Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362129 times)

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #375 on: November 04, 2011, 07:41:21 PM »
Really hoping to find out if there's going to be another delay in north america, too, since I need to decide whether or not to ask for time off from work for NEC, and I'm not sure if it's worth it for me to go there without XIII.
Old man/bad player

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 04, 2011, 08:11:02 PM »
lol, forums (Atlus staff) posted this in the Atlus forums:

We're still set for the 22nd, though that isn't necessarily set in stone. Things can happen at the last minute which can result in minor delays like this (nothing development-wise, obviously, since we're beyond that point). I'm not entirely sure why exactly Japan made the slight delay, but then again, they never gave a firm release date since the initial delay.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 04, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »
I doubt we'll see another delay. We're too close and too much PR is being done. I really do think the Japanese release date has a lot to do with DLC Iori, which is the preorder bonus. It would suck to buy a game and get the preorder bonus a week-and-a-half later.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 04, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »
shit id wait 2 weeks more if that would mean ast instead of ost.

In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 04, 2011, 09:00:04 PM »
I don't think the headline should be "XIII Delayed in Japan." It's more accurate to say  "Japanese Release Date Announced."

Again, they never had a firm date in Asia. It's just over one week after the rest of the world gets it. XII was also released in North America before it was released in Japan.

As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing to see here.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 04, 2011, 09:06:56 PM »
isn't the reason that the DLC characters are $8 because they come with other things?
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 04, 2011, 09:08:29 PM »
I'm pretty happy with what we got. I'm especially happy 2 of my characters got some significant buffs and chars I considered are stronger.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 04, 2011, 10:25:12 PM »
this backdash option is interesting and it gives more strategy or leads up to mindgames a little more
what i hope is .... please dont make it possible to do option select like in sf.
we r not retarded and we dont need stuffs like ok i do this and if he reacts in this way i ll do 'automatically' that.
what we need is reaction and intuitions not retarded option selects

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 04, 2011, 11:04:16 PM »
Um, option selects are in pretty much every fighting game.  They're a way of twisting the game engine to work in your favor, just like canceling was way back in SF2:World Warrior.
Old man/bad player

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 04, 2011, 11:09:19 PM »
Um, option selects are in pretty much every fighting game.  They're a way of twisting the game engine to work in your favor, just like canceling was way back in SF2:World Warrior.

what os r in kof 98 ? and asking to ppl playing already the xiii there r os ? O_o

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 04, 2011, 11:14:19 PM »

what os r in kof 98 ? and asking to ppl playing already the xiii there r os ? O_o

The Beginner's Incomplete Guide to KOF

Go to 12:30.

There's still a big difference between OS in KOF and OS in SF4, though. At least in my opinion.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 05, 2011, 12:18:06 AM »
I'm pretty happy with what we got. I'm especially happy 2 of my characters got some significant buffs and chars I considered are stronger.

i'm happy because they balanced the cast better, most of the characters i use got better too.  :)
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 05, 2011, 12:42:44 AM »

Here's a very limited list of examples:

-Hold back while pushing a fast normal against jumpin mixups.  The video Rex Dart linked shows how that works.
-Every normal throw is an OS, especially if you have a good cl.C/cl.D like Kyo.  Beats blocking, jump outs, and slow moves that are throwable.
-Anyone with an air throw and a good j.A or j.B but bad j.C and j.D can do j.AC/j.AD or j.BC/j.BD, respectively, while holding a direction.  You either air grab if they jumped or get your j.A/j.B if they didn't.
-O.Chris: cl.D, hcf+AB...you get punch dance on hit from cl.D or qcf+A on block
Old man/bad player

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 05, 2011, 12:46:39 AM »
i am actually glad they buffed everyone a bit it's gonna be interesting to see who everybody uses

off topic: the modern warfare writers are crazy *spoilers ahead*

[spoiler]do i really need to see a child get killed in a car bombing fox news is gonna have a fuckin field day with this [/spoiler]

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 05, 2011, 12:51:53 AM »
i am actually glad they buffed everyone a bit it's gonna be interesting to see who everybody uses

off topic: the modern warfare writers are crazy *spoilers ahead*

[spoiler]do i really need to see a child get killed in a car bombing fox news is gonna have a fuckin field day with this [/spoiler]

Dude...it's literally a CoD Story.  Only one that's actually decent is Black Ops and that's just because of how batshit insane it was.  Plus you can't beat the fun of flashbacks.  Too bad the rest of the game sucked.

Again off topic, Canada Cup in 3-4 hours, aw yeah.

On topic, can't...wait...much longer for the game.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.