article and everyone's ready to jump off a cliff?  Just calm down for a few more days and test the damn thing yourselves.

You act like anyone over here is gonna cancel their preorders.  We're all still buying the game.
Quite the opposite.  I don't think anyone here who's placed a preorder is going to cancel it at this point, which is why it's kind of irritating to see doomsaying and whining when people will buy it and try it for themselves anyway.

Also, hello everyone at Dream Cancel. I'm honored to be a part of this community.
Welcome aboard :) .  Feel free to introduce yourself in the Meet'n'Greet area, when you get a chance.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:11:19 AM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

zyn-cobra22

• New Challenger
  • Hattori Hanzo #1 ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 19, 2011, 09:13:02 AM »
I'll be getting this puppy tomorrow and if its playing like SF4 before launch than thats cool with me, we wont get the best netcode ever but we dont need the best netcode either now do we.

SF4 seem to do pretty well with the netcode that now everyone seems to think its shit so again im cool with all of this.
of course you gotta give it to SRK in less than a week they have put out 2 reports about the netcode that have people shitting their pants i love that, but to each is own i guess.
at this point i dont care what anyone puts out the king is coming home and is coming home strong man of that there is no doubt.
as long as i can play with players withing my region im cool with that, so if SF4 is what we are getting you can call me a happy camper then. i'll give you guys my impressions of the code tomorrow so peace out.
Xboxlive gamertag ZYN-COBRA22     I can survive anything even nukes........

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: November 19, 2011, 09:19:30 AM »
Some impressions from comments section of the article:
got some games in myself today and I gotta say that its pretty playable sometimes there is delay but it isnt something that will make your combos drop its better than kof12/vanilla mvc3 but I would say its about equal or abit worse than ssf4ae

was playing with a friend he lives about 15 miles away only reason it was delay for me is because I left the stream running lol but I paused it and it was no lag I say its equal to sf4

its actually better than he described i played with a guy in soCal and im now in Hawaii and he said it was pretty good, only minor input lag he said....mind u it was only 2 bars, now i played UMVC3 with 4 bars and that #### lagged throught out the match....KOF13 netcode is fine....waaay better than KOF12

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 19, 2011, 09:28:40 AM »
I've played sf4 online on pc and ps3 and pc is way worse than ps3. Ps3 actually felt very smooth for me in comparison. I've played ssf4, 3rd strike, kof 94 and 95, ssf2thdr, mk9 aswell. Out of that bunch ssf4 plays the best, third strike second i would say but it is clearly worse and out of the last four titles mk9 has been easily the best, though it is pretty hard to find games for the others so it may just have been a matter of luck.

Ssf4 has been superior to 3rd strike because when connections have been less than optimal but still "acceptable" ssf4 has generally "worked" while 3rd strike in turn has gone into warp/disco mode. Playing against other people in sweden 3rd strike can be fantastic though.

These are my experiences with the games, and all i want to say is, sf4 level of netcode isn't really all that bad, it may actually be better than ggpo on average. More importantly though, we still don't know.

And just to put it out there, MK9 has stage select online and offline, you open a scrolling menu by pressing "2" during character select if i remember correctly.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 19, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
sf4 level of netcode isn't really all that bad, it may actually be better than ggpo on average.
what
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 19, 2011, 10:06:44 AM »
Not trying to pick on you but saying SF4 is better than GGPO is really a WTF statement. Better than 3SOE is debatable, but let's wait until Skullgirls and see if a competent company can do better.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 19, 2011, 10:36:33 AM »
I've played all the games below, and here is the classement for me, of Netcodes:

1- SF4(SSF4/AE...)
2- KOFXIII
3- MK9
4- SF3OE
5- BBCS
6- MVC3

I've done a new couple of matchs online, and I confirm, online is good!
+/- like SF4, if ist red -> lag (but here, the lag is not so hard like sf4, its smooth, and rarely disconnect, what dont append with SF4, when i played with red connection in SF4, most of the time was disconnections...)
yellow, are playable enough, to dont drop combos or rarely...
green, are good enough, no lag, maybe a little delay sporadically
blue, its ok, nothing to say, near offline

Thats it guys! :)
Long life to that KOF! :D

PS: oh, and for the colors you just need to play with your caracter, in arcade, or versus, or story, or online, and that will be unlocked step by step: more matchs more colors... etc (I think the first unlock comes when you've done 30or40 matchs with your char.!)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:10:44 AM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 19, 2011, 10:52:31 AM »
There are a few things missing from that video, like if either player went straight to online to test or if they used practice or trial mode any. I know I'll be dropping some things offline before I practice with characters.

Wish SRK would more often bring out articles reminding people about everything that can effect a game's netcode: country's infastructure, wireless vs wired connections, net provider, even how the code is perceived due to what kind of monitor you're using. Nice to see a lot of comments on the SRK article aren't totally buying into the doomsdaying of just two people. If the netcode is widely accepted as good, wonder if SRK will make an article about that.

I plan on doing a bunch of online test with different people to see if there is any huge difference. That's for both 360 and PS3 since I have both systems. I'll probably be waiting like most people until it's released.

If you're game for testing out a JPN connection, let me know. The latest I should get the game is by the 4th of next month.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 19, 2011, 10:55:59 AM »
I'm not worry at all watching the video. I don't see input delay or lag. Maybe is not BB, but I think is quite similar to SFIV. Of course all will depend on distance and kind of connection of each one, but I think it looks playable.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #1213 on: November 19, 2011, 11:10:37 AM »
If you're game for testing out a JPN connection, let me know. The latest I should get the game is by the 4th of next month.

Sure thing.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 19, 2011, 11:34:57 AM »
Not trying to pick on you but saying SF4 is better than GGPO is really a WTF statement. Better than 3SOE is debatable, but let's wait until Skullgirls and see if a competent company can do better.

Don't worry, i've only got ggpo experience through 3rd strike, the service on its own without capcom tampering may be different. I also believe that i mostly get to play people who are from other parts of the world seeing how swedens (and scandinavia for that matter) population isn't exactly huge. I feel that 3rd strikes gameplay suffers more from bad connections than sf4s, this due in great part to netcode. I also said that sf4s netcode "may be better", not that it is.

Regardless of sf3 vs 4 netcode, my main point was and still is that if kofxiiis netcode is like or better than sf4 things should be fine.

Skullgirls is interesting, but there won't be time for that game for another 6 months come the 25th.