Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362084 times)

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #645 on: November 12, 2011, 11:17:02 PM »
A question for pad users.

I've been playing fighters on keyboard for the longest time but now, having bought a PS3 in anticipation of XIII, I'll have to learn playing on a controller (unless there is some easy way to play using a keyboard on PS3?).

Is there any generally accepted control scheme(s) when using a controller for KOF? One that is intuitive and gives easy access to multiple button presses? Also, is it considered okay to map multiple button press actions (like Hyper Drive, EX moves etc) to the should buttons or is that considered cheating?
There is no real "standard" button layout unless you use the deault altough I would say in most games I would recommend going into practice mode and just mess around with different layouts with the shoulder buttons and stuff like that since some inputs like  ;b+ ;c can be hard to do with the default layout and I also find that each person is different and what feels right to you might not feel right to someone else and vice versa.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 12, 2011, 11:45:58 PM »
A new stream with the ON crew
http://ja.twitch.tv/thepeoplesstream

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 13, 2011, 12:59:14 AM »
A new stream with the ON crew
http://ja.twitch.tv/thepeoplesstream

They are not playing online right?

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 13, 2011, 05:42:34 PM »
A question for pad users.

I've been playing fighters on keyboard for the longest time but now, having bought a PS3 in anticipation of XIII, I'll have to learn playing on a controller (unless there is some easy way to play using a keyboard on PS3?).

Is there any generally accepted control scheme(s) when using a controller for KOF? One that is intuitive and gives easy access to multiple button presses? Also, is it considered okay to map multiple button press actions (like Hyper Drive, EX moves etc) to the should buttons or is that considered cheating?
I know someone who uses a keyboard modded to work on PS2 and can try to put you in touch with him, if you want.

But yeah, button mapping isn't cheating.  Also, why not try setting single buttons to the shoulders?  Easy to give each one a single finger like that.  Used to do that when I played on pad.
Old man/bad player

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 13, 2011, 06:02:55 PM »
Since your getting into controllers, have you considered a stick?

You may find execution easier than on a pad :)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 13, 2011, 06:23:01 PM »
 ;c       ;d

;a       ;b

C is HP and D is HK, while A is LP and B as LK. it's the original neo geo cd lay out on pad and it works the best imo. only problem would be B+C but you can just assign that to R1 or some shit. remember X is A and O is B on PS3 pad, you should understand what C and D are.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 13, 2011, 06:37:04 PM »
 ;a  ;c
 ;b   ;d

I jt use the default one that appears on 360, eve though watching mussolini one, I think that the neo geo cd layout is a  better one, even though is a drag to map the buttons on console

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 13, 2011, 07:03:32 PM »
personally i find the neo cd pad lay out the best for all neogeo games (ms, st, ss, ff, rb, motw, kof etc). thers a reason they used this lay out for their own console.

other gaming related news, arksys is releasing a BB game worthy of my money (if its worth my doe, its worth yours). the games called BLAZBLUE?CONTINUUM SHIFT EXTEND and features all 19 or so released characters and all that goodness and extras. thinking bout getting it myself, just hope the gamespeed is faster this time around, which i doubt btw.

and terrible news for PS3 owners that have reliable friends, no more gamesharing between 5 PS3's anymore (these fucking ass selling dicksuckers, hope their CEO's all die of horrible deaths this month). it's only possible to gameshare between 2 home consoles in the near future. they just had to fuck it up these greedy ass bitches.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 13, 2011, 07:06:59 PM »
and terrible news for PS3 owners that have reliable friends, no more gamesharing between 5 PS3's anymore (these fucking ass selling dicksuckers, hope their CEO's all die of horrible deaths this month). it's only possible to gameshare between 2 home consoles in the near future. they just had to fuck it up these greedy ass bitches.

What do you mean?
You mean when you buy something and then use the same account on another ps3 to get the same thing for free, or are you talking about something else? Sorry, I am still a total noob with next gen consoles.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 13, 2011, 07:20:34 PM »
What do you mean?
You mean when you buy something and then use the same account on another ps3 to get the same thing for free, or are you talking about something else? Sorry, I am still a total noob with next gen consoles.

You got it right, before you could do that between 5 consoles, now it's only 2 max.

other gaming related news, arksys is releasing a BB game worthy of my money (if its worth my doe, its worth yours). the games called BLAZBLUE?CONTINUUM SHIFT EXTEND and features all 19 or so released characters and all that goodness and extras. thinking bout getting it myself, just hope the gamespeed is faster this time around, which i doubt btw.

I wanted it to be DLC, but whatever, i think i will buy it no matter what :\

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 13, 2011, 07:22:54 PM »
Well that certainly kills some of the convenience that the PS3 had for tourneys.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 13, 2011, 07:37:45 PM »
;c       ;d

;a       ;b

C is HP and D is HK, while A is LP and B as LK. it's the original neo geo cd lay out on pad and it works the best imo. only problem would be B+C but you can just assign that to R1 or some shit. remember X is A and O is B on PS3 pad, you should understand what C and D are.

That is the config we use at arcades here and that is the most accesible way of pressing B + C, I dunno why you say it can be a problem, try it, it's the most comfortable.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 13, 2011, 07:42:38 PM »
Ok, Delta, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Anybody know if there are any videos of friday's French stream?
I need more KOF, canĀ“t for tomorrow's stream!!!
What an agony, I need the game NOW!!!

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 13, 2011, 08:14:24 PM »
;c       ;d

;a       ;b

That is the config we use at arcades here and that is the most accesible way of pressing B + C, I dunno why you say it can be a problem, try it, it's the most comfortable.

he is talking about ps3 pad, and it is very awkward to bar your thumb in that position.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'